Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream Quest & how do I get past this ?

xylocaine09

Question

So last time I played I spent the last 20 minutes trying to get past the Shadow Stalker in the Second Dream quest. No sooner do I get hit with one of those waves & I get hit again. in fact most of the time it doesn't even have enough time to even attempt to shoot!

So I decided to stop playing for some time, now I log back in & that damn stupid mission is still active & I can not only not get past the stalker but until its finished I can't even do ANYTHING else!

So I ask how the hell r we supposed to get past this idiot & get rid of this damn stupid bloody quest/mission?

If this is going to be ongoing then I think I will be saying see ya to Warframe, I am sick to death of trying to get past this crap & I don't know about anyone else but if I am not able to either get past this crap or exit the mission I am not going to bother coming back & will be uninstalling WF this time for good.

Edited by tocorro
Edited the title - try to not violate forum rules ;)

13 answers to this question

since i hate spoilers ill give u this one hint

if its on the moon ask for people to help you

if its the mission that can only be done solo
try left and right click

Edited by Weidro
I guess thats post number 1000 for me

Bring multiple weapons that deal high damage. Then mod each weapon a different damage type. OR if you have an Excalibur bring him and use Exalted Blade. The way Shadow Stalker works is that he has 4 health gates. Once a gate is damaged by a damage type (i.e Cold, Heat, Corrosive, Slash etc) he will have high damage reduction to it. So using Exalted Blade will work great because of it's high damage and equal IPS spread.

If i understand correctly, you're at the part where you have to reach a point but you have the stalker using his exalted blade -ish ability to push you back.

If so, then you have to shoot the waves themselves before they reach you. Once you focus on that, you'll see it's fairly quick and easy to move on.

It's not a big spoiler. You need to synchronize his shooting with yours - so you have to shoot his waves in order to deactivate them. Just go forward and when his waves are closer to you just shoot them.

btw. Edited that title to get rid of forms not welcomed on forums, try to be more calm even if something upsets you.

A few people have pointed some of this out, but ill try to give a clear explanation of what to do.

Im guessing your at the last bit of the mission, when you go to the back of your orbiter.

1) When the stalker fires at you, you shoot his projectiles with your beam.

2) When you get close to the object in the middle the stalker will vanish. Fire your beam at the glowing point on the object.

3) Repeat this 3 times (i think its 3) and you win.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, xylocaine09 said:

-snip-

Quoted because not following thread.

If it's getting you that mad that you're not managing to figure how to beat it, did you try reaching for the old friend YouTube?

Won't add much more because all previous people gave good enough hints.

ok. 
any more insights on this? casual baby tenno, half century man irl. was able to do it twice (out of the required 3). first one was: i didn't even know what happened but i did. second was: more deliberate, but cannot seem to replicate it since. 

can someone give more specifics on the mechanics. i know i have to hit the energy waves, but sometimes i have beams available, but sometimes when i press fire, it's not, so i get pushed back. when i am near the somatic link, i know the shadow stalker vanishes, and i know to just blast it to fill it with my beam energy. i just find the shadow stalker attacks quite confusing as it seems so inconsistent to me. does my energy beam have a charge time before i can re-fire, and up to how much beams can i fire before it recharges? cannot seem to find the pattern needed. 

i've tried tapping fire, holding fire, tapping fire consecutively. i've tried to avoid the waves (that works, to a certain point, where waves will eventually hit), i've tried hitting the waves closer, a little further; and sometimes it dissipates, and sometimes, despite getting a yellow hit on the the wave, it still pushes me back, sometimes further than just being hit by the red wave. i've tried approaching straight on, from the left or right. 

when i paused the game first time i was doing it, it said i was there for more than an hour, though i've gone to YT, discord, reddit, this forum, got food / drinks multiple times. not shortly after, i quit the game, no abort. went back to the game next day (and the next...), and it is still the mission, tried a few minutes again, and quit again. kind of a pain, in more ways than one. 

does the mission just give up on me and allow me to do it pity style; or do i just give up on this and my warframe game ends. lol. (i think the mission for Alad V with the underwater thing, gives you the green waypoints to find the objective if you've not found it after 5 mins)

also, is there anyway to abort that mission, so i can do other stuff? appreciate new insights on this one. cheers!

Edited by Bathala_x
updated info

19 hours ago, Bathala_x said:

does my energy beam have a charge time before i can re-fire, and up to how much beams can i fire before it recharges?

Your "beam energy" recharges when you don't fire for a bit.

Not sure if there's some indicator for it, around the reticule or in the lower right maybe,
been a bit since I last did that Quest, plus things have changed multiple times over the years
(which is one of the reasons why a new topic might've been a better idea, heh).

Anyway, one fully charged "magazine" is enough to get you to the Somatic Link,
just tap the button to get rid of waves as they appear, to conserve energy.