Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any melees that come close to Jat Kittag for crowd control?

ToolboxMotley

Question

Jat Kittag's slam attack has an enormous AoE that hurls enemies away from the point of impact. Do any other melee weapons have such expansive and effective methods of clearing durable enemies from an area?

Reason I'm looking around is mainly because, awesome as Jat Kittag looks, it seems rather out of place with my scrawny little Limbo. :P That, and I've been using it for years now. Wondering what other melees have such interesting features.

I looked at Kestrel due to its ragdolling, but as far as I can tell, the explosion you get out of Power Throw doesn't inherit the knockdown function. :(

Edited by ToolboxMotley

8 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, ToolboxMotley said:

Jat Kittag's slam attack has an enormous AoE that hurls enemies away from the point of impact. Do any other melee weapons have such expansive and effective methods of clearing durable enemies from an area?

Reason I'm looking around is mainly because, awesome as Jat Kittag looks, it seems rather out of place with my scrawny little Limbo. :P That, and I've been using it for years now. Wondering what other melees have such interesting features.

I looked at Kestrel due to its ragdolling, but as far as I can tell, the explosion you get out of Power Throw doesn't inherit the knockdown function. :(

5 minutes ago, (XB1)chillichillman said:

Galatine's good, slam is not as big, but the basic attacks and the spin can both really keep the crowds down, especially when paired with tempo royale.

^ that's his answer

for an aoe slam type... the closest is the sibear... however you need to farm 30k cryotic... yea you need to play a lot of excavation if you want to build... you can also add primed reach (if you have it) for more aoe slam range

17 minutes ago, ToolboxMotley said:

Reason I'm looking around is mainly because, awesome as Jat Kittag looks, it seems rather out of place with my scrawny little Limbo.

I stopped using other melee for serious missions after the jat kittag augment.  It just literally makes everything explode.  Use it with finisher frames and it does far more damage than you can dream, and it scales.  No weapon can come close to that, AND the CC you mentioned makes it an absolute ridiculous weapon to use.

Well, that said I also use Lesion, not for crowd control, I honestly have never used a melee for crowd control, but for its innate toxin procs.