Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need A good akmagnus build

Spartan-219

Question

10 answers to this question

I like them so far, have two forma on mine with a tater. And I'm also looking to get up to three or four total. Quick Draw or Stunning Speed are nice but not entirely necessary, depending on playstyle. They have a nice fire rate overall and good accuracy.

A forth forma, might be worth using on another "y" for the top row, or get a "-" for one of the single stat elementals.

I'd use this against Grineer and Corrupted:

QJWnia2.png

With the high Impact, it's also nice against the Corpus.

Infested I'd go Corrosive and Heat.

If you have it and can score enough Head Shots, Hydraulic Crosshairs can bring your crits up to 100%, and Target Cracker (Primed) is an alternative for Lethal Torrent that should also be considered for a Crit build.

KxLgvyC.png

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
Details

I think its pretty difficult for them to be good without using more than 4 forma. Ill post the build that I use, and im sure you can determine what you could substitute etc.

This one has 5 forma, and its pretty aite. Wouldnt recommend it in high level endless missions tho.

d3nEOJD.jpgI would actually recommend NOT using seeker, and instead opting for quickdraw. Seeker is more or less a luxury. 

Edited by armedpoop

I have a 7 forma build that can both slot a max damage Radiation build and a hybrid crit/status Corrosive build for more serious stuff.

They look like this:

• Hornet Strike
  • Barrel Diffusion
  • Lethal Torrent
  • Seeker
  • Primed Pistol Gambit
  • Primed Target Cracker
  • EITHER:Convulsion and Primed Heated Charge (pure Radiation facesmashing) OR Jolt and Pistol Pestilence (dat Corrosive status)

Pair them with a Volt or a Toxic Chroma for maximum pleasure :)

27 minutes ago, Spartan-219 said:

how would punch through work instead of hydraulic crosshairs in this one?

Generally better.

Remember we're in horde mode, and even a single enemy behind the first is +100% DPS, let alone for the fact that you're saving ammo and wasting less shots on corpses.

@taiiat

not using Lethal Torrent is never worth it for Damage.

I found that there is just one gun which supports a build without Lethal Torrent, which is the Telos Akbolto. You don't gain the extra firerate due to semiauto cap, and that makes it a lot less attractive. And that way you can fit a Radiation/Puncture crit build that works amazing for any kind of Grineer content without sacrificing punchthrough that's basically mandatory lest you burn all your ammo in a second .-. Works wonderfully.

Edited by Autongnosis

3 hours ago, Spartan-219 said:

how would punch through work instead of hydraulic crosshairs in this one?

you'll trade Weakpoint Crit reliability for the capability to hit infinite Enemies behind the Enemy you originally shot.
both options are valid for their purposes.

2 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

I found that there is just one gun which supports a build without Lethal Torrent, which is the Telos Akbolto. You don't gain the extra firerate due to semiauto cap, and that makes it a lot less attractive. And that way you can fit a Radiation/Puncture crit build that works amazing for any kind of Grineer content without sacrificing punchthrough that's basically mandatory lest you burn all your ammo in a second .-. Works wonderfully.

(there's surely something else you don't need in there you could swap out to have both Lethal Torrent and Bore at the same time - if i assume 2 Elementals, Punch-through and Mutation, that still leaves one Slot left over?)
http://i.imgur.com/nQpwWcC.png
if you aren't using Mutation then you have space for 3 Elementals and still Bore + Lethal Torrent...?

Edited by taiiat

3 hours ago, Autongnosis said:

[..] And that way you can fit a Radiation/Puncture crit build that works amazing for any kind of Grineer [...]

You missed the point about crit there ^^

Non crit: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Telos_Akbolto/t_30_43000000_193-2-5-195-5-5-204-0-10-206-1-5-209-6-5-215-3-5-452-7-5-487-4-10_204-18-206-14-193-11-215-15-487-16-195-11-209-11-452-11/en/3-0-54

Crit: http://warframe-builder.com/Secondary_Weapons/Builder/Telos_Akbolto/t_30_43000000_193-1-5-195-5-5-204-0-10-215-2-5-452-6-5-487-4-10-543-3-10-605-7-10_204-18-193-14-215-15-543-12-487-16-195-11-452-11-605-14/en/3-0-54

It's pretty damn effective. Let alone that if you run with any other crit-chance boosting gimmicks like adarza kavat or arcane avenger, it only gets better :)

Edited by Autongnosis