Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Alert Blue Prints Need Atleast 12 Hrs Before Ending

bryanfury_vas_Qwib_Qwib

I've been reading the posts and some people are right. I am whining about this and it is true. If you want it, just buy it. I will not admit that I am wrong about this being a bad game design, but I do admit that I did get cry baby about it and made a pointless thread because of it, in which I do apologize.

Edited by bryanfury_vas_Qwib_Qwib

you have a life aka job the buy it if you so badly want it

So if I want anything I should just buy it? What's the point of farming for materials and blueprints then or any of this if your decision for anything is just buy it? I like how everyone on these forums solution to these issues is just throw money at it and it will go away. Again, what's even the point of farming or this game in general if your solution to everything is just "buy it". 

I have a Real Life too(I'm a student) but why do you want Vauban? In my Opinion he's the most ugly frame and not better than Rhino or Ash. Besides, Rhino and Ash parts are easier to get.

Its simply the principle behind it being that it's either be lucky and get the parts or pay for it to get it now, which is a petty cash grab. Now before anyone starts saying "they have to make money some how blah blah, sob story, blah blah". I have payed for platinum, just not the founders. I use platinum for slots and aesthetics.  This you can't get through farming or certain methods. This you just have to be pure lucky or not get it.

are you kidding me?

if DE would give us all 2000 start platinum some guys will still complain about it -.-

so....

you have a life aka job then buy it if you so badly want it

...this!

edit: btw. you will be able to get your hands on these blueprints.... someday! ^^

Edited by Unschlagbar

I think it's already more than enough that they have two means of telling you what the "?" rewards are. Sure, it's frustrating to miss alerts for things that you are looking for, but at least when you're in the right place at the right time, you're GUARANTEED to get what you want, rather than relying on the capricious and vindictive Random Number Gods.

That being said, I'd like to see some sort of system for a minimum cooldown of say, 12 hours on Alert exclusive rewards that pop up, and a slight increase in the frequency of "?" Alerts. This should serve as a decent pseudo-chance adjustment for the RNG system so that we don't see three Sniper Scavengers pop up in quick succession. Keeps the RNG system, eliminates all the unneeded frustration.

are you kidding me?

if DE would give us all 2000 start platinum some guys will still complain about it -.-

so....

...this!

edit: btw. you will be able to get your hands on these blueprints.... someday! ^^

What is wrong with you people. Again, I don't think everything should be free but everything should have an equal chance to get, not just by luck. It's like dangling a carrot in front of you and pulling it away whenever you get close to the point where you just spend money to get it. Just because I don't have that stupid founder thing by my name doesn't mean I haven't spent money on platinum. Again, your people solution to everything is just "throw money at it and it will go away".

no, the solution is: if u cant be patient, so u can buy it!

i cant understand u guys, who wanna have EVERYTHING and this IMMEDIATLY -.-

and after u got EVERYTHING (no matter if bought or farmed) u complain about content... o.0

I understand that the purpose of paying for things in FTP games is that if you don't have the patience to get something, then buy it if you want it now. But this isn't about patience, this is about pure luck and that's it. This isn't something you can just play the game for awhile, grind and finally get it. Someone could get it within days while another might have to wait weeks before they can get it or even longer. This is just poor design and that's it. Simple.

I'm sorry but I have a life (AKA a job)

Great! How about supporting the game then and buying Vauban for plat if you really want it instead of making ANOTHER whining thread about that matter? I mean... every time a Vauban Part Alert pops up you see different NEW whining threads 5 minutes after it finished, complaining about how unfair und not long enough and always at night time and blabla.

It's "Wait or Buy" and not "Whine or Buy". Live with it.

I never said the alerts aren't bad design. In fact, they are bad design. But you just don't seem to understand how the F2P system works. Luck and patience. And if you're not willing to either wait or just buy Vauban, then this isn't really your type of game.

I just said that I apologize for mindlessly complaining about this. I do understand how F2P works, but everything should have an equal chance to get, not just by pure luck alone. I know that luck plays a certain part in acquiring items, but it shouldn't fill the whole role being that someone could get Vauban within days, while another is still waiting weeks or months before they even have the chance to acquire it. Does that sound fair? That someone can't get an item simply because they're unlucky.

I'm fairly certain pretty much everything in the game falls under the category "You can't get it if you're unlucky enough."  The only guaranteed items are credits, items that can be bought with credits, and your starter stuff.

Vauban isn't fundamentally different in this regard - it's a question purely of magnitude. 

I'm fairly certain pretty much everything in the game falls under the category "You can't get it if you're unlucky enough."  The only guaranteed items are credits, items that can be bought with credits, and your starter stuff.

Vauban isn't fundamentally different in this regard - it's a question purely of magnitude. 

Technically that is true, and technically a baseball game can last forever also. Has there ever been a baseball game that lasted forever? No. A player has a chance to get what they need, just some are more fortunate than others to get the items faster. Acquiring the Vauban blueprints IS based solely on luck for you can't get them any other way except by buying it or be at your computer when they pop up. So a player can't have any effect on when they get them or not, only when the game lets them.  

So if I want anything I should just buy it? What's the point of farming for materials and blueprints then or any of this if your decision for anything is just buy it? I like how everyone on these forums solution to these issues is just throw money at it and it will go away. Again, what's even the point of farming or this game in general if your solution to everything is just "buy it". 

Its not my solution im just saying you can I dont buy stuff myself takes out half of the fun from the game

Its ok by this way but ok lets say 1h at least is fair ... but 12h thats crazy,

If vauban BP last for 12h it will be like frost prime, at the begining OMG! a dude using a Frost prime :O, 1 week after damn another frost prime...2 week later ummm my party at kitse is full of frost prime ummm... i want one so bad... 3 week OMG finaly i got all frost prime BP!!!, 3 days after OMG!!! ppl are gonna be looking at me and my new frost prime, latron prime and reaper prime ohh yeah im gonna be a fancy player, later on kitse :S everyone has the same... some even are saying that they are selling the BP just for credits :S, 1 week afer that in the void damn frost, latron, reaper BP!!!! why do u keep droping!!!! i dont want u anymore DE shall lowe this BP drop!!! i want forma!!...

Same story if vauban gets that buff...

The alerts really don't need to be longer. It's really an issue of your impatience, and you know what, that's your problem there. If you have a schedule that keeps you from getting the pieces then fine, that's a dilemma, but that's also your problem not a universal one. Last systems alert I missed out on Vauban because I was asleep but this time, lo and behold, soon enough I get another shot at it. Just wait, the alerts will be coming up again, and if you feel you need this frame right the hek now, just pay the guys.

Also, for context, not a single drop of my platinum has been spent on suits or weapons, I worked for everything I have too.

Edited by TheHeraldXII