Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have you played Saryn recently?

mrbeefy15

I just recently played 3 Survival missions on Titan Saturn as Saryn and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences.

I went over 1000 kills each game, around 20 to 30 minutes a game. I have a pretty Jack of all Trades build with Regenerative Molt augment. First, I place down a clone. Second, I put spores on the clone. Third, cast Toxic Lash and switch to melee. Fourth, let the enemy kill the spores and the clone. Fifth, cast Miasma to clean up with damage amp from toxic and viral or melee any targets with spores on them and cast more clones if my health gets too low. Meleeing targets with spores while Toxic Lash is up restores some energy and Regenerative Molt Restores health. If played safely and correctly, you can survive with a lot of energy and health sustain without a support while outputting a crap ton of damage. High risk, high reward, high skill ceiling and you need some luck on your side. Just my kind of frame.

If you're with a really good team of let's say a Frost, Trinity, and Nekros or something, Saryn alone will be able to output damage and the rest of the team will be able to support and sustain you through the longest of endless missions. Pick Saryn up.

I used melee the most but a shotgun, sonicor or something that can deal with nullifiers, and fast melee weapon will carry you and your team through those missions. Cheers.

Edit 1: I'm glad to see you guys enjoying this thread and there are some Saryn mains posting here as well. Hopefully the TOXICITY will be kept to a minimum... or a maximum, depending. :klappa:

Edit 8/31/2016: To sum it all up, for those who have posted, Saryn has touched us in one way or another and holds a special place in our hearts. She holds the place as the AOE-DOT-DPS-Melee-Caster-Health-Regen-Tank in my heart and pre-rework as the spam 4 to win. Post-rework, I feel like she's more rewarding to play and keeps the gameplay engaging with a high skill ceiling. She requires a lot more brain power to be effective but damn is she effective at her job if done correctly. That kind of gameplay makes us better players. She better identifies herself as the frame that melts enemies slowly and painfully through diesease and plague. I think DE did a wonderful job at executing her rework. In the end, it's just a game but...

Sarynisthebestframehandsdownklappa

Edited by mrbeefy15

Saryn who? 

to be honest she used to be fun but she no longer is ( in my opinion) ... to much micro management in a frame thats super energy hungry makes her so unfun unless you have a ev trin or arcane/restores..

not saying shes not good, but for me her rework killed her i only use her maybe every 100games when im feeling burnt and use the frames i never use

But yeah shes good...

(i responded to your title not your post just realised ops lol)

Edited by Dextral

1 minute ago, Dextral said:

Saryn who? 

to be honest she used to be fun but she no longer is ( in my opinion) ... to much micro management in a frame thats super energy hungry makes her so unfun unless you have a ev trin or arcane/restores..

not saying shes not good, but for me her rework killed her i only use her maybe every 100games when im feeling burnt and use the frames i never use

But yeah shes good...

Umm.. What? P4TW is fun? I mean, I guess it could be, but more fun than how she currently is..? Dextral seems to emit cheese from his nips at this point.

As for me, I agree completely with OP. She is fun as crap, and for a debuffer(which we don't have many of), she is REALLY good. That synergy tho.. Bring an Ignis with Saryn to an Excavation and I can go for miles.

I put several Formas into my Saryn Prime over the weekend, while also adding Formas to my Ignis, and levelling Pox and Mios (added a Forma to Mios too). What a great combination and an absolute blast to play! Using the Pox to drop Gas clouds that add Toxin DoTs, then popping spores to spread Toxin and Viral damage everywhere is so much fun. And seeing all of those numbers ticking all over the screen is very satisfying. Saryn is definitely a great frame, even if the base frame is a giant pain in the &#! to get. Saryn Prime is probably less trouble to get, in the long run, but definitely worth it.

Just now, Richtor2415 said:

Umm.. What? P4TW is fun? I mean, I guess it could be, but more fun than how she currently is..? Dextral seems to emit cheese from his nips at this point.

As for me, I agree completely with OP. She is fun as crap, and for a debuffer(which we don't have many of), she is REALLY good. That synergy tho.. Bring an Ignis with Saryn to an Excavation and I can go for miles.

no im not saying press 4 to win, im saying that for her power to equal what it was before she needs a support... which to me is no fun as getting an ev just to play a frame to me is pointless. they should be able to support their own energy cost...

But your entitled to your opinion as much as i am mine... thanks

4 minutes ago, Richtor2415 said:

The people who complain about it are generally people who want to put forth as little effort as possible into the game. I've had people literally tell me in game they were going to just sit there and press 4 and watch Netflix. Why you'd even bother logging into the game at that point is beyond me.

I NEVER played Saryn before the rework because she was so boring. Now she's actually fun.

Edited by Ceryk

17 minutes ago, mrbeefy15 said:

I just recently played 3 Survival missions on Titan Saturn as Saryn and it was one of the most enjoyable experiences.

I went over 1000 kills each game, around 20 to 30 minutes a game. I have a pretty Jack of all Trades build with Regenerative Molt augment. First, I place down a clone. Second, I put spores on the clone. Third, cast Toxic Lash and switch to melee. Fourth, let the enemy kill the spores and the clone. Fifth, cast Miasma to clean up with damage amp from toxic and viral or melee any targets with spores on them and cast more clones if my health gets too low. Meleeing targets with spores while Toxic Lash is up restores some energy and Regenerative Molt Restores health. If played safely and correctly, you can survive with a lot of energy and health sustain without a support while outputting a crap ton of damage. High risk, high reward, high skill ceiling and you need some luck on your side. Just my kind of frame.

