The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does everyone else feel about the fact Guides of the Lotus now have an "exclusive" armor set?

Eldnacpeek

4 hours ago, SilverZs said:

My Edo Prime and Targis Prime could care less.

Do I have the Guide Armor? Yes I Do!
Do I have Purple Text and Moderator powers? Yes I Do!
Am I extremely jelly of you for the most amazing looking set of armor in the game (Edo Prime)? Yes....Oh Yes I Am!

I think that is not enough to catch a new players attention. There are so many armor parts available in game which look so much better than this one (glorious Targis Prime!).

What I think DE should do is make the guides larger in size when in relays. Like as big as the rhino statue, or even bigger. That should get the new players attention.

With so many cosmetics available to us, I don't think this exclusive armor makes a difference. But hey, that's just how the way I think.

3 hours ago, Zarozian said:

I feel like it's mocking me, making me regret not applying to become a guide of the Lotus. =/

It may be mocking you if you weren't invested at all in helping people. But.....I've seen how you work, I've seen your clan and how well it's both maintained and regulated. You should not feel mocked by ANYTHING. You should be proud of yourself.

39 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

hopefully they release a generic version of it for the general players. The problem will likely be that people may try to copy the colors.

This new thing should actually a floating icon above the warframe like in Lunaro if the issue with them is that you can tell who is who.

1. If they released generic versions it would simply cause confusion, going against the aim of the idea to begin with. 

2. If a pair of Shoulder pieces generates this much resentment and animosity....What do you think a giant floating Icon would do?

4 minutes ago, Aigloblam said:

1. If they released generic versions it would simply cause confusion, going against the aim of the idea to begin with. 

2. If a pair of Shoulder pieces generates this much resentment and animosity....What do you think a giant floating Icon would do?

1- They can make it like primes and prisma stuff where you can see clear difference.

2- I would think that cool-looking Lotus-theme armor is more of an issue than a large floating icon above the warframe.

a0GzSOA.png

What makes this more interesting than armor?

BTW, how much resentment and animosity is there? Cause in this thread it's mostly meh.

1 minute ago, Mak_Gohae said:

1- They can make it like primes and prisma stuff where you can see clear difference.

2- I would think that cool-looking Lotus-theme armor is more of an issue than a large floating icon above the warframe.

What makes this more interesting than armor?

BTW, how much resentment and animosity is there? Cause in this thread it's mostly meh.

See the clear differences if they are players like you, with enough time in the game to easily tell the difference between something like, Prisma Skana and Regular Skana. New players only see "Sword" and "Slightly Shiny Sword". Sure they would register a difference if they saw them side by side, but its first impressions of very new people we're talking about. I totally get your point though, just chatting around to clarify :)

As for Resentment and Animosity, even if its only one person to start out with, I've seen it get kinda bad in relays and in squad. The unfortunate truth is that so few of the playerbase even goes to the forums that you sorta get a filtering out of the really offensive people. The ones who dont care enough to go onto a website and just prefer to talk smack in game. So if there is one or two people doing it on the Forums, you can expect orders of magnitude more actually in game. But so far, its really not that bad. But then again its only been out for a few days now. Hopefully it doesn't get bad, better for everyone that way.

with all the incident heating up the player base, DE choose to showcase exclusive armor that isn't locked by cash but by a title of a player that is supposed to be on equal in term of gameplay experience.what a way to tell us "We are very good at showing special treatment". At least, We are free to uninstall the game just as they are free to add whatever special treatment they want.

Edited by Nijyumensou

I think though, the shoulder pieces aren't just there for standing around in the Relays. Now granted, I am a very new Guide, but both pre and post Guidehood, most of the beginners I come across I see mid-mission. In the fast pace of the gameplay that is Warframe, the sigil gets lost even more than it does in the Fashion-Frame arena of the Relays. Having something shiny and with a little bit of physics like this new armor piece draws more attention and is easier to see than the sigil. Especially since the Sigils got a cosmetic change that makes them darker and harder to see in general. Even with a brighter background color, it gets dark and shadowy and hard to distinguish, especially in the dim and fitful lighting of certain tile sets.

In the end, even if the only question that gets asked more from the shoulder armor is, "What is that and how do I get it?", it gets the conversation started and lets me introduce myself. That in and of itself seems invaluable to me.

58 minutes ago, Aigloblam said:

Someone doesn't make it to be a guide without the knowledge to help others. This isn't a random lottery we're talking about.

