Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie mission 3 Unplayable

ForgemasterHD

Sortie mission 3 is unplayable as it is. My group experienced various issues with the sortie which made it impossible to actually fight Raptor in any reasonable capacity.

We tried various configurations, from Radial Loki with CC and defense to Mesa-Limbo mob-clear. The problem is the amount of things in this fight is simply way too much for most comps and teams. 

Raptor's AOE is massive, almost instantaneous, and poorly telegraphed. Rarely could one find the time and space to notice the mortar traces and effectively move or do anything to counter what was coming. Most players I did this with today, were utterly unable to effectively avoid the AOE, and it led to incredibly frustrating situations where the teams were just running around and not fighting anything for fear of getting one-hit by the AOE. The AOE does an unforgiving amount of damage as well: One bomb, often left near where the core dropped, was enough to instantly kill every warframe that tried it. Furthermore, the core's timer itself was too short. It took 15 seconds for the Raptor to reappear, and only  10 for the core to explode. 

The other issue is mod density. At any given time, there was over 100 mobs on screen. Many of these were Nullifiers and sapping ospreys, which further crowded and obscured the Raptors AOE, broke any combos or team comps, also quickly killed those lucky enough to have run from the Raptor's mortars. The Bursa influx was enough to, on it's own, be a secondary boss battle.

Overall we were unable to do anything in the battle. Even when everything went right, we could never get past the first stage of the raptor due to the core prematurely exploding. 

Blessing Trin....Didn't always keep people from dying.  Was really messy at first until we got the hang of it.  After that it was easy-peasy.  Burst raptor down, chuck bomb down hole.  He spawns, burst him down again, repeat.  And then do it a 3rd time.

So far the best combo i've heard about for doing this is limbo/mesa. Although I think a limbo/titania would do just as well.  Complete invulnerability augmented by sheer killing power.

I don't even remember with what team did I run it with (it was pug), I was Valkyr, I mostly jumped all around the place while shooting the raptors with Sancti Tigris. I was barely hit. I found it way easier than the old raptor, that was truly the pinnacle of clusterfak lol.

On 05/09/2016 at 9:26 AM, DeMeritus said:

Yeah, you can't really rely on beating this boss reliably using conventional means.

The boss REQUIRES you to cheese it and use meta to take it out in sorties.  It's what the devs intended with this boss and how it scales.

The Sorties have ended up being the old Tactical Alerts of old in many cases. They come down to an ability puzzle half the time.

On 5.9.2016 at 1:07 AM, ForgemasterHD said:

Sortie mission 3 is unplayable as it is. My group experienced various issues with the sortie which made it impossible to actually fight Raptor in any reasonable capacity.

I am with you on this one. I put a similar thread in the players helping players section. I got the same (0 love) answers you got saying it is totally easy to do the raptor fight. Those comments still make me suspicious because sortie 3 assassinations are not easy. I ran that thing 5 times with pug squads with different frames that are supposed to be "easy". I failed every one of them. 

While each answer on my thread was helpful to certain aspects of the boss fight I found no approach for the 15 others things to be taken care of. Shooting down the raptor with a decent weapon did not solve the issue of the floor being scattered with blue osprey bombs. Not activating the alarms is also one of those advices that was almost impossible to do because the area around those alarm-deactivation stations was crawling with one-shot enemies. I was also knocked back multiple times while carrying that power cell to their drop location... 

It is very rare that I fail a mission but it is okay if I lack the skill or the right team. Thats why I am still waiting for a youtube video showing the "ez" way to do this mission. 

Edited by k05h