Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Armour Sets that help???

Dod-Regnbue

4 hours ago, Dod-Regnbue said:

Not really.
Armour sets are readily available. If you wanted to (if this was in place) You could give yourself an Armour Stat buff right now. Rather than wait weeks for an Alert. The Armour sets are constantly available and everyone in game pretty much has a set. I have about 7. I am sure you have one.

I do not however, have an Arcane Helmet. Never have.

Um no lol. I have no armor sets, I think all armors look ugly and I want to keep them away from my warframes. There, your argument just crumbled. This idea is terrible and people have already explained why. It's pay to win for starters and secondly my god that means my vaklyr would have to wear some ugly armor cosmetic. Just no please, I like her sleek design and immortal skin. No armors with stats.

7 hours ago, (PS4)DesecratedFlame said:

The concept I am talking about is "cosmetics give stats." 

The best you can hope for is that they become valid equip points for arcane enhancements like syandanas and helmets. 

Considering how much some syandana's ruin the look of some frames, that's a pretty good idea, are you thinking making them all available, meaning you can have 5-7 total arcanes on at once or exclusive to 2-3?

Don't think it'll happen. It would give a pay to win vibe.

Also, if it adds a flat increase to stats, it would be pretty much irrelevant, since it would only raise the armor values of every frame in the game, which would probably result in rebalancing every enemy to take into account the increase in armor... So why add stat bonuses when you're going to render them useless by rebalancing everything afterwards ?

As for allowing arcanes to be slotted in all armor slots.. No... Too many strong arcanes already, imagine being able to wear seven at a time... Totally imbalanced... Besides, it's already tedious/expensive enough to get them... And it's not like the raids are really "fun" nowadays.

I guess DE could create a new set of slottable armor upgrades you could equip on your armor slots (Minus head and syndana) and that could be gotten from the Sorties or something...Giving a small bonus on stats or something... That could work, I guess... Especially if it's small bonuses like +15 Health , +5 Armor, +10 Energy.

19 hours ago, Grey_the_Ninelives said:

For reasons aforementioned, instead of arcanes and armor boosts, how about being able to equip or somehow imbue the armor pieces with elemental resistance mods (I.e.: Flame Repellent, Warm Coat, Antitoxin, Insulation). These are mods I've honestly never seen anyone use, aside from using them to level up others. 

This too is a good idea. Thank you for your constructive feedback.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Don't think it'll happen. It would give a pay to win vibe.

Also, if it adds a flat increase to stats, it would be pretty much irrelevant, since it would only raise the armor values of every frame in the game, which would probably result in rebalancing every enemy to take into account the increase in armor... So why add stat bonuses when you're going to render them useless by rebalancing everything afterwards ?

As for allowing arcanes to be slotted in all armor slots.. No... Too many strong arcanes already, imagine being able to wear seven at a time... Totally imbalanced... Besides, it's already tedious/expensive enough to get them... And it's not like the raids are really "fun" nowadays.

I guess DE could create a new set of slottable armor upgrades you could equip on your armor slots (Minus head and syndana) and that could be gotten from the Sorties or something...Giving a small bonus on stats or something... That could work, I guess... Especially if it's small bonuses like +15 Health , +5 Armor, +10 Energy.

That is actually something I did not think about. I suppose in the long run, you are right. Thanks for enlightening me.