Err....no, i had a debate with a GotL who believed that the tennogen stuff would never make it to console, then after it was announced (i informed him about the announcement) he believed that it wont be available for plat... Look how it ended...

1 minute ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Err....no, i had a debate with a GotL who believed that the tennogen stuff would never make it to console, then after it was announced (i informed him about the announcement) he believed that it wont be available for plat... Look how it ended...

At the time, Thats the information he had. I'm certainly not saying we're infallible, Just that to become a guide you have to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the game. In the end, we're not DE Employees, so we have no more access to that kind of business level stuff than you do.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

And...? You asked them a personal question. They don't know what is happening behind the scenes with DE and their deals with the console overlords.

For a while I would have said the same thing till they announced they worked out a deal.

1 minute ago, SilvaDreams said:

And...? You asked them a personal question. They don't know what is happening behind the scenes with DE and their deals with the console overlords.

For a while I would have said the same thing till they announced they worked out a deal.

Its not a personal question, the debate itself was started in the council chat. I simply told them what i know from a devstream, then he denied all of those...

So much for "behind the scenes & personal question"

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Its not a personal question, the debate itself was started in the council chat. I simply told them what i know from a devstream, then he denied all of those...

Well you were lacking time frame of when you asked, and they might not have caught the dev stream.

They are human and not infallible.

20 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

with all the incident heating up the player base, DE choose to showcase exclusive armor that isn't locked by cash but by a title of a player that is supposed to be on equal in term of gameplay experience.what a way to tell us "We are very good at showing special treatment". At least, We are free to uninstall the game just as they are free to add whatever special treatment they want.

I think it's a false assumption to call two small cosmetic items special treatment, let alone saying DE "showcased" them. They're tools, nothing more. They're a way of catching attention and labeling us as what we are, volunteers and helpers. Without them we, especially us Juniors, would look identical to any other player and be that much harder to recognize. Are they a perfect solution? Absolutely not, but in terms of "special treatment" they hardly deserve mentioning. They don't make us any better than any other player in the game, and implying that they somehow do is silly. No cosmetic item, no matter how dearly bought, somehow grants another player the status of being "better than everyone else".

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

if you have the screenshot of your chat log between them, you can inform DE about him/her by reporting him or her since it can be consider a wrong input of information.

3 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

if you have the screenshot of your chat log between them, you can inform DE about him/her by reporting him or her since it can be consider a wrong input of information.

Guides are never above reproach. Now whether they were stating their own personal predictions (the ones we ALL have) or actually giving info as if it came from DE....That's the question. I'm always careful to make sure people know when i'm just guessing, Cause you never know when one mistake can ripple out waves of misinformation. 

I think its a matter of Fashionframe being endgame for a lot of people, IMO the armor looks very cool, I would like to have it, and from a pure "gotta catch em all" collector mindset that bugs me.  But in all honesty the people who are part of the program deserve it for being helpful members of the community.

And actually, if they are going for "standing out" then like previous posters suggested they should just get that sigil pop over their head, as an auxiliary slot item, that would very much stand out.  That actually also makes a lot of sense too more so than an exclusive armor set that is obviously gonna make people jelly.

Edited by Z3GR4M

1 minute ago, Jeahanne said:

I think it's a false assumption to call two small cosmetic items special treatment, let alone saying DE "showcased" them. They're tools, nothing more. They're a way of catching attention and labeling us as what we are, volunteers and helpers. Without them we, especially us Juniors, would look identical to any other player and be that much harder to recognize. Are they a perfect solution? Absolutely not, but in terms of "special treatment" they hardly deserve mentioning. They don't make us any better than any other player in the game, and implying that they somehow do is silly. No cosmetic item, no matter how dearly bought, somehow grants another player the status of being "better than everyone else".

I think you have mistaken perspective with assumption ,I perceived it as special treatment because it is only exclusive to one specific group but you perceived as otherwise,that's all.

1 minute ago, Nijyumensou said:

I think you have mistaken perspective with assumption ,I perceived it as special treatment because it is only exclusive to one specific group but you perceived as otherwise,that's all.

Fair enough ^-^

7 minutes ago, Nijyumensou said:

You also should look at it this way.

They went out and volunteer to do work for free and they were given a shirt and badge for doing so.

Now are you going to get pissed because you didn't get those when you didn't go and do the volunteer work?

And don't get me wrong I help newbies all the time, but these people are taking free time out of their day specifically for this.

Edited by SilvaDreams