Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid's Tempest Barrage should allow casting while moving

Eldnacpeek

All of hydroid's abilities should have that, hell Hydroid's abilities can be just made free and he still wouldn't be useful in this state (except for the pool in interceptions)

IMO Hydroid needs a rework really badly, even more than Limbo, I mean Limbo is really, really good in sortie defenses and maybe corpus spy missions, what's Hydroid good for? Resource farming? And even then he's really unreliable (RNG, duh).

From time to time I play with my Hydro, usually farming resources for new players of the clan and the more I play with him more I see he could be a much better warframe with just a couple of tweaks instead of a full rework, things like the one OP suggested and stuff like reduced cast time on 4, a decent aim on the tentacles or even an horizontal range on their attacks, an increase on his armor since he looks heavy and isn't fast for sure. 

The more interesting part is the instantaneous interest on him every single person have when they saw captain Hydroid for the first time, some Warframes have this "thing", others no. I will stay here patiently waiting for some changes on him.

4 hours ago, Praxxor said:

All of hydroid's abilities should have that, hell Hydroid's abilities can be just made free and he still wouldn't be useful in this state (except for the pool in interceptions)

IMO Hydroid needs a rework really badly, even more than Limbo, I mean Limbo is really, really good in sortie defenses and maybe corpus spy missions, what's Hydroid good for? Resource farming? And even then he's really unreliable (RNG, duh).

Well limbo's good almost everywhere if you know what you're doing(although played differently in each situation) so he doesn't really need a rework so he's a bad example here.

Now onto hydroid he is good at one thing and that's locking down chokepoints especially in survival missions. Just put down some tentacles and you and your teammates blast everything that walks through that door for lots of tasty life support and loot.

Other than that he's gotta be ready to constantly recast things as the tentacles DO make some effort to aim for enemies but only when they spawn in so long duration isn't needed on particularly mobile or open spaced missions. He's a decent frame but he could use a little work I think. The question is what do you actually do with him without changing the overall feel of his kit?

Edited by Sikelh

3 hours ago, Sikelh said:

Well limbo's good almost everywhere if you know what you're doing(although played differently in each situation) so he doesn't really need a rework so he's a bad example here.

Now onto hydroid he is good at one thing and that's locking down chokepoints especially in survival missions. Just put down some tentacles and you and your teammates blast everything that walks through that door for lots of tasty life support and loot.

Other than that he's gotta be ready to constantly recast things as the tentacles DO make some effort to aim for enemies but only when they spawn in so long duration isn't needed on particularly mobile or open spaced missions. He's a decent frame but he could use a little work I think. The question is what do you actually do with him without changing the overall feel of his kit?

I meant that Limbo is officially the next warframe that's getting reworked, along with Ash, I believe that Hydroid needs it more than both.

4 minutes ago, Praxxor said:

I meant that Limbo is officially the next warframe that's getting reworked, along with Ash, I believe that Hydroid needs it more than both.

As a Limbo main I definately agree there. I think the one handed casting for hydroid would definately be a good start though. And maybe let the puddle move around slowly or something. Not really sure what else he could use.