Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Impact sounds feel very underwhelming now

AdunSaveMe

Hit someone with a slide attack, and all you get is a bit of a 'tink' noise, and they fall over. Actual slashing noises when you cut people up are good, but impact noises from weapons are not. Even big weapons like the galatine make the same noise, and hammers make a dull thump as opposed to a massive satisfying thwack.

Not every noise needs to be over the top, but I think there's some room to improve with all the other sounds being redone. Sound design is one of the most important things around, it can completely change the feel of the entire game.

IMO  --ALL-- weapon sounds in this game are weak ,underwhelming and unsatisfying. I yet have to see a gun that has satisfying 'umph' to it when fired. Most weapons look like toys (or home appliances) and sound like toys.

Warframe is not Battlefield that's for sure.

13 hours ago, LAGpWND said:

IMO  --ALL-- weapon sounds in this game are weak ,underwhelming and unsatisfying. I yet have to see a gun that has satisfying 'umph' to it when fired. Most weapons look like toys (or home appliances) and sound like toys.

Warframe is not Battlefield that's for sure.

Eh, Dera sounds like a laser rifle, so I'm satisfied with Dera's sound. And Daikyu has a nice sound when drawn and fired.

Somewhat agreed: I also think Slash sound is very underwhelming. It simply doesnt seem like you landed a hit 9/10 times. Galantine in particular always bothered me: It almost seems imaterial, with the metal "swoosh" every swing has easily being louder than the hit sound.

In the end, I think hammers end up being the least bad, because you actually feel you've hit something.

Edited by tnccs215