Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bazaar Trading has become Bizarre

(PSN)fullblast35

I just got out of a bazaar session and I couldn't keep myself to share this point of view.  I'm starting to think that there has to be a way for high ranked player to identify the low ranked ones in order to decide at their own pace if they would want to trade with them or not, or something similar to the idea.  I have not participated in any unpleasant conversations with anyone but I have noticed certain behaviours which have nothing to do with the actual fact of trading.  Most of us are really looking for good deals and definitely platinum, but nothing below that concept.  I have seen people beg for platinum and experienced poor trading where the person in question becomes rude just because their items are not worth my time.  I know this is just a game, but some of us are actually adults who want to have fun and want to hustle our way out without having to be frustrated by other gamers who do not keep their bad habits in their rooms.  I would want to suggest just one detail.  Why not display usernames in the bazaar or trading section in chat with player's MR?  There was a time in previous versions of this game where someone would not address a high ranked player if he or she didn't have substantial proposals or platinum.  Now people curse out and get kicked out because of attitude.  I'm sure some of you can relate a little, I'm MR 16 reaching by the way.

First, you are playing on console. If you want a mature community, dont do that.  NA-west and EU regions tend to have the (vastly) more mature and intelligent people on PC, if you are able to change regions on console, try that.

There was a time in previous versions of this game where someone would not address a high ranked player if he or she didn't have substantial proposals or platinum.

Must be a console-specific thing, or just imaginary. It reeks of elitism. New players have things worth trading just as frequently as anyone else. That said, where i come from, a lot of mr10-14s are considered new.

The bazaar as a whole is a joke, just use warframe.market or trade chat, it is vastly more time-efficient.

1 minute ago, FlyingLlama said:

First, you are playing on console. If you want a mature community, dont do that.  NA-west and EU regions tend to have the (vastly) more mature and intelligent people on PC, if you are able to change regions on console, try that.

WOW, I haven't seen a PC-Elitist in a while. I thought you were all extinct by now, but I guess "nature always finds a way". 

59 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

You say no, and yet the devs don't completely rule it out. I'm glad you're sharing the inside scoop. 

The devs should rule it out, it's an awful idea that basically promotes never buying platinum from the official site again.

Let me put it like this. What'll happen is a "company" will spend like, 500 dollars on platinum. They will then place in a bot that buys up items once they hit a certain threshold, and then resell them on the auction house at a high price. This goes on for a month or two, and now they have accounts that have huge stockpiles of platinum. They then start selling that platinum at crazy discounted prices for real money. DE is a tiny company comparatively speaking and even titans of the industry like Blizzard haven't found a way to stamp out the botting problem.

It could very easily be suicide for this game.

9 minutes ago, RenownedWheat42 said:

I don't think I get what you're talking about.

You ask for MR to be displayed but you address it's a concern causing people not to interact with one another, or to behave poorly?

I guess it's based on my experience with this game.  But don't get me wrong, I've met new players who are understanding and actually see other high ranked as inspiration to become better and stronger.  My point is even though I'm MR 16  I show a certain respect to the next rank above me naturally.  and when it comes to the lower ranked ones I just put myself in their shoes, reminder of how hard it was to start, so I help.  But I'm not saying the bazaar is a bad idea.  I'm just saying if the MR was displayed certain Players would have a different approach and not be so random and deliberated, and eventually we would know when to  spend time in the bazaar and switch for one to the other just to find a crowd we feel fits, just by looking.

in crime craft.... u have one character who can craft elite augments who are best of best u can find....  in auction house that pleasure will cost u 1.00.000credits what is like 10mil in warframe....and u have ppl who grind for dayes and craft 20x that augment and put it in auction house for 500.000credits with that move he screw entire community....that would happen same in warfame... we need improvments in trade not that kind of stuff

There's many games out there that have markets and anti-bot measures that are working just fine. This isn't anything new, and if DE was going to do it, they wouldn't have to look far to make it work. All this bot talk is nothing but fear-fueled fire from the PC community that is afraid of plummeting prices due to competition. 

