Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoGen Files - Missing Bits and Pieces

Syncrasis

I've downloaded today (8-26) and gone through all the Warframe ZIP files one by one to make sure they share continuity and are workable. What I am checking for with each one:

-FBX file parameters upon import and ZIP file size, some of them seem to vary widely. May or may not be an issue.
-Does the FBX file show me the vanilla in-game materials? If they are not applied to the FBX upon import (I'm using Maya), it means I cannot access them, either because they were not packed in the file or because they are referencing a file on a C drive local to DE.
-Is the character model complete? Cloth elements in particular seem to be missing in many files.

RED - Needs attention
GREEN - All points examined check out

• Atlas (126 mb)
    -5 elements, 2 materials, 6 textures
    -Textures applied to FBX in Maya: YES
    -Missing front and back loincloth elements
  • Ash (15 mb)
    -5 Elements, 3 Materials, 10 Textures
    -Textures applied to FBX in Maya: NO. Diffuse points to: C:\Evolution\Lotus\Characters\Tenno\Ninja\Ninja_d.png (all other textures in material sets follow suit)
    -Model is complete
  • Banshee (15 mb)
    -5 Elements, 3 Materials, 12 Textures
    -Textures applied to FBX in Maya: NO. Diffuse points to: C:\Evolution\Lotus\Characters\Tenno\Decree\Decree_d.png
    -Model is complete
  • Ember (15 mb)
    -5 Elements, 2 Materials, 6 Textures
    -Textures applied to FBX in Maya: NO. Diffuse points to: C:\Evolution\Lotus\Characters\Tenno\Ember\EmberNew_d.png
    -Model is complete
  • Excalibur (33 mb)
    -2 Elements, 2 Materials, 6 Textures
    -Model is complete
    *This ZIP file already has the full materials unpacked in it, so no need to grab them from the FBX itself.
  • Hydroid (15 mb)
    -4 Elements, 2 Materials, 2 Textures
    -Textures applied to FBX in Maya: NO. This FBX shows me one normal map applied (to the helmet), but doesn't have pointers to the game textures like the others.
    -Missing helmet cloth elements. Coat cloth elements present.
  • Inaros (151 mb)
    -4 Elements, 3 Materials, 6 Textures
    -Missing all cloth elements
  • Ivara (38 mb)
    -44 Elements, 11 Materials, 21 Textures
    -Textures applied to FBX in Maya: NO. Diffuse points to: C:\Evolution\Lotus\Characters\Tenno\Archer\Archer_d.png
    -Model is complete
  • Limbo (21 mb)
    -5 Elements, 5 Materials, 8 Textures
    -Textures applied to FBX in Maya: NO. Diffuse points to: C:\Evolution\Lotus\Characters\Tenno\Magician\Magician_d.png
    -Model is complete
  • Mag (38 mb)
    -5 Elements, 3 Materials, 8 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Nezha (70 mb)
    -4 Elements, 3 Materials, 9 Textures
    -Missing front loincloth element
  • Oberon (39 mb)
    -13 Elements, 6 Materials, 24 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Saryn (137 mb)
    -5 Elements, 2 Materials, 8 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Trinity (31 mb)
    -2 Elements, 3 Materials, 8 Textures
    -Textures applied to FBX in Maya: YES (head texture is applied to FX geometry instead of head, but easily fixed)
    -Model is complete
  • Volt (38 mb)
    -3 Elements, 2 Materials, 8 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Chroma (81 mb)
    -13 Elements, 5 Materials, 13 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Frost (183 mb)
    -8 Elements, 4 Materials, 15 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Loki (63 mb)
    -Model is complete
  • Mesa (53 mb)
    -14 Elements, 3 Materials, 8 Textures
    -Missing bandana cloth elements
  • Mirage (37 mb)
    -Model is complete
  • Nekros (52 mb)
    -4 Elements, 3 Materials, 10 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Nova (48 mb)
    -8 Elements, 4 Materials, 10 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Nyx (43 mb)
    -3 Elements, 2 Materials, 7 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Rhino (35 mb)
    -2 Elements, 2 Materials, 8 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Valkyr (41 mb)
    -8 Elements, 3 Materials, 9 Textures
    -Missing tubing cloth elements and energy claws (NOTE: An older version of this FBX definitely had the tubes and energy claws)
  • Vauban (51 mb)
    -5 Elements, 2 Materials, 8 Textures
    -Model is complete
  • Wukong (162 mb)
    -17 Elements, 8 Materials, 9 Textures
    -Textures applied to FBX in Maya: YES BODY NO HEAD (except normal map)
    -Model is complete
  • Zephyr (51 mb)
    -10 Elements, 3 Materials, 9 Textures
    -Model is complete

Please note: I am only checking to make sure the FBX files have everything necessary for content creators to access. There may be other bugs. Please note them in replies!

ALSO: The textures I'm looking for are not the source files you see in the ZIP file IE Curvature, AO, Normal maps. I'm looking for the final in-game materials only, IE the ones that end in _d _e _n etc

I really hope this helps! Thanks so much for putting these files together for us!

@[DE]SizzlingCalamari 

@[DE]Kary

Edited by Syncrasis

• 1 month later...

Bump, it's been a while but the files still haven't been updated. I'm planning to do Banshee and Hydroid but there's nothing i can do for now. I know DE is busy with TWW but can you guys update it before the next round or at least hold the next round until all files are completed?

oh wow I was just going to post this same exact info in a new thread, okay. Have DE responded to you in any way about this? @Syncrasis

Also I'd like to add that besides some archives lacking entire texture sets, some of them (from the ones you've flagged as OK) are only missing several maps such as specular, roughness and emissive, in particular:

• Atlas: Roughness and emissive maps
  • Inaros: Specular and roughness
  • Loki: Roughness
  • Wukong: Roughness

Also also the Excalibur archive is outdated last I checked, if you want to grab the PBR version it's only found in the "Default Example" (UploaderDefaultExample.zip) for some reason. Also, are vanilla Mag and Volt PBR'd? Their archives are outdated if so.

Edited by Artarrwen

I am glad this could be brought to attention to help.

Having all of the in-game textures easily accessible helps with creators to mimic similar Warframe materials that would blend TennoGen items with vanilla Warframe aesthetics. So we can mix and match helmets and other cosmetics and be sure they match.

I know the team is busy and this is no rush, as long as they get to it on their own time that is what matters.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay, our department has been juggling a lot of tasks lately and this fell by the wayside much longer than it should.  

We updated the files for Atlas, Hydroid, Inaros, Mesa and Nezha and hopefully have all the meshes needed. The textures will be a longer term thing as many of the characters in question do not yet have a PBR material.  It feels like it would generate a false positive to put those textures out.  People would naturally think they need to match the content in those, then chaos, etc.  It feels better to leave it matching the characters as you see them in game instead as the PBR conversion will be trying to stay as close to the original as possible, biggest difference will be in the metal areas.  

Thanks for compiling the list!

On 18/10/2016 at 9:44 PM, [DE]Kary said:

-snip-

Thanks for updating the model, but uhh we still need the textures especially diffuse and specular to match the helmet we made to the original body. At the moment some of the models only have curve and AO, i'm mixing both of them to make a temporary diffuse, but i doubt it can match the in game diffuse.