Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Comba and Scrambus QoL change

Etharien

With the recent corpus bust alerts highlighting the more recent additions to the corpus team (combas and scrambus'), i found myself annoyed with only one aspect of them, which is the fact that i couldn't find the enemy when they were nullifying my powers on numerous occasions.

My proposed change: When you press an ability and a comba or scrambus nullifies it, have it either: ping on your minimap with a distinct blip so you know at least in which general direction they are in, OR: highlight the enemy in red, similar to the new sense danger mod.

Does anyone agree/disagree? If so, explain to me why these changes should/shouldn't occur.

This is not meant touch on the topic of whether they are overpowered or not, or about nullifiers either. It's simply to ask others if they'd like to see this change put in.

Edited by Etharien

This is the very reason I hate combas and scrambi way more than nullifiers. Nullies I can see from miles away (usually) and act accordingly while most of the time I'm struggling to spot either of the aforementioned duo.

The argument of: "their helmets are very distinctive and they are bigger than other units" doesn't mean much in most Corpus maps where there is plenty of places for the enemies to hide.

8 minutes ago, Lijka said:

This is the very reason I hate combas and scrambi way more than nullifiers. Nullies I can see from miles away (usually) and act accordingly while most of the time I'm struggling to spot either of the aforementioned duo.

The argument of: "their helmets are very distinctive and they are bigger than other units" doesn't mean much in most Corpus maps where there is plenty of places for the enemies to hide.

If Comba/Scrambus gained a rotating particle aura, like what Equinox has with Mend & Maim, to mark the AoE of their scrambling effect, would that be sufficient visual warning?  I can see where you're coming from about spotting them in a crowd or when they're zipping about between points of heavy cover, but I really don't want the kind of visual pollution that nullifiers can be capable of.

Edited by Arkvold

9 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

If Comba/Scrambus gained a rotating particle aura, like what Equinox has with Mend & Maim, to mark the AoE of their scrambling effect, would that be sufficient visual warning?  I can see where you're coming from about spotting them in a crowd or when they're zipping about between points of heavy cover, but I really don't want the kind of visual pollution that nullifiers can be capable of.

I dont think either solution i proposed would increase visual pollution to the same degree as nullifiers do. In fact, one of my solutions would purely be on your minimap.

I didn't even know finding either of them was a problem. I don't even think I have ran a Corpus mission without either of them standing right in-front of me before or after nullifying whatever ability they just turned off on my Warframe. I'd rather the screen disrupting effect of Magnetic and nullification not lasting as long as it does. It's what makes it hard for me to see any enemy let alone the one who screwed up my field of vision. 

22 minutes ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

I didn't even know finding either of them was a problem. I don't even think I have ran a Corpus mission without either of them standing right in-front of me before or after nullifying whatever ability they just turned off on my Warframe. I'd rather the screen disrupting effect of Magnetic and nullification not lasting as long as it does. It's what makes it hard for me to see any enemy let alone the one who screwed up my field of vision. 

Usually you are right, they are not hard to find because they are all up in your face, but in the Corpus Bust alert - which I am unsure if you guys got that too - they are kinda hard to see. Mainly because the entire map is rather dark and somewhat blend in with all the other units.

Back on topic: I think it would be great if they are being highlighted when you use an ability, and honestly I thought that they were going for that first, when I saw the weird pulse effect going off, whenever you used a blocked ability.

2 minutes ago, Kiyomaru-EN- said:

Usually you are right, they are not hard to find because they are all up in your face, but in the Corpus Bust alert - which I am unsure if you guys got that too - they are kinda hard to see. Mainly because the entire map is rather dark and somewhat blend in with all the other units.

Back on topic: I think it would be great if they are being highlighted when you use an ability, and honestly I thought that they were going for that first, when I saw the weird pulse effect going off, whenever you used a blocked ability.

We got it. I finished it. I killed most of them without having a problem finding them. Any visibility issues I had was because of Magnetic procs, not the units themselves being hidden somewhere on the map. As for your issues you pointed out, that's more map problem than a unit problem.

Edited by (PS4)FunyFlyBoy

2 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Not gonna partake in the discussion which one is better, more balanced or fairer, but I find it funny that the nullifier haters are content with the Comba/Scrambus and the Comba/Scrambus haters are content with nullifiers (no offense intended).

Reasons why I'm content with Comba/Scrambus: they don't have a shield where enemies can huddle under that progressively gets smaller when shot at and they don't spawn insanely like Nullifiers.

2 hours ago, bluepheonix13 said:

Not gonna partake in the discussion which one is better, more balanced or fairer, but I find it funny that the nullifier haters are content with the Comba/Scrambus and the Comba/Scrambus haters are content with nullifiers (no offense intended).

Comba / Scrambus don't block bullets.

4 hours ago, Rolunde said:

Well not as long as you use Punch Through anyhow ;-)

I was pretty sure that Punch Through mods didn't work on the nullifier bubble. Has this changed? Until my bullets actually work to punch through their bubble, I don't think I'll regard Comba / Scrambus as more annoying than the Corpus Bubble Boys.

9 hours ago, Arkvold said:

If Comba/Scrambus gained a rotating particle aura, like what Equinox has with Mend & Maim, to mark the AoE of their scrambling effect, would that be sufficient visual warning?

Sure :) Just some kind of visual cue.

54 minutes ago, DragonSkllzz_of_OG said:

I'd like a small thing similar to chaos sphere's ring denouncing the range of their nullification AoE, it'd make them easier to spot too, just look for the centre of the circle.

I find Chaos Sphere's visual effect very obnoxious and very often blocking your view. I suppose the energy colour matters, though.

8 hours ago, (PS4)FunyFlyBoy said:

I'm glad you don't have that problem, good for you. I do and as you can see, so do others.

However I do agree with you on the magnetic proc's visual effect. They made the first alert a particualrly unpleasant experience, especially that I took a fun frame and weapons rather than something that destroys enemies outright.

10 hours ago, Etharien said:

I dont think either solution i proposed would increase visual pollution to the same degree as nullifiers do. In fact, one of my solutions would purely be on your minimap.

Pollution? Are you blind man? See how easy it is to spot things. Example picture included.

AaEBNah.jpg

11 hours ago, Arkvold said:

This

2 hours ago, Lijka said:

I find Chaos Sphere's visual effect very obnoxious and very often blocking your view. I suppose the energy colour matters, though.

Agreed, I forgot to add that it should be with a less obnoxious colour, and the effect should be more transparent. I don't really like the effect of mend and maim, because sometimes I barely see it, while others it makes me dizzy.

8 hours ago, pikaseechu said:

I was pretty sure that Punch Through mods didn't work on the nullifier bubble. Has this changed? Until my bullets actually work to punch through their bubble, I don't think I'll regard Comba / Scrambus as more annoying than the Corpus Bubble Boys.

No they still don't work against Null-Bubbles.

I meant that re: "Comba / Scrambus don't block bullets" they kind of do in that their bodies will block bullets from hitting things behind them when they get in the way and Punch Through will help take care of that. 
It being so annoying when you've dakka-ed the hel out of your enemy and he still soaks bullets as he goes through his death animation and the mobs behind still have free reign until that's over! ;-)

So really one more reason that C/S are better than Null's is because Null-bubbles block mostly everything where-as if you have Punch Through the C/S mobs don't block anything, so you can go weapons free all over them, heh.

Cheers, ~R~ 

They already have visual ques. When their abilities activates their head pulses. That's how I even find them. Others throw up a field in-front and stay immobile while it is up. If you can't find them with the visual ques they have now, you won't find them with others because the minimap and screen is already highly cluttered as is.