Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Giftable idea: The Starter Pack

EternalOdyessy

I've been bringing some of my pals into Warframe, and I'd love to give them a sort of "starter pack" to toss their way, like..2 orokin weapon reactors, a orokin warframe reactor, a weapon, and a frame.

Or something along that line. I'd love to gift a gift that says "welcome to Warframe"

Or even to toss some spare plat I have at a newbie I come across.

Edited by EternalOdyessy

2 minutes ago, xZetsumeix said:

Could help a bunch. 

I think a 3 day credit booster, 3 day affinity booster, reactor, catalyst, and a few warframe/weapon slots could do it. Maybe even some pre-built specters to help them along when they're playing solo? Could be cool. 

I do like the idea of that. But the specters are a little...well if they never made a specter before, what would the default be? What would the default specter end up being?

1 minute ago, HydroFreeze1998 said:

I do like the idea of that. But the specters are a little...well if they never made a specter before, what would the default be? What would the default specter end up being?

Just now, EternalOdyessy said:

Perhaps of the Gifter's specter?

I was thinking something alone the lines of an Excalibur specter that uses the Dex weapon set, maybe? 

The gifter's specter would also work!

2 minutes ago, xZetsumeix said:

I was thinking something alone the lines of an Excalibur specter that uses the Dex weapon set, maybe? 

The gifter's specter would also work!

"When you're out there, alone, summon this specter, and "I" shall help you."

A wonderful gift!

Edited by EternalOdyessy

Just now, NecromancerX69 said:

There are already starter packs on Steam tough, that's how I started.

Disregarding those. Those are simply item packs. You can ONLY get them through paying for them. 

I'd like to use Plat to buy as a Gift for another Tenno. Something you can't buy for yourself.

1 minute ago, EternalOdyessy said:

Disregarding those. Those are simply item packs. You can ONLY get them through paying for them. 

I'd like to use Plat to buy as a Gift for another Tenno. Something you can't buy for yourself.

Disregard Plat and you can give them as gifts 2 from steam. :V

But, yeah, I get your point.

With MR restricted weapons, I don't see the harm in letting MR 1 and 2 players trade, or letting trades be "gifts". Then you could essentially do the same thing, if you made most things in your inventory (unused, of course) have tradable. As your MR goes up, the number of "gifts" you can receive through trading per day goes down, inversely to trades. Gifts wouldn't cost the recipient a credit tax, but the "gifter" instead.