The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ayatan sculptures were a fantastic idea (not sarcasm)

AdunSaveMe

There's not a lot of variety yet, stars fall through the floor a lot and placing decorations is as cancerous as it's ever been, but overall ayatans are great. It's nice to have something to hunt for, I'm always happy to see stars and sculptures (even though waiting for people to stop hunting them sucks for some) and it's a welcome alternative to endo farming. The idea seems like it came out of nowhere, but it's a good one, and I hope to see it expanded a lot.

Possibly the best part of it though is that it isn't based around platinum. These seem like things you could easily sell for plat, but instead they've been added as treasures you can find just by running around, and that's wonderful.

Now all we need is a violet ayatan star that makes the sculpture emit Cold & Gold-esque ambient noise and my life will be complete.

P.S: can they glow or something? They really blend into the environment and don't look special at all when you find them.
Also give the stars a light pillar so they stand out.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

I have yet to run the weekly mission, but I'm glad they brought back the treasure rooms, or at least more incentive to do them. Me and my friends really did some hardcore treasure runs for rare mods back around U10, back when Flow was so damn rare and trading wasn't even thought of.

Edited by R34LM

Sadly the treasure rooms are only good for farming stars (repeatable) but only due to the high volume of crates in one location.  But since stars arn't the hard part, the only real reason to do the treasure rooms is for the weekly :*(

But yeah, I want more Ayatan sculptures!!!

As to the glowing/blending into environment though, when you find them they don't have stars so they don't have power.  Basically they shouldn't glow or do anything on their own  because of that imo.  However since warframes are modified with mods that are upgraded with endo, maybe they should react to us coming close to them?

6 minutes ago, zehne said:

Sadly the treasure rooms are only good for farming stars (repeatable) but only due to the high volume of crates in one location.  But since stars arn't the hard part, the only real reason to do the treasure rooms is for the weekly :*(

But yeah, I want more Ayatan sculptures!!!

As to the glowing/blending into environment though, when you find them they don't have stars so they don't have power.  Basically they shouldn't glow or do anything on their own  because of that imo.  However since warframes are modified with mods that are upgraded with endo, maybe they should react to us coming close to them?

I don't think giving it a lore excuse works. They shimmer like loot does, and things that shouldn't glow, do.

Medallions glow, resources glow, even ammo is more noticeable.

I'm actually really pleased with "Ayatan" as a concept in general.

It gives me a new reason to mess around with extremely gimmicky loot-oriented builds, a viable motivation to take my time at a more 'comfy' pace in many missions, and has me playing a much more varied assortment of missions.

Basically, it feels like any mission at all might turn out to be a very worthwhile endeavor, even the low level alerts that I wouldn't ever have taken a second glance at before.

23 minutes ago, notlamprey said:

I'm actually really pleased with "Ayatan" as a concept in general.

It gives me a new reason to mess around with extremely gimmicky loot-oriented builds, a viable motivation to take my time at a more 'comfy' pace in many missions, and has me playing a much more varied assortment of missions.

Basically, it feels like any mission at all might turn out to be a very worthwhile endeavor, even the low level alerts that I wouldn't ever have taken a second glance at before.

I feel that. I'm actually running void missions with my locker-opening mods just in case I end up getting stars. It's great.

No no no no... what we really need is a display shelf. It's a sad state with them just sitting on the floor and their size is a bit small to fully appreciate them. Mechanically they're also nice as we can now trade bulk amounts of endo rather than the old 5 fusion cores at max per trade.

2 minutes ago, Cortanis said:

No no no no... what we really need is a display shelf. It's a sad state with them just sitting on the floor and their size is a bit small to fully appreciate them. Mechanically they're also nice as we can now trade bulk amounts of endo rather than the old 5 fusion cores at max per trade.

They're not really a shelf kind of thing in my opinion. They look nice displayed around the ship.

1 hour ago, AdunSaveMe said:

They're not really a shelf kind of thing in my opinion. They look nice displayed around the ship.

Sure they do, but the camera isn't really all that great and you don't get to see most of the detail on them while looking down on them. Need pedestals at the very least to bring them up to somewhere around chest height so we can properly look at them. The dojo actually has a number of things that could be brought over for this particular too.