58 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

There's many games out there that have markets and anti-bot measures that are working just fine. This isn't anything new, and if DE was going to do it, they wouldn't have to look far to make it work. All this bot talk is nothing but fear-fueled fire from the PC community that is afraid of plummeting prices due to competition. 

And all this auction house talk is nothing but a bunch of cheap people who don't want to put the time and work in to get the virtual items they want.

Secondly, name a game with anti-bot measures.

4 minutes ago, ashrah said:

in crime craft.... u have one character who can craft elite augments who are best of best u can find....  in auction house that pleasure will cost u 1.00.000credits what is like 10mil in warframe....and u have ppl who grind for dayes and craft 20x that augment and put it in auction house for 500.000credits with that move he screw entire community....that would happen same in warfame... we need improvments in trade not that kind of stuff

I don't what you're talking about with this crime craft, but items are only worth what people are willing to buy. Its not the system's fault if the community is dumb enough to buy something that is overpriced. 

19 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

No, that will never be added and the reasons why have been stated many many times.

Auction house is definitely "too meta", but trade chat in its current form is just awful.
All trading needs is to just replace chat with a noticeboard, only to reduce spam and make finding matches for your trade easier.
Those messages once posted would stay up on the list for as long as you're online or maybe even require you to  have the noticeboard open.

And if you're worried about "botting", well people are spamming message macros in the chat already, so nothing would really change.

56 minutes ago, Shifted said:

Auction house is definitely "too meta", but trade chat in its current form is just awful.
All trading needs is to just replace chat with a noticeboard, only to reduce spam and make finding matches for your trade easier.
Those messages once posted would stay up on the list for as long as you're online or maybe even require you to  have the noticeboard open.

And if you're worried about "botting", well people are spamming message macros in the chat already, so nothing would really change.

It absolutely would change. Message macros are different, you still have to respond to people who reply. It's a wholly personal experience and it needs to stay that way. Though I like your idea, where you get notified if someone is interested in what you're selling. That's essentially what Warframe.Market is, only officialized in the game.

Just now, JSharpie said:

It absolutely would change. Message macros are different, you still have to respond to people who reply. It's a wholly personal experience and it needs to stay that way. Though I like your idea, where you get notified if someone is interested in what you're selling. That's essentially what Warframe.Market is, only officialized in the game.

And with my idea you would also have to reply to potential buyers / sellers.
Nothing would be automated.
All I want is for the constant flow of messages to be gone.
That is just awful to try to read through.

2 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

And all this auction house talk is nothing but a bunch of cheap people who don't want to put the time and work in to get the virtual items they want.

Secondly, name a game with anti-bot measures.

WoW has been dealing with boters of all sorts for a long time, and have gotten a lot of things straighten out with the use of the ban-hammer. 

6 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

How is it different if you can't even get your message across that you're trying to sell something?! Both in the current state and in you're worst case scenario of markets its hard to sell anything, so its obvious something has to change. I like @Shifted suggestion. One thing is certain the Devs have never said never on any suggestion, so how can you be so certain?

Edited by (PS4)Regiampiero

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

WoW has been dealing with boters of all sorts for a long time, and have gotten a lot of things straighten out with the use of the ban-hammer. 

Off topic: Ban-hammers required a person(s) to hold the hammer in the first place. At this point, I don't want DE to spread any thinner (personnel-wise) and pour all their assets into improving Warframe (content-wise) itself.

Non-round-about: More people working on contents and not be distracted or re-distributed to work on side items. 

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Regiampiero said:

multi billion dollar cheat industry alone. do your research son.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)A_SimpleName said:

Off topic: Ban-hammers required a person(s) to hold the hammer in the first place. At this point, I don't want DE to spread any thinner (personnel-wise) and pour all their assets into improving Warframe (content-wise) itself.

Non-round-about: More people working on contents and not be distracted or re-distributed to work on side items. 

Yes and No. Yes you would need a person to physically pull the trigger, but activity monitoring is all done by computers. The list of cheaters is essentially created by similar software that bots are made out of. 

Regardless, I just want something better than the current system.