Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris Prime, or Sancti Tigris?

(PSN)Kallastin

Question

So. Being new to the tigris shotgun series is quite a change in playstyle for me. (I Mainly use the Dex Sybaris) But i need some community help. I heard both are amazing variants of this particular shotgun. If you could, Tell me which one is better and why should i put time and effort into it for a build. (Yes with multiple forma) Send me a link/Screenshot of your build as well. Please and thank you!

12 answers to this question

They are both better for different scenarios.

Sancti is better for situations where the AoE proc damage might actually do something and the health gain can be helpful. This depends heavily on the frame used as well. Frames like Mesa and Chroma can enjoy the extra health through much higher level enemies than other frames. Sancti Tigris also has a slightly wider spread.

Prime is better when you need absolute max damage output with each shot. It has a higher damage output than Sancti but no bells or whistles. At the point where Prime really shines a healing proc is just about useless since all enemies will one shot you anyways. It also has a more narrow spread meaning you can focus the pellets onto one target easier.

In short Sancti caps out sooner than Prime but currently without endless missions they're both complete overkill and you won't notice much difference besides a proc.

There is no simple answer to this. Both variants of the Tigris are great and each offers benefits over the other. The Sancti Tigris provides a syndicate proc (Purity) whereas the Tigris Prime offers more damage and a higher status %. The Sancti Tigris is MR locked to level 12 whereas the Tigris Prime is MR locked to level 13. 

In the end, the best option is to get both.

People are forgetting that the Sancti Tigris also has a faster reload. The Purity effect and faster reload allow it to perform better against groups of unarmored targets and against really everything at star chart levels. The Sancti Tigris's damage will fall off significantly against armor at high levels, though.

The Tigris Prime's 100% status chance build makes it far more powerful (not an overstatement) than the Sancti Tigris against high-level armored enemies with consistent Slash and Corrosive or Viral procs, but it has a slower reload time and doesn't have access to a syndicate effect, making it less effective at lower levels where enemies die in one shot regardless of which weapon is used. The Tigris Prime also requires much fewer Forma to reach its maximum potential (it only requires one Forma to slot in all of the optimal mods).

Pick whichever suits your needs.

My most used weapon is Sancti Tigris modded for pure damage, it can obliterate everything and the healing is steady as it usualy procs on every heavy unit kill above level 30-35. The only mission I wished I took Tigris Prime was solo Lephantis in sortie 3 because there were not enough adds to provide the proc often enough... but Sancti Tigris did his job anyway.

Well, only reason you'd want to use Sancti would be syndicate proc and better reload speed. Other than that I'm 100% for Prime. Higher damage and higher status. Unless I'm mistaken you need to use Acolyte mod to get 100% status chance with Sancti and status build on Tigris makes it one of the deadliest weapons in entire game

Edited by Slaviar

Sancti Tigris for your everyday use because of the Corrosive proc, heal and faster reload. The added damage of Tigris prime does not make up for the lack of heal, corrosive blast and slower reload in average content.

In short Sancti Tigris is powerful enough and the more comfortable gun to use, the added damage of Tigris Prime is wasted more often than not.

The only time I use the Tigris prime is when I know I will face very high lvl enemies which isnt often in this new reworked star chart.