Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

recommend a warframe

(PSN)dmgpkk94

Question

Hey i'm trying to decide what frame i want to aim for getting. i'm more of a stealth type of player. I use swords most of the time. I was originally going to go with ash since i loves ninjas and i liked what i saw of his abilities like the teleport and smoke screen. Someone told me he is only useful for spamming his 4th ability and i'm not the type to just spam one move like that. So what would y'all recommend for a ninja styled frame or can be ash useful without just spamming 4th ability. i know there is loki but im not crazy bout him there are alot of others i would like more. 

16 answers to this question

Forget about what that person said... just because he's good with 1 ability doesn't mean his other abilities are useless... you can go for ash with his other abilities.

you can also go for ivara since her 3rd ability prowl not only makes you go invisible but also loot from enemies without them knowing, but at a cost of reduced movement speed but its not that big of a deal... however good luck farming her in spy missions. her sleep arrow from her 1st ability quiver also opens up stealth finishers and you can ignore them if you want

1 minute ago, RenownedWheat42 said:

Ash can be used for more, he's just typically seen spamming four.

Loki is good, but as you already expressed you don't like him, Ivara is another good option. 

1 minute ago, LongTimeGamer said:

Ash is a really good Warframe, but then again there is also like which can go invisible. Another one I would recommend would be Ivara with her Prowl ability.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to check out Ivara real quick.

I would say Ivara, but she is very hard to get due to RNG. Each part is around 10% chance from a spy vault, and 2 parts have to be at high levels.

Despite stereotypes, Ash CAN in fact be built for things other than bladestorm. However, he's also very hard to get, as his parts drop from Manics, which are very rare. His Primed variant is easier to get than his normal variant because of this.

Stealth isn't really a thing in this game save for Spy vaults. "Stealth" is invisibility, but you still chop up enemies as fast as ever. It's more defensive than anything.

Any Warframe can achieve invisibility, via the Shade Sentinel, a Huras Kubrow, or [Second Dream quest spoiler]. Loki, Ash and Ivara have innate invisibility abilities.

If by "stealth" you mean just being invisible the whole time, then you can use any Warframe with the Naramon focus (don't ask what that is if you haven't done The Second Dream).

If you mean doing Spy missions, then Ivara is the best.

If you want to get your stealth multiplier high for extra XP, then Night Equinox's 2nd ability is the best for that, Ivara also has an identical ability that is executed differently, but it has less base range and takes longer to cast.

I would get them both, especially since its easier to farm for Ivara if you Loki. Ivara and Wukong are really good options too; but the first is a pain to get and it's not suitable for melee and the second you need a Dojo. I would recommend Wukong for your style of play, but I would also suggest to just get them all. 

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

Just now, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

How? Wukong's cloud walker combined with his melee strengths would be a much better fit for him. Also there's 4 frames that go invisible. 

Wukong cannot attack while he is in cloud walker, plus honestly his ult sucks...he isn't a very good stealth frame because he cannot really use the stealth multiplier, which only 3 frames can do, only 2 of which can do it well. Ash's cloak doesn't have enough base duration to really be useful when his other and more useful abilities require power strength and you can say bugger all to duration. Loki and Ivara are really the 'best' stealth frames, if only due to their cloaking abilities, plus while cloaked you get that lovely 4x multiplier. to melee damage.

It seems like you just started Warframe not long ago.
If your definition of "Stealth" is not just narrowed down to invisibility, then I got one frame to recommend to you, Banshee.

Reasons for recommending Banshee are:

• Her passive allow your equipped weapons to be silent.
  • Her Sonar allow weapons to deal more damage especially useful for beginner with weak weapons or lacking mods. Promote accuracy.
  • She is rather fragile and her playstyle force player to try to be as stealthy as possible(without resorting to invisibility) and be good at the game.
  • Ash and Ivara are very hard to farm for. Loki parts require you to unlock Neptune.

Banshee can be obtain rather easily in the Dojo and crafting resources are reasonable. The obstacles for her are accessing Dojo and researching her, which you could find a clan to join.

35 minutes ago, Hixlysss said:

Wukong cannot attack while he is in cloud walker, plus honestly his ult sucks...he isn't a very good stealth frame because he cannot really use the stealth multiplier, which only 3 frames can do, only 2 of which can do it well. Ash's cloak doesn't have enough base duration to really be useful when his other and more useful abilities require power strength and you can say bugger all to duration. Loki and Ivara are really the 'best' stealth frames, if only due to their cloaking abilities, plus while cloaked you get that lovely 4x multiplier. to melee damage.

Stealth means moving around without being noticed, not shoot wile being invisible. In that regard Wukong is the best when it comes to stealth because he can move in all directions, which makes him ideal for spy missions aka stealth missions. Also Primal fury is awesome and it has its own damage multiplier, and given that the OP likes melee base combat I think he will enjoy it a lot more than shooting arrows at a slow pace.   

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

if you want one stealth warframe that doesn't rely on invisibility, Banshee can be your option:

- her passive make almost (since exist buggy ones) all weapons silenced by default

- the ability Sonar shows the enemies near you and amplify damage on marked points

- augmented silencer enable you to use finisher on alerted enemies, if you want

- she is squishy, if you fail to keep hidden

edit: looks like someone posted Banshee before me >_>'

i didn't read entirely before post here...

Edited by Zeyez
like this topic, everything in the world can be changed, it just need the right words... and the left ones too

If you want easy stealth, Ivara and Loki.

If you want challenging stealth, Banshee. I'd recommend her, really, because as far as being a jack of all trades goes, she can excel in almost everything she does. The only drawback is that she's made of paper, but then again, that's one of the fun parts about her. She's powerful but unforgiving to play.

1 hour ago, Clem2-TheClemening said:

I would say Ivara, but she is very hard to get due to RNG. Each part is around 10% chance from a spy vault, and 2 parts have to be at high levels.

Despite stereotypes, Ash CAN in fact be built for things other than bladestorm. However, he's also very hard to get, as his parts drop from Manics, which are very rare. His Primed variant is easier to get than his normal variant because of this.

Stealth isn't really a thing in this game save for Spy vaults. "Stealth" is invisibility, but you still chop up enemies as fast as ever. It's more defensive than anything.

Any Warframe can achieve invisibility, via the Shade Sentinel, a Huras Kubrow, or [Second Dream quest spoiler]. Loki, Ash and Ivara have innate invisibility abilities.

Ash is more like a covert ops guy.  kinda quiet but with the ability to lay down some pain.  This means that he is the worst of the stealth types as far as invisibility duration goes, but he has a fairly good speed, high durability [high shield, high health, ok armor] and a really nice mobility trick [his 3]. I have used that in spy vaults to move to where the guard is to chop them down and avoid a trap.

Bladestorm is a high damaging ultimate - it has a couple downsides.
1. you are locked into the animation and can do literally nothing else.
2. anything you or one of your clones is attacking is impervious to damage
3. default speed is slow.  It's like watching a movie that never ends
4. Some people get nausia watching the screens flip by.

I don;t use it all that much - I tend to focus on durabiity and speed. Rejuvination, Steel Fiber, Vigor, Redirection, Viatality, Fast Deflection, Armored Agility, Agility Drift, Flow and Quick Thinking.

The flow is to provide a bigger pool for the QT.   I also run Guardian and Medi-Ray on muy sentinel [along with Animal Instinct] 

It seems to work ok. I use a bow and a thrown secondary... and when i want uter silence I either remove the weapon from carrier or I use helios and his deconstructor.

YMMV - but Ash is viable for combat orriented stealth.

PS - I would go for the prime variant - it is easier to get.

Edited by Meliq
added PS