Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make ayatan stars can be vacuumed by carrier

._.-._.

May i suggest to simplify collect ayatan stars, like being vacuumed by carrier instead of get close to them, then press a button to collect them? I know that there may be a disadvantages there, but i can't say what, it's like arranging jumbled words in my head :(

Edited by Primbone
Some sentence edits

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I'd be fine if you could just walk over them without needing to press a key. Carrier tends to move things to weird places.

Oh i agree that, just like collecting reactants :smile:

Edited by Primbone

1 minute ago, Hemmo67 said:

no

treasure hunting shouldn't turn into vacuum casual bs :l

But having to spot them, among a million other moving things, in a fast paced game, with inctricate environments, and then walk up and press a button to pick it up, is pretty much BS as well.
A middle ground must be found. No vacuum BS and no pressing buttons BS.

We're busy doing parkour and stuff.

24 minutes ago, BenzinNinJa said:

But having to spot them, among a million other moving things, in a fast paced game, with inctricate environments, and then walk up and press a button to pick it up, is pretty much BS as well.

if you use bloom( considering you do not run potato) they are very easy to spot. and if you have loot radar/animal insticnt/ carrier. you only need to look little on map if a pickup doesn't get sucked by carrier

these little things make it very easy to get them/spot them

however if i am not mistaken in devstream they referred that this treasure system would increase the want to explore and if we make it obsolete by allowing carrier/universal vacuum suck them up kinda beats the purpose why they were added in.

44 minutes ago, Hemmo67 said:

no

treasure hunting shouldn't turn into vacuum casual bs :l

What's BS?  ._.

"however if i am not mistaken in devstream they referred that this treasure system would increase the want to explore and if we make it obsolete by allowing carrier/universal vacuum suck them up kinda beats the purpose why they were added in." -Hemmo67

Maybe they should add their own specific beacon and their own icon for minimap? (Instead of standard loot icon)

Edited by Primbone

1 hour ago, Primbone said:

What's BS?  ._.

"however if i am not mistaken in devstream they referred that this treasure system would increase the want to explore and if we make it obsolete by allowing carrier/universal vacuum suck them up kinda beats the purpose why they were added in." -Hemmo67

Maybe they should add their own specific beacon and their own icon for minimap? (Instead of standard loot icon)

bs is bullS#&$

and unique icon? ehh maybe

2 hours ago, Hemmo67 said:

if you use bloom( considering you do not run potato) they are very easy to spot. and if you have loot radar/animal insticnt/ carrier. you only need to look little on map if a pickup doesn't get sucked by carrier

these little things make it very easy to get them/spot them

however if i am not mistaken in devstream they referred that this treasure system would increase the want to explore and if we make it obsolete by allowing carrier/universal vacuum suck them up kinda beats the purpose why they were added in.

I specifically turned off bloom because it makes my eyes bleed in certain tilesets, so no thank you to that solution.

2 hours ago, BenzinNinJa said:

Yes, if you good player you will do it pretty easy !!! Do NOT talk bu**it, please! 

IT should NOT be vacuum or pick-up just by walk over it.

PS.a bit more orientation, please

Edited by Rubicon2.0

21 hours ago, BenzinNinJa said:

The game does not revolve around finding them. They are just extra. What next, auto scanning plants by just looking at them?

Where do you draw the line on these things?

The entire problem starts with the fact that we run through maps and ignore everything, and the solution is not "make more things automatic so we can keep running", it's supposed to be "make the missions fun enough to NOT just go rushing to objective" all the time.

10 minutes ago, DSpite said:

The game does not revolve around finding them. They are just extra. What next, auto scanning plants by just looking at them?

Where do you draw the line on these things?

The entire problem starts with the fact that we run through maps and ignore everything, and the solution is not "make more things automatic so we can keep running", it's supposed to be "make the missions fun enough to NOT just go rushing to objective" all the time.

Just to nitpick on the specifics of the "scanning plants by looking at them" example, rather than look at it in a grander scale, the plants are placed seperately from other loot.
The stars come out of loot boxes with a bunch of other things, that we as player have sort of been conditioned to just assume gets picked up.
I know assumptions are the first step to being wrong, but it's an assumption that I think most players rely on these days.

Even the energy cells from Excavation missions drop from a different source than anything else, and that makes them identifiable, even if we have to stop and press X a bazillion times to pick it up.

In regards to drawing a line, I personally think that all things that come out of loot crates and lockers should be picked up on touch. Anything that is just lying around on it's own, is fair game to "press X to pick up".
This will keep in line with the current setup, and won't mess with any continuity.

But why wouldn't we just ignore everything non-essential? Yes, the maps are really pretty, and there are a hundred million small details that makes it all pop, but once you've done your 1000th rescue mission, you've pretty much seen it all.

I agree with you though. You're not wrong.

I gotta disagree: The intention of having them being optional pickups, as well as having "Hey you have to stop and destroy me" resources is intended to help SLOW people down. And that's honestly a good thing. I can get why a lot of you feel the need to rush through, race through, plow through a mission. I do. But it'd be nice to have something, anything, that rewards (or at least doesn't punish) actually wanting to just PLAY the game rather than make it a race with your Insta-Death power rolling through. We can have both, without one hindering the other. I hope.

What MIGHT help people who DO prefer to rush through, and even those that take it slow, however?

1. A distinct passive audio cue for stars. This might not help deaf players, but considering how tiny and how fast paced even a slower gameplay walkthrough still is, and how busy the environment can be? This can help other players locate it, and tag it for others (something I really like doing, esp with the also neat Ceph Fragments).
  2. A more distinct glow unique to them. I think I find more cyans than amber just due to the more distinct nature of their glow; it's often hard to tell 'Is that a star, a resource, or pistol ammo' at a distance right now.
  3. A more unique <INTERACT> box.  We use the same generic interact/toggle UI for so many things, we become habituated to it when it pops up or don't even notice sometimes; more often than not you may have ran over a star, and just thought your companion interaction option popped up, and ignored it. Having something more distinct might help with this.