Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new archwing...

(PSN)CommanderC2121

IMO Archwing is in a really good spot right now. I loved it before, and now it's even better. The new flight model is amazing, and now Archwing feels really good. I feel bad for those who are genuinely getting motion sick from it. I hope they continue to add to it. I would like to be able to roll on my own accord, not have the game roll me on it's own. Aside from that, Archwing is looking good. I'd love to see a space battle game mode (Anyone who's played Star Wars: Battlefront 2) will know what I'm talking about. Instead of rebels vs. empire, think Corpus vs. Grineer. Would work like crossfire - tenno pick a side, and sabotage/shoot the other ship all the while fighting in space and inside the ships on foot (seamless transition to and from Archwing modes!)

Also, Archwing needs a legit pew pew laser.

It is nice and bad at the same time, only for the fact that it would turn itself from time to time, which is quite annoying. I do like the idea of being able to turn in any direction though. The only problem though, with that, is that I have to adapt to it, which I have not yet, because it's not really fun for me, so I avoid archwing. Also to me the enemies are boring, compared to fighting them on the ground.

I was lost in all the directions on archwing alert one time, I had no idea where I was going, confused at where I was going because it would tilt sideways, whereas, I tried following the map, but it was still wrong. Teammates had to wait 60 seconds for me, stuck at the same place........... I know, I was horrible....

20 hours ago, Inarticulate said:

That's not going to happen anytime in the near future because of the sheer amount of work necessary to get that done. There are currently 30 unique Warframes and 4 unique Archwings, which would result in 120 different interactions between Warframes and Archwings. Every new Warframe created would need to be given 4 Archwing interactions. Every new Archwing created would need to be given 30 Warframe interactions, and Archwing doesn't need another hindrance to getting new content implemented.

While you are right, and I not suspect to see it any time soon, I was just just saying, that that would be basically the only thing to get me interested in archwing...

And a bit of hyperbole there, as far as I'm aware Prime Frames do not have any special abilities compared to their regular version... So, normal and Prime would be the same.

17 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Just try that one corpus mission on Pluto (if it was actually Pluto, that is) where you have to hunt down multiple ships with a time limit.

ALL. THESE. FREAKING. WALLS! You literally CAN'T rush through there because of the damn walls. You crash into everything. And don't get me started on the ice-mines.

2 words: 

get gud 

bumping into walls isn't the game's problem, it's the player, once you get the hang of it, and know when to break, move, sprint and afterburn, it gets rather easy. Also the ability to shoot while sprinting really helped clear the mines, which wasn't there before the rework, so be thankful. It's very easy to know where they spawn and avoid them, plus they aren't tanky 

personally I always end with 30/60 sec still on the timer. Imo, AW movement is art, not just pressing shift and moving around 

4 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

And a bit of hyperbole there, as far as I'm aware Prime Frames do not have any special abilities compared to their regular version... So, normal and Prime would be the same.

30 unique Warframes and 4 unique Archwings does not include Prime Warframes and Archwings.

21 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Just try that one corpus mission on Pluto (if it was actually Pluto, that is) where you have to hunt down multiple ships with a time limit.

ALL. THESE. FREAKING. WALLS! You literally CAN'T rush through there because of the damn walls. You crash into everything. And don't get me started on the ice-mines.

I did that mission with zero-friction Nezha (well near zero). Even with the lack of friction making it hard to control, I can still consistently beat the mission with plenty of time to spare (all 3 transports destroyed).

Really, once you get used to the new movement system, the hard missions become easy.