Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make the Void Great Again

(PSN)DesecratedFlame

I would like for the void to have a purpose, and farming Argon crystals is not a good enough reason, especially since they decay.  Void Fissure missions are also boring.

As such, it would be great if in addition to getting void traces from those missions, we could get them from doing any mission in the void.

Unlike the other suggestion, I don't want to see them limited to end of mission rewards. I want to see them as dropable items.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

This has been discussed multiple times by DE. Several DE people have said they were in favor of the idea, and it pretty much looks like we're gonna get it fairly soon. They've specifically said that they were going to provide motivation to do endless missions as well.

But just to be clear, I'm totally in favor of the idea. I miss the void!

30 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

This has been discussed multiple times by DE. Several DE people have said they were in favor of the idea, and it pretty much looks like we're gonna get it fairly soon. They've specifically said that they were going to provide motivation to do endless missions as well.

But just to be clear, I'm totally in favor of the idea. I miss the void!

Where?  When did they say that?  I don't remember any of that ^ they were the ones in favor of blowing up the void and getting rid of it, but couldn't due to the already rioting forums.  

The void still has a massive purpose, and it gets weaved into the rest of the game.  Lua?  Fissures?  Lore?  Prime frames?  Literally half the game wouldn't exist without the void.  You just need to appreciate that in the sense of being able to see the reason behind half the game, being able to go to that central spot where it all originates from.  The purpose is there, but you're not thinking big enough. 

3 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

Where?  When did they say that?  I don't remember any of that

Eh, I can't remember when. It's been discussed in podcasts and devstreams, though. For example, they've brought up letting traces drop from eximus units in the void, and I know for a fact that not having as much of a "point" to the void has been acknowledged by several of DE staff, and they've said they wanted to change that. Traces was the main thing being discussed to make the void great again, but endless missions in general have been brought up. Sorry I don't have specifics, but I don't have the greatest memory for such things. I'm sure someone can find it, though.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Eh, I can't remember when. It's been discussed in podcasts and devstreams, though. For example, they've brought up letting traces drop from eximus units in the void, and I know for a fact that not having as much of a "point" to the void has been acknowledged by several of DE staff, and they've said they wanted to change that. Traces was the main thing being discussed to make the void great again, but endless missions in general have been brought up. Sorry I don't have specifics, but I don't have the greatest memory for such things. I'm sure someone can find it, though.

I'd be careful when attempting to use DE as a reference without legitimate backing.  Too many people do that, so you might want to go find that, because as far as I can recall from dev streams, watching conversations with them on twitter, seeing prime time, and looking at forums posts, the only thing that was absolutely mentioned was putting fissure missions in the void tilesets.  That was the extent of it.  No word on anything else here. 

On 8/28/2016 at 0:02 AM, Firefly0037 said:

I'd be careful when attempting to use DE as a reference without legitimate backing.  Too many people do that, so you might want to go find that, because as far as I can recall from dev streams, watching conversations with them on twitter, seeing prime time, and looking at forums posts, the only thing that was absolutely mentioned was putting fissure missions in the void tilesets.  That was the extent of it.  No word on anything else here. 

was this ever found?

49 minutes ago, Firefly0037 said:

I gave up looking lol the dev streams are too long for me to continue wanting to search them.

You could just find AM-bunnys devstream wrap ups, although i dont think anyone covers whats been mentioned in the primetime, podcasts , reddit and twitter. DE drop comments everywhere.

On 8/16/2016 at 7:43 PM, Jakku said:

Old void bring it back, why? I want it that way!

On 8/16/2016 at 7:55 PM, Jakku said:

The old way of void after an T3D 100 wave.

On 8/15/2016 at 4:03 PM, Jakku said:

Ok so here goes nothing, you use one/1 relic and is guaranteed one/1 prize.

So why is it that when four/4 relic(s) are used you still acquire one/1 prize .

This alone is making myself think that the drop table(s) are a sham in terms of item use and effort, let alone the fact that there is no real selection in what you get what so ever.

The selection in a four/4 man party is only due to multiple/ different relic(s) used with prize (s) that are not similar to your own.

And therefor you get to pick a prize (one/1 prize) out of  4 relic(s).

Why is it this way and why are you selecting a single item out of 4 item(s) that should be guaranteed to the player.

*I find myself only doing captures solo due  to the fact of being guaranteed 1 item (one relic/1 item) per void fissure mission.*

It is as if teaming up means nothing anymore due to this fact of less quantity and more effort and time.

The old ways of void was five minute(s) or wave(s) per said reward be it what ever the tier and/or mission it was (Defense, Survival ect).

This new way is one/1 reward per fissure, no matter how many in the party.

This to me is ground breaking in terms of playing to achieve any what so ever ducat(s) and or set(s) of item herein.

If nothing is to be done then I for one will definitely have to solo more mission(s) as stated previously, because if it is a single item each time then why bother.