The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Warframe Shuts down my PC when Log In

JoseKiryuu

Hi!

Warframe game shuts down my PC when try to Log In. I looked for Overheating issues, but the Temperatures are running fine.

I don't know why is it happening, but I really appreciate if you know what is going on for this issue. It happens to me since Vauban Prime update.

I recorded a 4min video that shows how my PC get shut down when try to log in. 

By the way, my specs are...

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
Processor: AMD FX 8350 4.0GHz - Water cooling
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB Dual Channel DDR3
Graphic Card: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 760 4GB GDDR5 256bits
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W

Some help will be really appreciate.

Regards,

Jose K.

10 hours ago, JoseKiryuu said:

Hi!

Warframe game shuts down my PC when try to Log In. I looked for Overheating issues, but the Temperatures are running fine.

Hi JoseKiryuu,

Have you tried to verify / optimize your Download Cache through the Warframe launcher? You'll find the settings button at the top-right corner. Curious if there is a misplaced file and for whatever reason it is causing your PC to shut down the moment you try to log in. If that doesn't help then we have some other ideas.

0DqGyS6.png

On 8/29/2016 at 9:44 PM, JoseKiryuu said:

Hi!

I don't know why is it happening, but I really appreciate if you know what is going on for this issue. It happens to me since Vauban Prime update.

I recorded a 4min video that shows how my PC get shut down when try to log in. 

By the way, my specs are...

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
Processor: AMD FX 8350 4.0GHz - Water cooling
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB Dual Channel DDR3
Graphic Card: Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 760 4GB GDDR5 256bits
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W

Some help will be really appreciate.

Regards,

Jose K.

You are putting a lot of Voltage through your CPU (~1.42v). Did you try and overclock it at any point, and then forget to set it back to stock? Probably not be the reason for the crashing but I have an FX 8320 @4.5 GHz, and i only put 1.39v through the CPU core. Just a thought for your systems overall health. 8350's are generally better binned chips, so you would presume you shouldn't need to put as much Voltage through it.

On 8/30/2016 at 8:40 AM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi JoseKiryuu,

Have you tried to verify / optimize your Download Cache through the Warframe launcher? You'll find the settings button at the top-right corner. Curious if there is a misplaced file and for whatever reason it is causing your PC to shut down the moment you try to log in. If that doesn't help then we have some other ideas.

0DqGyS6.png

I managed to get a similar effect just loading in (right after inputting log in details), the game crashed however, I did not get a system shutdown.

The crash reporter submitted a bug report; 

WAR - 1029620

I'm also noticing that after switching to the steam launcher (vs the standalone) initialising Warframe is quite buggy. I have a bunch of auto reports submitted from warframe merely trying to boot, but crashing to desktop. This was never the case with the standalone. 

I will run the Verify cache tool, but in all honesty, i haven't been using the steam launcher long - Possibly a couple of weeks. So the files haven't been through many updates.

1 minute ago, MillbrookWest said:

I managed to get a similar effect just loading in (right after inputting log in details), the game crashed however, I did not get a system shutdown.

The crash reporter submitted a bug report; 

WAR - 1029620

Judging by what we can see in the crash logs it seems very likely that verifying your download cache should solve this problem.
If it doesn't, please let us know the WAR-#### you see after your next attempt.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Judging by what we can see in the crash logs it seems very likely that verifying your download cache should solve this problem.
If it doesn't, please let us know the WAR-#### you see after your next attempt.

Thanks.

Verified the cache and have been logging in and out for the last couple of minuets. In my case that seems to have solved the issue. Though i don't know how similar my crash is with @JoseKiryuu system shutdown, outside of them seemingly triggering at the same point. 

Why is your power supply so small? My brother built his PC with a similar setup and discovered that the longer he played the more energy his gpu needed to process and eventually his entire system would soft crash (no blue screen but black screen and no PC response). He upgraded to a much beefier power supply and hasn't had an issue since. 

When you build a PC on nugget never get a power supply that is rated for the exact amount you need, odds are you're gonna go over at some point so you want to have a nice buffer to support you.

18 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

Why is your power supply so small? My brother built his PC with a similar setup and discovered that the longer he played the more energy his gpu needed to process and eventually his entire system would soft crash (no blue screen but black screen and no PC response). He upgraded to a much beefier power supply and hasn't had an issue since. 

When you build a PC on nugget never get a power supply that is rated for the exact amount you need, odds are you're gonna go over at some point so you want to have a nice buffer to support you.

I really doubt that that system need more than 750 W. The power supply's quality is slightly questionable but it should be able to power that system.

3 hours ago, MillbrookWest said:

You are putting a lot of Voltage through your CPU (~1.42v). Did you try and overclock it at any point, and then forget to set it back to stock? Probably not be the reason for the crashing but I have an FX 8320 @4.5 GHz, and i only put 1.39v through the CPU core. Just a thought for your systems overall health. 8350's are generally better binned chips, so you would presume you shouldn't need to put as much Voltage through it.

I wonder if the 4+1 VRMs (voltage regulation modules / power delivery components) on that motherboard with no heat sink can handle the extra voltage.

On 8/29/2016 at 3:40 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hi JoseKiryuu,

0DqGyS6.png

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, but I tried all the people say in the post but nothing worked. The issue persist...

Regards

• 2 weeks later...