Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing Draco

(PSN)AllOrNothinDays

I miss it in that I never went to Draco and used Akkad to level melee weapons and farm nanospores, and now I have to deal with all of the runoff from Draco ruining my Akkad missions. People complaining at me for using a melee weapon on a melee bonus dark sector and not standing up on a stupid rafter with a grenade launcher.

A) It's public, not your premade affinity farm.

B) I'm still doing 60% of the team's damage, so shut up and take the free affinity.

6 hours ago, Gelkor said:

I miss it in that I never went to Draco and used Akkad to level melee weapons and farm nanospores, and now I have to deal with all of the runoff from Draco ruining my Akkad missions. People complaining at me for using a melee weapon on a melee bonus dark sector and not standing up on a stupid rafter with a grenade launcher.

A) It's public, not your premade affinity farm.

B) I'm still doing 60% of the team's damage, so shut up and take the free affinity.

Yeah, I had quite a few nasty run ins on Akkad with some toxic players. Seems Iike there is some unspoken rules that apply which I'm not privvy to and I keep getting p1$$ed on for not abiding by it.

6 hours ago, Gelkor said:

People complaining at me for using a melee weapon on a melee bonus dark sector and not standing up on a stupid rafter with a grenade launcher.

They have removed the rafters. I hope more people will actually 'play' the map now, instead of just standing there and clearing with Synoid Simulor.

BUT i guess people will find something new to destroy.

The way people were playing Draco.... was not actually "playing"... it was standing around and hammering mostly the "4" key. Sometimes even other keys.

At least that's how I remember it. I am sincerely glad that DE is removing such lvls. Maybe I am just being sadistic. Who knows.

But I seriously think that this is not how this game should be played. ... People can do what they want- sure. But the removal of such "power leveling"-places just proves that DE doesn't approve this way of "playing" either.

1 hour ago, WEREsandrock said:

The way people were playing Draco.... was not actually "playing"... it was standing around and hammering mostly the "4" key. Sometimes even other keys.

At least that's how I remember it. I am sincerely glad that DE is removing such lvls. Maybe I am just being sadistic. Who knows.

Akkad is not much different tbh. Most of the time people are just standing on the containers or the wagon thing or whatever it is, and spam powers and/or launchers. Ember has it even easier, she just stands and everything dies in the first 10 waves. 

I never thought that people were missing Warframe The Clicker Game that much? I've heard there's some Clicker game much better out there.

I'm currently MR14 and I never used Draco once. It's just a lame excuses that people uses. Besides, it's just pointless to level some stuffs that fast, because you mainly miss the mechanism.

9 hours ago, AcceI said:

I don't get why ppl were so butthurt over draco farmers.

Draco farmers pre SoTR: they spend the whole time on draco,and after they start complaing(everywhere,game,forum,nothing is safe from them)how boring warframe is,and after a new thing is out(warframe/weapons),they start whining they don't have enought resources,but not because that new thing is too expansive,it's because they spent the whole time framing on draco so they didn't get the other resources,and for the grand finale:
dracofarmers:"buuuu De buuuu,that(put a name here) is too expansive i can't build/get it,in less than 3 ours,omg you're doing it on pourpose didn't you?,buuuu i will leave this game cuz s boring,full of farming,shame on you!!!!"

this is why i hate these "draco farmers" or should i say experts-infants

Edited by TheKurtiStryke

46 minutes ago, aligatorno said:

Akkad is not much different tbh. Most of the time people are just standing on the containers or the wagon thing or whatever it is, and spam powers and/or launchers. Ember has it even easier, she just stands and everything dies in the first 10 waves. 

yeah I guess those people will always find a way to exploit some maps..

8 hours ago, (PS4)sanemane213 said:

I'm more upset over the fact that the entire Planet itself is now a Low Tier Grineer Shipyard, and the hardest planet in the game is Eris. It just Got on my Nerves So, Don't Know Why. 

This basically. Ceres was my favorite "planet". Kinda sad to see it as low-tier now.

2 hours ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

Draco farmers pre SoTR: they spend the whole time on draco,and after they start complaing(everywhere,game,forum,nothing is safe from them)how boring warframe is,and after a new thing is out(warframe/weapons),they start whining they don't have enought resources,but not because that new thing is too expansive,it's because they spent the whole time framing on draco so they didn't get the other resources,and for the grand finale:
dracofarmers:"buuuu De buuuu,that(put a name here) is too expansive i can't build/get it,in less than 3 ours,omg you're doing it on pourpose didn't you?,buuuu i will leave this game cuz s boring,full of farming,shame on you!!!!"

this is why i hate these "draco farmers" or should i say experts-infants

That was DE's F up. Not the player base.  

One of those times in which you can say "yeah, this game is in beta."

8 hours ago, WEREsandrock said:

6 hours ago, Crawd127 said:

I'm currently MR14 and I never used Draco once. It's just a lame excuses that people uses.

