Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe: Mag's Magnetize Severely Bugged

(PSN)LoisGordils

I posted it in a bug report, but I felt I should post it here as well so it garners more attention. Long story short, Magnetize's explosion has little to no range. Here is the official report: 

Video I took (notice how the Grineer on the bottom right takes no damage): 

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

Don't all bullets stay within the Magnetize bubble? So someone on the outside wouldn't be getting hit, he'd need to be on the inside.

I don't know whether or not the range on it got a ninja nerf of any sort, but I've not noticed this problem on my Mag. I have very low duration, but even then my Magnetize is doing its job.

13 minutes ago, RenownedWheat42 said:

Don't all bullets stay within the Magnetize bubble? So someone on the outside wouldn't be getting hit, he'd need to be on the inside.

I don't know whether or not the range on it got a ninja nerf of any sort, but I've not noticed this problem on my Mag. I have very low duration, but even then my Magnetize is doing its job.

If the enemy you casted Magnetize on dies before the ability expires, the field destabilizes and the damage absorbed by the bubble is released in a base fifteen meter explosion of Blast damage. I have maximum range, it sits around thirty something meters. The explosion's range is bugged and does not hit the Grineer that is very close to it :/

the Explosion from Magnetize is constrained by Line of Sight.
it is also affected by Power Range.

when using Mag myself, the Explosion on Magnetize clears sizable rooms for me - i've not seen your issue. and i have much lower Power Range than you do(since you say you have maximum).

Edited by taiiat

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

It is not restrained by line of sight, at least I haven't noticed that. It, however, can't hit enemies behind walls. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Magnetize

He meant line of sight between the center of the bubble and the target, which means that enemies behind walls (but also sometimes behind other enemies or obstacles like waist-high railings) may not be struck by the explosion.  That enemy was behind cover and  such was unaffected by the explosion.  You may not agree with how it works, but that aspect of the power does behave in a consistent manner.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

19 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

He meant line of sight between the center of the bubble and the target, which means that enemies behind walls (but also sometimes behind other enemies or obstacles like waist-high railings) may not be struck by the explosion.  That enemy was behind cover and  such was unaffected by the explosion.  You may not agree with how it works, but that aspect of the power does behave in a consistent manner.  

Yes, the enemy was behind cover. The bubble, however, was not in front of him. It was to his side, slightly behind him. So he should have been hit

13 minutes ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Yes, the enemy was behind cover. The bubble, however, was not in front of him. It was to his side, slightly behind him. So he should have been hit

Oh,  I had a perspective fail there.  The bubble is actually what is behind cover, there; notice the railing in between it and the Grineer dude.