Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A suggestion to improve the Drakgoon.

Glitch_Kitten

I'm an avid user of shotguns, I enjoy every single one and usually always have one equipped in my primary slot because of how satisfying and powerful they feel, however the drakgoon has always felt underwhelming in my eyes.

Each shotgun has its strong points and situations it can be used in, kohm shreds through hoards of enemies effectively, boar (and its prime counterpart) proc status at a rate faster than saryn can pop her spores, Tigris deals huge burst damage, Sobek and can clear whole rooms with its unique mod and Hek falls in the midground.

However Drakgoon feels like it under performs, it has a relatively long charge time, less damage than a tigris, its uncharged shots are crazy innacurate, it loses velocity way too quickly and its bouncing mechanic feels unpolished. Its unique mod attempts to solve the major issues yet falls flat in my eyes, my suggestion comes in the form of tweaking this mod, keep the increased projectile flight speed but also, drastically lower rate at which it loses speed so it can be effective at long ranges. Along with this, increase the extra bounce count to something like +6-7 and give incentive to use an uncharged shot, my idea was to have it that when its projectiles ricochet they split into 2-3 more projectiles.

Applying these changes gives the drakgoon the ability to adapt to different situations, giving incentive to use its uncharged shot and making it more useful at longer ranges.

Edited by Glitch_Kitten

Its slower firing comes with the added benefit of innate punch-through. This leaves it open for more lenient modding, whereas something like the Tigris Prime almost requires you to mod for it so that you can actually effectively handle crowds.

It could use a slightly faster charge, I'll give you that.

I think the biggest problem it has is the hokey bounce mechanic, it just doesn't really work.

If the thing really bounced around the way the mechanics suggest that it should, rapid firing the whole clip with the augment mod should turn a whole room into the inside of a blender.  Needless to say, it doesn't do that at all and because of this an uncharged shot with it is not at all effective.  It's very hard to believe I'm toting around 10k plus in damage when I'm hitting in the low hundreds per pellet, then watching them puddle up on the ground instead of scattering around the room.

This mechanic has nearly no effect on a charged shot because this concentrates the whole shot into a small area and they simply don't spread after going through it.  I don't think the charged shot really needs work though, it is very powerful, moreso with the punch through it has.