Perhaps you guys weren't aware of this, but there was a very healthy population of people that pubbed draco with no meta at all. I used to go there at 4 am because I could find a full squad, guaranteed. It was fast paced, full of eximus units and scorches, small, and reasonably challenging for low-rank gear. I had fun. Lots of people had fun. Sure, recruiting chat was filled with draco requests from time to time, and those guys abused the map. But if you pubbed it you'd never run into those guys, ever. It was literally just a good map with lots of players and good xp and plenty of hard-hitting enemies to kill. But everyone thought that everyone else was abusing it in their premade invite-only squads that you'd never see in public mode. Worse, people were convinced that a huge number of players were only playing draco (despite the fact that acquiring new weapons required more time grinding parts and resources than it took to level the weapons) so it had to go. Now you guys are running into meta squads in public on akkad, and having to deal with those same farmers who now expect you to take part in their meta. GG everyone.

12 hours ago, (PS4)sanemane213 said:

I'm more upset over the fact that the entire Planet itself is now a Low Tier Grineer Shipyard, and the hardest planet in the game is Eris. It just Got on my Nerves So, Don't Know Why. 

I'm with you. I used to love the survivals on ceres. They were high-level, difficult, had their own tileset, and had prosecutors! I went there all the time. It makes me sad that ceres is so low-level now. Sedna is less interesting, and I hate that selkie is the galleon tileset.

6 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

Perhaps you guys weren't aware of this, but there was a very healthy population of people that pubbed draco with no meta at all. I used to go there at 4 am because I could find a full squad, guaranteed. It was fast paced, full of eximus units and scorches, small, and reasonably challenging for low-rank gear. I had fun. Lots of people had fun. Sure, recruiting chat was filled with draco requests from time to time, and those guys abused the map. But if you pubbed it you'd never run into those guys, ever. It was literally just a good map with lots of players and good xp and plenty of hard-hitting enemies to kill. But everyone thought that everyone else was abusing it in their premade invite-only squads that you'd never see in public mode. Worse, people were convinced that a huge number of players were only playing draco (despite the fact that acquiring new weapons required more time grinding parts and resources than it took to level the weapons) so it had to go. Now you guys are running into meta squads in public on akkad, and having to deal with those same farmers who now expect you to take part in their meta. GG everyone.

I totally see your point. But I think it's nothing new that a minority is being punished for something the majority did wrong. They can hardly consider the minority in this case. Even tho - yes they could have... The solution would be to make the map so it can not be exploited anymore.

I haven't played for quite a while so I don't know how exactly Draco was being "abused". But I guess the issue could eventually have been fixed by applying changed to the map.

15 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

I totally see your point. But I think it's nothing new that a minority is being punished for something the majority did wrong.

The thing is, nobody has any numbers or evidence of any kind that it was, in fact, the majority. Everyone had a gut feeling that most people who played draco did a meta setup through recruiting where only one person got any kills. But the only evidence they have to go on is what they saw in recruiting chat. Of course you're only going to see requests for meta squads in recruit chat, that's the only way to set them up (outside of your clan)! The other "evidence" people have is when they run into someone with a high MR in a public mission that - in their opinion - doesn't know what they are doing. Whenever someone sees that, they immediately say "oh look, someone who only plays draco." But once again, there's no actual evidence. Just assumptions and suspicions that anyone who isn't up to par must be a "dracoborn." But there was thread after thread after thread, and everyone complained about everyone else playing wrong, so DE nuked draco and also all of ceres. To the best of my knowledge we never saw any real numbers or evidence of anything. Oh well, I guess now we get to complain that people don't know what they are doing because they "only play akkad."

Edited by Lord_Azrael
typos

28 minutes ago, Lord_Azrael said:

You quote me and kinda miss my point. Sure, I'll admit, I barely play in public games, I prefer play with my friends or solo. I would probably be higher MR if I didn't play the way I did. However, I managed to see the problem of Draco in the few games that I did in public. Some people (WARNING! I'm not saying it's the case of everyone who played Draco) are simply bad because they rank up by leeching those games. The first public game I've did, I was MR4 with Oberon and I was like: "Damn... they are all MR12+, I will probably not be that useful...", yet, I've ended up doing 50% dmg, ressing all of these 4-5 times... all this with my crappy gear...

To me, it's the problem that I hate to see because they level soo fast, that they aren't even able to understand what they used or what they are using. Some weapons are said to be really bad, yet, once I tried them, trying different builds, I saw that they aren't as bad as it was said and I've had a lot of fun with those. Sure, they aren't as great as the "God tier" weapons, but they aren't as bad as they say.

I will say that if that problem wasn't there, I wouldn't be happy to see this kind of stuffs. Also, I've ranked up some stuff really fast that I don't feel the need to "abuse a map" to rank up... There's so many great maps and some great stuffs in warframe that can be done without maxing everything... Because let's be honest, besides bragging rights, being maxed MR means nothing at all... Knowledge of the game worth more than a MR rank...