Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acid shells works on sonar?

SoulEaterReaper

Question

14 answers to this question

Just now, SoulEaterReaper said:

do you need a lesson in what acid shells is? cause it sounds like it.

you need to stop looking down on others, you did it in those carrier threads too. just copy/pasting the title doesn't give much info on what you actually want

I don't need a lesson on acid shells, I know what it does, but you sir need a lesson on giving little respect for your fellow Tenno >.> 

18 minutes ago, SoulEaterReaper said:

Acid shells works on sonar?

12 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

I don't need a lesson on acid shells, I know what it does, but you sir need a lesson on giving little respect for your fellow Tenno >.> 

Not to mention english. I had no idea what he was asking, either.

I don't know the answer, but I'm sure you could test it easily, op.

1 minute ago, ScorpioneITA said:

I recall acid shells hp % dmg being applied first/separately. Therefore not allowing extreme scaling(1shotting whole room)

It seems to scale negatively, but that's a good question about the weak spots. I'm guessing no, since they nerfed the auto-headsot thing.

18 minutes ago, Kenshin98 said:

you need to stop looking down on others, you did it in those carrier threads too. just copy/pasting the title doesn't give much info on what you actually want

Ah great :D I was about to lecture him too, but as allways our Warframe community already lectures those with bad manners :D

1 minute ago, Lord_Azrael said:

It seems to scale negatively, but that's a good question about the weak spots. I'm guessing no, since they nerfed the auto-headsot thing.

Sorry I meant last not first. So the formula would look [shells damage + skills + mods +etc etc]*acid shells. So you're not looking at much boost from weak spot as the %acid shells effect isn't boostable in anyway currently available( it would have to be an external effect such as a companion that would boost create a similar effect to the mod. ) 

16 minutes ago, ScorpioneITA said:

So the formula would look [shells damage + skills + mods +etc etc]*acid shells.

I have no idea what you're referring to. Acid Shells does an aoe that is a percentage of the target's max health, plus a flat amount. It doesn't take mods, skills, or damage into account at all.

There's no special relation with Acid Shells. It just functions like any other AoE in terms of Sonar multipliers.

The outgoing damage caused by Acid Shells is not changed if you hit a Sonar spot but the incoming damage from the AoE to a target afflicted by Sonar would be multiplied if the AoE strikes a soft spot.