Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lore Freindly Suggestion Nullifiers vs Limbo

TenGaugeBoson

Nullifiers....We all hate the Bubble Boys. They mess up our flow. Mess up our Rhythm. They make fun missions ....less fun.

Obviously they aren't going away. Why would the corpus get rid of one of their most effective units.

But Tenno technology needs to advance....The most obvious place to start to address this problem would be The Tenno's least favorite frame....Limbo.

From a scientific point of view I would say that the nullifier tech is so similar to the Limbo tech that  that at some point there was some "espionage" Someone stole some data from someone.

Who stole what from whom is the story though isn't it.

I would think that from a scientific stand point that If Limbo were to tweak his tech in some way to better match Nullifier Shielding frequencies that a couple different scenarios could possible happen.

1. Limbo uses his first ability on a null bubble and it pops kind of like the way Frost pops his bubbles.

2. Limbo uses his first ability on a null bubble and it implodes ..Like a Vauban vortex.

3.Limbo casts cataclysm and all null bubbles in range either pop or implode.

All I am saying is that there is a story here that makes Limbo a better frame and nullifiers easier to deal with.

Maybe a Limbo Prime? Maybe a Limbo Prime quest?...Has there ever been a Prime Quest?

I could write something up if DE wanted.I have a pretty good vision of In my opinion would play out.

20 minutes ago, TenGaugeBoson said:

We all hate the Bubble Boys.

1. Limbo uses his first ability on a null bubble and it pops kind of like the way Frost pops his bubbles.

I love you. In two ways.

You made me think of Ephemeral Rift. The Bubble Boy Brigade. Then there's the Riftwalkers, Brothers and Sisters..

And this will make Limbo loved by people x10.

I LOVE YOU.

(I kinda had this idea before.. but I didn't do it for fear of having yet another ignored post ;-;)

1 minute ago, Bizzaro21 said:

the only conflict i find with limbo vs nulli is that limbo displaces himself from this plane, why would the nulli field present in this plane affect him?

Cuz' game logic still needs to stand, the purpose of nullifiers was to stop abilities, I guess.

27 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

maybe any rifted ally/limbo can just walk into the bubble like it wasn't there. I mean...it's limbo, it's the rift, how can that be OP. even if it is, it's only gonna be so little since you know how popular limbo is. 

Seems like a way better idea, since, warframe power or not, the Rift is supposed to be a whole other dimension/ in between much like the void. And I wouldn't say Nullifiers aren't gonna be taken out or changed, because the community is pretty split on the topic atm. And this may be slightly off topic, but I just had a great idea what to do with our bubble boys to make them more fun. We always compare them to Combas and Scrambus' because those two are more satisfying to kill, so why don't we bring Nullifiers up to their level? Give them more health or shields, and change the bubble so that instead of canceling out our powers completely, it only blocks them much like being near a Comba or Scrambus. What would make them unique then is the fact that they still have a bubble-shield that actually protects the people inside. Blocking our powers is one thing, taking away the buffs we need is another

Edited by 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4

1 minute ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Cuz' game logic still needs to stand, the purpose of nullifiers was to stop abilities, I guess.

if we are gonna talk about game logic, this troop should not block bullets at all as that isn`t his main job and obviously is a more common, more effective, rip off from arctic eximus units, but in general logic, limbo shouldnt be able to do his shiz while in the bubble as he does it with void power, but after that he should be immune as he is already displaced

7 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Well then why do doors automatically open when you are invisible? If they can detect motion, then why don't they lock you down?

Why does: Frost get frozen, Volt get electrocuted, Saryn get poisoned? (change any of them with a corresponding Chroma)

How does Lotus speak to all the Tenno at once?

The point is that the game's been ignoring logic for a long time, logic doesn't matter for space ninjas.

Edited by Praxxor

3 minutes ago, LunarEdge7 said:

Oh and, don't forget those darn nullifying nades thrown by Bursas and etc. Limbo should be able to Rift Walk in there, use his abilities just fine, and cast Banish on allies so they can use their abilities even in a totally nulli-nuked area.

read my above post :facepalm:

Just now, Praxxor said:

Well then why do doors automatically open when you are invisible? If they can detect motion, then why don't they lock you down?

Why does: Frost get frozen, Volt get electrocuted, Saryn get poisoned? (change any of them with a corresponding Chroma)

Because the doors weren't made to lock unless an alarm is triggered? It's a very gamey mechanic really

It's a game? I had a thought a while ago, what if frames had more passives/ immunities? The results would be really really OP honestly

Telepathy probably, she is a Sentient after all. That, or considering she is our mission command every Tenno has a link with her

4 minutes ago, Bizzaro21 said:

read my above post :facepalm:

Well sorry.

4 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

The point is that the game's been ignoring logic for a long time, logic doesn't matter for space ninjas.

I. GUESS.

Fine, I'm stupid. Just gonna lurk now.

2 hours ago, 1tsyB1tsyN1nj4 said:

Because the doors weren't made to lock unless an alarm is triggered? It's a very gamey mechanic really

It's a game? I had a thought a while ago, what if frames had more passives/ immunities? The results would be really really OP honestly

Telepathy probably, she is a Sentient after all. That, or considering she is our mission command every Tenno has a link with her

Read the edit now

On 8/28/2016 at 9:38 AM, Bizzaro21 said:

the only conflict i find with limbo vs nulli is that limbo displaces himself from this plane, why would the nulli field present in this plane affect him?

Because the Quantum nonlocality Field frequencies cycle.And when those cycles synchronize.... well.... you remember what happened to the first Limbo right?