The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excaliburs mobility is limited now.

(XBOX)LAZYNOOB2017

When Exalibur was nerfed to prevent spamming his sliding Radial Blind while using Exalted Blade which was very understandle by the way, it made me realise that making us use energy to do the sliding Radial Blind really limits our movement when using Exalted Blade. We cannot slide and attack anymore without using 20 energy points even with Streamline on. It needs to be removed. I don't want to use the sliding Radial Blind anymore, I just want to be fast again to keep the enemies energy output low. Please consider this DE.

I wish they got rid of the sliding radial blind completely and just gave us a real slide attack. Valkyr's Slide attack gives her a super multi-hit combo one-shot ability, Excal's gives him a slightly cheaper, horribly short range version of an ability he already has. -_-

Edited by Gelkor

Where have you guys been? Slide attacks stop being mobility when Parkour 2.0 came out. They're for attacking and that's it. If you want mobility, we have Bullet Jump now. And while I see the complaint about silde attack, you turn into a freaking fluctus. Excalibur has little reason to actually get into melee range in the first place.

Edited by Ceryk

17 minutes ago, (XB1)LAZYNOOB2015 said:

When Exalibur was nerfed to prevent spamming his sliding Radial Blind while using Exalted Blade which was very understandle by the way, it made me realise that making us use energy to do the sliding Radial Blind really limits our movement when using Exalted Blade. We cannot slide and attack anymore without using 20 energy points even with Streamline on. It needs to be removed. I don't want to use the sliding Radial Blind anymore, I just want to be fast again to keep the enemies energy output low. Please consider this DE.

The added energy cost for Excalibur's slide attack is really unnecesary. Because in melee, slide attack become the core itself to deal damage, i mean more damage output from your melee weapon. Slide attack tied up with Exalted Blade's auto Radial Blind everytime you do slide attack will decrease your energy really fast. in fact, the innate Radial Blind "Lite" itself is not really blinding people. It's radius is really small and almost useless. adding energy cost to Exalted Blade's slide attack really limit Excalibur's mobility and freedom of movement. I'm 100% agree with OP that this change should gone for good (But not the damage reduction if the wave goes too far, its reasonable)

5 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

Where have you guys been? Slide attacks stop being mobility when Parkour 2.0 came out. They're for attacking and that's it. If you want mobility, we have Bullet Jump now.

Slide attacks are still great offensive gap closer for going melee only, they bridge the gap between runing to a target and bullet jumping past the target (Especially because if you bullet jump at a target and try to do melee you do a terrible air attack, which are terrible). Slide attacks are bread and butter for melee only users and Excalibur players are literally penalized for doing them. Slide Radial Blind has such short range it's pointless, and the decision to use a blind ability is better left to actually casting the skill.

Blade waves have heavy damage falloff now, it actually does behoove Excalibur players to engage at melee range, especially due to melee combo counters. Being able to do a REAL spin attack would go to great lengths to promoting the "Master Swordsman" gameplay as opposed to crouch-camping and wave spamming.

Edited by Gelkor

That's the reason I want this change. While I'm running towards an enemy they have more than enough time to get a few shots in before I kill them. But I didn't use 20 points of energy every time I did a slide attack then it would be so much better. I think that my idea is a good balance between the nerf and maneuverability.

10 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Slide attacks are still great offensive gap closer for going melee only, they bridge the gap between ruining to a target and bullet jumping past the target. Slide attacks are bread and butter for melee only users and Excalibur players are literally penalized for doing them. Slide Radial Blind has such short range it's pointless, and the decision to use a blind ability is better left to actually casting the skill.

Blade waves have heavy damage falloff now, it actually does behoove Excalibur players to engage at melee range, especially due to melee combo counters. Being able to do a REAL spin attack would go to great lengths to promoting the "Master Swordsman" gameplay as opposed to crouch-camping and wave spamming.

The whole Master Swordsman thing went out the window with the energy waves if you ask me. Honestly, I question if it ever really existed. He's always seemed like more of an assassin to me with the whole Radial Blind and Radial Javelin thing going on. While I can see the argument for getting rid of the slide blind all together, I also kind of get the feeling the devs intend for it to be a different style of melee combat from the rest of the game, which is why the devs probably aren't going to change it. Using your example of a running target, you have the energy waves. Falloff or not, you're still going to hit them.

Edited by Ceryk

Nope, it's fine. I find it very hard to run out of energy on him. Your build either doesn't fit your playstyle or you're just spamming the slide attack and other abilities when there's no need. Otherwise, I have no idea why you would have energy problems. If you want mobility, bullet jump is at your disposal at all times for free. The slide attack is indeed not for that purpose anymore, that was a big reason the movement system was changed.

No. it's none of those. I need to close the gap between me and my enemy and bullet jump is for air targets which there are almost none of besides the helion and a few sentinels. If I bullet jump past an enemy they can usually get a few shots in before I turn around and kill them. I want to slide without always using radial blind.

The slide attack is indeed not for that purpose anymore, that was a big reason the movement system was changed.

If I want to bullet jump I don't do a slide attack and viceversa. Slide attacks have a reason to be used: to offer a smaller target to avoid damage, close the gap and deal more damage. That's why they are useful in melee mode. I don't see why it shouldn't be so in an abilty that should be 100% focused on melee fight

Totally agreed, slide attacks usually hit harder than normal ones, and being able to do them without losing the slide momentum helps a lot to keep mobility and a good damage output over moving enemies. Said that, I'd gladly accept the slide attack radial bling being totally removed, after all there's no way to avoid using it when unwanted and renders radial blind somehow redundant.

Tldr: Slide attacks are for damaging enemies on the run, If we want blinding a group of enemies we can always move our finger a little and cast radial blind.

hmm im not too invested in this topic and i half read everything here

but

practice can lead to bullet jumps neatly parallel to the ground, aim/block gliding for better control of distance and speed and if you have 175% efficiency slash dash is 7 or so energy and you are invincible through most of it

that said, yea they should get rid of it 

tying a halved version of radial blind to a offense/movement mechanic that has been so freely used over the years as well as adding more energy consumption to an already energy draining ability is... it doesn't feel good yea?

I really think Excals Radial Blind should Be Removed just Like you, though imo Radial Blind and Slash dash both "use" the exalted blade, those abilities should cost less because you already have the blade out or at the very least have reduced cast time, Ivara can insta-cast quiver while using artemis bow, should show Excal the same love

It'd be nice to see Excalibur's Exalted Blade work like "Splash Attack" from Ragnarok Odyssey [Ace], where blade waves only generate when you perform certain combos perfectly. It gives people an excuse to learn about Exalted Blade's combos and it rewards them with a number of consecutive waves depending on which combo is executed. 

So, I propose that Exalted Blade can only execute waves on perfect execution of combos, meaning the toggle ability is a standard melee, but when executing and ending a combo, waves are generated and the ending attack to certain combos will generate multiple consecutive waves. Just a thought.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
grammar fixes, addendum

Just a note from someone who knows Excal well. Removing Slide Blind will put EBlade Excalibur quite below Excalibur with regular melee on all levels of content.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)Lei-Lei_23 said:

Just a thought

Slapping waves on the end of pretty much any combo promotes idiocy of hitting the air just to launch a wave into someone who's far away. If hitting air won't result in waves, waves will be nigh useless.

However, a dedicated wave combo would be perfectly fine.

Edited by Epsik-kun