The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

FPS DROPPING MORE FREQUENTLY THAN LAST TIME

Madhan25

First of all my pc config is as follows:

CPU: Intel pentium E5500 @ 2.8 ghz

GPU: EVGA gt 730 1gb gddr5 ex-oc (new one with 384 cuda cores)

RAM: 4gb

when first i installed warframe when i don't have the gpu there was no fps drops at all i was able to play warframe 15-23 fps constant.later i bought gt 730 after i verified & optimized cache from game launcher(standalone version) it was pretty smooth at 48-54 fps(videos setings are medium at 1366x768) and 125 fps while in ship, from their onwards after sands of inaros to today's titania update fps got even worse 110 fps in ship and 27 fps with serious lag(video settings low at 1280x768) while doing random mission.and i have tried DX11,DX10 multithread renndering with 64-bit combinations no result in performance.

every setting i tried the result was none so i thought that problem was my cpu. still don't know.

Conslusion is are there any settings to try to get smooth gameplay as on youtube guy with same gpu gets smooth gameplay in surival !!!!!! following is link of that video.where as i get 17 fps with lag in same location. suggest me anything to make my game run smooth thanks in advance :P

It's on every update right? These unintended features. Lol.

Kidding aside, I always do get to play stop dance at my liset and missions every after update. I'm only given like 2 weeks before a new update is released to enjoy the game like I did before. Really, this FPS spike is something.

Btw it's not your settings bruh, it's the game.

Edited by Zedvick_the_Defiant

3 minutes ago, Zedvick_the_Defiant said:

It's on every update right? These unintended features. Lol.

Kidding aside, I always do get to play stop dance at my liset and missions every after update. I'm only given like 2 weeks before a new update is released to enjoy the game like I did before. Really, this FPS spike is something.

Btw it's not your settings bruh, it's the game.

its happening to you as well ? seriously developers have make something to make game run smoother on low end systems.

It's happening to me too; I started during Sands of Inaros update and got stable 20-25 fps before falling to 5-6 fps during Silver Grove, rising back to 13-17 fps in one of its hotfix, and then falling again.

This might be my laptop's problems rather than the game itself though: it seemed to be able to render everything fully and sometimes it would spike its fps up nicely for a few seconds. Maybe it's the processing power or something (kinda like when I overloaded Skyrim with script mods)

Edited by Beggining
Woot da woop

Dual core processors are pretty weak for Warframe, because game more benefit from better cpu than gpu. I have before Core 2 Duo E4400 and now i switched to Core i5 6500 a got boost almost tripled fps with the same gpu

Edited by Myscho

1 minute ago, Myscho said:

Dual core processors are pretty weak for Warframe, because game more benefit from better cpu than gpu. I have before Core 2 Duo E4400 and now i switched to Core i5 6500 a got boost almost tripled fps with the same gpu

I suspect that @Madhan25's Intel pentium E5500 turns into a bottleneck sometimes. It is a low-end processor which is not very powerful. Neither is EVGA gt 730 unfortunately.

OP's machine is a bit above the minimum system requirements. They won't come around installing more powerful hardware in the future if they intend to keep playing modern DirectX games.

35 minutes ago, Myscho said:

think i should also change my system totally what do you say ?

28 minutes ago, TRSS said:

I suspect that @Madhan25's Intel pentium E5500 turns into a bottleneck sometimes. It is a low-end processor which is not very powerful. Neither is EVGA gt 730 unfortunately.

OP's machine is a bit above the minimum system requirements. They won't come around installing more powerful hardware in the future if they intend to keep playing modern DirectX games.

there's no way rather than upgrading my pc ?

45 minutes ago, Vyra said:

I agree, also the Void seems to eat more FPS now.
( i triple checked setting, everything is the same as before but the game still eats more FPS now.

ya changing void keys to fissure was big relief for me :P

1 hour ago, Beggining said:

It's happening to me too; I started during Sands of Inaros update and got stable 20-25 fps before falling to 5-6 fps during Silver Grove, rising back to 13-17 fps in one of its hotfix, and then falling again.

This might be my laptop's problems rather than the game itself though: it seemed to be able to render everything fully and sometimes it would spike its fps up nicely for a few seconds. Maybe it's the processing power or something (kinda like when I overloaded Skyrim with script mods)

what's your system config ?

12 minutes ago, Madhan25 said:

think i should also change my system totally what do you say ?

Yep, need to upgrade to quad-core cpu and as TRSS said, dual cores are bottleneck in every new games and if u start, it will be from scratch, because quad core for socket 775 LGA is not a win even when u keep this motherboard

4 minutes ago, Madhan25 said:

there's no way rather than upgrading my pc ?

Digital Extremes continue to develop their game to add more gameplay while not necessarily increasing framerates for any machine configuration.

Also 4GB of RAM is not enough to play Warframe on Windows. Perhaps the bad framerates are a symptom of memory filling up. You should monitor your machine to see if CPU memory or GPU memory fills up at any point and which processor hits 100% utilization first to find the bottleneck.

2 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Yep, need to upgrade to quad-core cpu and as TRSS said, dual cores are bottleneck in every new games and if u start, it will be from scratch, because quad core for socket 775 LGA is not a win even when u keep this motherboard

as i said i will try to purchase whole new pc starting from motherboard to gpu everything but hat's going to cost me even more than cpu upgrade though.by the way my mother board is DG41CN g41 chipset

1 minute ago, Madhan25 said:

as i said i will try to purchase whole new pc starting from motherboard to gpu everything but hat's going to cost me even more than cpu upgrade though.by the way my mother board is DG41CN g41 chipset

Maybe upgrade to Core 2 Quad will help you a bit, but those cpus alre old and pretty pricy as they have veteran status

i get fps drops from 60/65 to 25/30 specially where there's too much light effects like earth and grineer maps but i think is just bad optimization because i don't have any problems with other maps/games

These are my specs:

Core i7 s870@3.3Ghz
8Gb Ram DDR3 1066Mhz Dual Channel
Geforce Gts250 1gb
HDD 1TB WD Caviar Blue 7200rpm
Windows 10 Home
1280x720 / Medium Settings / AA x4 / Directx 10

3 minutes ago, TRSS said:

Digital Extremes continue to develop their game to add more gameplay while not necessarily increasing framerates for any machine configuration.

Also 4GB of RAM is not enough to play Warframe on Windows. Perhaps the bad framerates are a symptom of memory filling up. You should monitor your machine to see if CPU memory or GPU memory fills up at any point and which processor hits 100% utilization first to find the bottleneck.

what program gives me accurate level to monitor cpu,gpu usages i am pretty sure my ram is not filling up as free ram is 2.7gb idle and in-game it uses 800mb max

1 minute ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

i get fps drops from 60/65 to 25/30 specially where there's too much light effects like earth and grineer maps but i think is just bad optimization because i don't have any problems with other maps/games

These are my specs:

Core i7 s870@3.3Ghz
8Gb Ram DDR3 1066Mhz Dual Channel
Geforce Gts250 1gb
HDD 1TB WD Caviar Blue 7200rpm
Windows 10 Home
1280x720 / Medium Settings / AA x4 / Directx 10

you are lucky fellow gts250 ? is saome old gfx card still 60fps nice to hear that