Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shadow of the dead energy cost change mechanic.

IfritKajiTora

Nekros shadow of the dead got changes, and they are not fantastic, it cost too many energy in my opinion. It should work different:
If you use shadow of the dead ability, creating one new shadow should cost you 15 energy. So if you killed just 3 enemies, and you use Shadow of the dead, it will just create 3 shadows of the dead and it should cost you 3 x 15 energy = 45energy not 100 energy because it's a waste :/.
For any shadow of the dead that is still on the map and you just use ability to restore their health, it should cost you only 7.5 energy per shadow of the dead. So just restoring your 7 army shadows health will cost you 7.5energy x 5 = 52.5 energy.

It could make Nekros Shadow of the dead a lot better, with energy consumption reduction. 

I think one of the main issues with reducing energy costs is the fact other players using Nekros (like myself) are using despoil to desecrate. Soul punch is also sometimes used to revive fallen allies (if augment is equipped) but the 2 ability is hardly ever used which leaves only the 4 ability using up the bulk of energy. I hardly use much energy at all; with despoil desecrate running, enemies dying, mods like equilibrium added to the mix as well - running out of energy doesn't become an issue (that's even without zenurik). In fact I usually have a surplus of energy sitting there because I don't use 1 or 2 abilities and only use my 4 when the clones I want to keep alive are about to die, which isn't that often.

I think what needs to be addressed is Nekros abilities as a whole (making 1 and 2 abilities more useful) - if players are more likely to use 1 and 2 without despoil equipped for 3, then DE might have reason to reduce energy costs. This is all my opinion of course.

1 hour ago, Varacal said:

with despoil+equilibrium, you wont have any problems with energy anyway

Indeed. Although ...

1 hour ago, Alcoholism said:

I think what needs to be addressed is Nekros abilities as a whole

I can get on board with this.

Of course, I'm not gonna deny that, Augment'd, all of Nekros' abilities are pretty damn sweet
(I actually run a triple Augment build, only missing Soul Survivor because you will smell my fart gas hand)
but the base abilities definitely could stand to be a bit less meh by themselves pls kthx.

On my build, Shadows of the Dead costs 155 energy and I haven't had any problems keeping the ability running, though my build is tailored to sustain that cost. Despoil means Desecrate isn't eating from the energy pool, and Equilibrium keeps my energy intake roughly equal to the cost of maintaining Shadows of the Dead until Zenurik finishes charging. After that, I literally have more energy than I know what to do with and have to cast Shadows of the Dead simply to keep my energy from staying capped for too long so that Equilibrium can eat energy orbs to regenerate my health, which is actually is not sustained with just the health orbs from Desecrate.

I should really get an Arcane Pulse set to fix that sometime...