If you're with a really good team of let's say a Frost, Trinity, and Nekros or something, Saryn alone will be able to output damage and the rest of the team will be able to support and sustain you through the longest of endless missions. Pick Saryn up.

I used melee the most but a shotgun, sonicor or something that can deal with nullifiers, and fast melee weapon will carry you and your team through those missions. Cheers.

who is saryn exactly? never heard of her.

5 minutes ago, Dextral said:

Saryn who? 

But yeah shes good...

I love the fact that you have to use all of her abilities to be effective. There are too many frames that consist of just spamming the same ability over and over again. That's so boring. Oh, and Zenurik for the energy. I run solo and unless I get camped by a few Parasite Eximus', I have no energy issues at all.

Just now, Calvyr said:

I love the fact that you have to use all of her abilities to be effective. There are too many frames that consist of just spamming the same ability over and over again. That's so boring. Oh, and Zenurik for the energy. I run solo and unless I get camped by a few Parasite Eximus', I have no energy issues at all.

I don't even use Zenurik or Energy Siphon and I really don't find myself running into energy issues.

Saryn is incredibly powerful and ain't nobody even know. As far as energy, I barely use any at all. With maxed range, you rarely have to recast Spore... and aside from Molt once in a while, Spore is pretty much all I bother to cast. I've been having a lot of fun lately with Pox, which does a pretty good job of popping spores.

4? What is this "4" you speak of? I only use her 1 and 2, mostly. 4 is okay once in a while, but I rarely see the need.

Edited by motorfirebox

As a Saryn main, this thread makes me happy.  Just finished a defense mission with where I had 1k kills and everyone else had 100. :D  Saryn is extremely fun, loved her before the rework as well but I love her even more now.  Seeing numbers pop up all around me is one of the most rewarding feelings in warframe.  It's like fireworks to me! Hikou prime + concealed explosives + gas + spores, oh babeh pls!

Even if you only use Spores, she's still incredibly powerful.  Guaranteed viral procs mean 50% hp reduction on any mob of any level.  That's insane for a skill 1 - and that's before counting how a single spore cast can be kept up indefinitely with judicious popping.

She's my favorite frame because

I can spread cabbages through the power of rad procs, her primed design might not be the most golden, but it's really slick, and I really like that, her cabbages can be used as a mini enemy radar with damage numbers while softening or destroying a room. Miasma is really handy when you can't blast someone point blank, or can't whip out your melee. Regenerative molt is super nice in general. If you chain it all together, you can really break some windows, but you really don't need to chain her abilities to make a use of them that meet your needs, so you can get a bit more creative, or just use what you need at the time. Debuffs, damage, some durability, and a really slick(arguably expensive, but doesn't matter anyways) getaway. I'm quite happy. 

Edited by MidgetsTossingPractice

I love how she has synergy with her abilities.

Casting Molt then putting Spore on it. Then casting Toxic Lash to melee pop the spores and spread them even more. Once that's out of the way you can finally press 4 for Miasma to deal insane damage.

Or you can always build for Spore + Torid/Pox/Mutalist Cernos or Spore + Ignis/Hikou Prime.

My usual loadout for Saryn is Ignis, Hikou Prime and Orthos Prime. Planning to get Torid again, or Pox just for that build.

46 minutes ago, Dextral said:

no im not saying press 4 to win, im saying that for her power to equal what it was before she needs a support... which to me is no fun as getting an ev just to play a frame to me is pointless. they should be able to support their own energy cost.

Spore is her powerful ability now. People only cast Miasma every once in a while. And this.

14 minutes ago, CadenFall said:

Wait, her toxic lash restores energy? Crap I didn't even know that.

On each Spore pop with Toxic Lash you get 2 energy back.

Since her rework, I play her all the time. 
I mean, I love elemental theme characters, especially poison ones. But the old Saryn was something I wasn't able to enjoy. the old version of Toxic lash and Spores weren't really usefull and Molt wasn't really necessary for the old Saryn players as they were perma-locking rooms with a lot of CC and a bit of damage that didn't escale to well into late game. 
Now, she lost CC, but gained a lot of damage that escales well and utility. Paired with the correct weapons and with intelligence, Saryn can be really fun to play and really powerful in every mission you play. She also can be really versatile and has a lot of builds. 

Edited by (PS4)BrutalReaper32

Have Saryn Prime as a most played frame in my profile now.

Recently tried running a Sobek with Acid Shells, results are hilarious. Viral cuts enemy hp in half and Acid Shells makes them explode for 45% of their max hp (+450flat corrosive, +radial blast from spore, +gas procs). So if Sobek can actually kill a single tough enemy you get a crazy chain reaction of enemies popping like party baloons.

edit: see a lot of dislike for Miasma here, I just mash the 4 whenever my energy is at max - a little cc, decent damage, and all the spores in a radius get a refresh (and free spore radial damage, and more dot).

Also, Molt is a great tool for jamming doors open. Having a clear line of fire into some hall, or deny enemy spawns there is very useful.

Edited by Ivan_Rid