Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Transfer pc data to PS4

1NotOnly

Question

9 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Godzilla853 said:

If a account transfer happens De wants to do another one but its up to Sony and Microsoft and once you switch you can't go back.

Actually thats not true. Its just a copy. I copied my PC to Xbox, but i only play on PC anyhow. Still got a fairly advanced Xbox version.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Deception_Pharo said:

You can't simply "copy" over the data, he was referring to account transfer.  

Actually, what DE offered on both platforms was essentially a copy from a tenno's PC account to console.  While transfer or migration is a bit of a misnomer, it was the term used.  You can read about the original PC -> PS4 transfer here.

2 hours ago, 1NotOnly said:

Hey guys, I would really like to somehow log onto my pc account on my ps4. I put so much effort and also spent tons of money on my pc account. So is there any way i can log onto this account on ps4? Thank you so much

PC to console transfer is a thing, but it can only happen at certain times. Essentially, the builds on all three platforms have to be the same when the transfer happens in order to ensure that no glitching occurs. Because all updates that go to console have to wait and go through Certification, a process that can take weeks, console is almost always behind PC in terms of getting updates. This makes getting the builds aligned a giant hurdle that takes a lot of work for DE to accomplish. So, the times when account migration can happen are small and rare. That said, it is possible and DE has said they'd like to do another one at some point in the future. I wouldn't count on it coming any time soon, not with The War Within already being delayed far longer than DE has wanted, but another opportunity to port should come along.

The only porting that is impossible to do is Console to PC. It's not impossible due to hurdles in build alignment, but because of agreements DE signed with Sony and Microsoft when Warframe came to Console. Until and unless those two companies give DE permission to allow console to PC ports, they can't happen.