Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amount of Void Traces - how can I max it?

Doc-Orange

Question

Hi.

Of course I try to max my amount of Void traces per mission but I don't really see possibilities.

How is the amount of traces calculated? Is it random? Can I influence it with a special behavior? I see it's displayed in the moment when you collect the 10th Void trace (mission progress menu).

I don't see a big influence of boosters. I actually use a Nekros, a drop chance booster, a resscource booster and a Smeta Kava. These are 4 possibilities to max the loot. Good runs have 30-40 traces but there are runs with 10-12.

What can I do to max it?

17 answers to this question

Your actions have no effect on the Trace count whatsoever, it's simply a random number between X and Y.

Smeeta Kavats can double it if they provide you the 120sec boost at the moment you pick up the 10th one. Other than that, you can't do anything.

This belongs in players helping players sub forum. To address your question, you can get 6-30 traces per run normally. You can double that with a resource booster. You can then double it again with the smeeta charm proc(go look on the wiki for more info), which can bring your max traces per run to 120. At least that's my understanding.

Nekros's Dessecrate and Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm, with the Pilfering Swarm augment, have no effect in the amount of Void Traces you can earn because they are not a drop. The number of Traces is randomly generated once you collect the tenth Reactant and can only be further increased with a Smeeta Kavat's Charm, specifically the doubled pickups and affinity buff, and a Resource Booster, not to be confused with the Resource Chance Drop Booster, which does not work. Of course the Charm ability must be triggered before you pick up the tenth Reactant and can be easily identified by the 120 seconds it gives, the highest timed buff.

Edited by JRMC

2 minutes ago, rapuFFeL said:

Sry about the wrong forum category.

Thanxs for information.

Is there a difference in the different types of Relics? Drop Axi runs more than Lith runs? Is there a difference in the number of players in the missions (1-4)?

No. It's always a random number between 6 and 30 Traces without buffs and boosters. Playing higher level or endless missions with more or fewer players has no effect.

Edited by JRMC

10 minutes ago, JRMC said:

No. It's always a random number between 6 and 30 Traces without buffs and boosters. Playing higher level or endless missions with more or fewer players has no effect.

well to be fair, if its four people with smeeta kavats multiple simultaneous smeeta double pickup procs at the same time sems to be the only explanation for the x>120 with resource booster trace rewards some still get. almost impossible to have happen in practice though.

ditto the last time i got 92 without a resource booster.

theres also the theory about using things like simulor to clump reactants to the exact same spot for the tenth pickup, but i haven't seen that work  *ever* personally.

2 minutes ago, steelblueskies said:

well to be fair, if its four people with smeeta kavats multiple simultaneous smeeta double pickup procs at the same time sems to be the only explanation for the x>120 with resource booster trace rewards some still get. almost impossible to have happen in practice though.

ditto the last time i got 92 without a resource booster.

Does the ability actually stack?

2 hours ago, JRMC said:

Does the ability actually stack?

as noted, it doing so is the only logical explanation remaining. four people three kavats, no resource booster. two people pick mine for +2, end result of 92 trace.

if the base range is only 6-30.. one kat on perfect trace roll is only 30>60+2=62.

and that was just the last time i saw it personally.

i've also noticed the charm icons sometimes not even showing, might be bugs related to different charm buff types going off at the same time. seems to only want to show one type of charm buff at a time even if multiple are ongoing(like red crits and instant reload or overshield on get hit. not sure on precedence order, though it seems like non timered buffs from smeeta charm take precedence in the buff display.

I've gotten 120 being the only person in the squad with a smeeta.

its completely RNG.

The only issue with attempting to max your trace count is standing around waiting for the Charm to Proc. I've noticed that most players think your trolling when you wait to pick up your last Reactant.

also note that the charm Proc is few and far between when you Forma the Smeeta. If he/she is not R30 the Proc just does not seem to co operate with the plan.

I hate to be "that guy" but to be honest the trace amounts are pitiful as they are. I think that the minimum number you can get should at least scale with mastery rank or with the type of relic used (both tier and refinement) because it's painful to go do a radiant AXI and only get 8 traces after all the time spent farming 100+ traces.

But that's just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Karthunk said:

I've gotten 350ish in one mission before. I had my kavat with me and a booster, no idea how I got that many as I have yet to replicate it.

It's all RNG that if true was pure luck.

i Religiously wait for Charm to grab 10th reactant and the numbers are always carried no matter the circumstance.

i have got 6 void trace with Boost activate and charm Proc'd

so far the most I have seen is 120 which I have gotten twice now.

Edited by (XB1)Listed mia 510