Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Mission a disappointment

Barrrkley

I'm not understanding the point of the Chroma mission since you don't get any of the warframe parts now. It was disappointing to learn this since i started it before the map/junction/fissure update but due to work could never find time to complete it. Now i finally do and i have to grind junctions to get the parts anyway?? Scammed.

It's not even a frame mission, it's a "run around scanning a bunch of things for no reason" mission. Disappointing and a waste of the little time i had. Please re-think this mission.

1 minute ago, Hemmo67 said:

well it unlocks simaris standing doesn't it?

i'd say it's worth it

That's basically the whole of it, it's still a disappointing change and makes no sense in as much as what used to be a mission for that warframe being basically nothing to do with it now.

6 minutes ago, Genitive said:

It's better than having to wait a whole day before you can progress the quest. And you still get the blueprint at the end.

I don't get how this is a scam.

Because you don't get the other parts of it until later junctions, which just seems ridiculous to me since you just did a quest for it (or were doing a quest for it, until it was changed into a quest just for a bp and nothing else)

3 hours ago, Barrrkley said:

Because you don't get the other parts of it until later junctions, which just seems ridiculous to me since you just did a quest for it (or were doing a quest for it, until it was changed into a quest just for a bp and nothing else)

Yeah, sure. But the quest requires mastery rank 5 regardless, people are sure to have completed all the junctions before reaching that level.

Edited by Genitive

2 minutes ago, Genitive said:

people are sure to have completed all the junctions before reaching that level.

eeehhh

Not necessarily. I was carrying an MR8 the other day that hadn't unlocked Uranus on their own. 

However, I'd like to point out to the OP that the quest is actually much less grindy than it used to be, especially with the fact that you're forced to grind Saryn's parts from Kela if you want to build Chroma (man, I remember when new Kela was introduced. The salt here on the forums was hilarious). Now, you can actually kind of breeze through the quest, taking in the tidbits of lore and just doing whatever. No wait times, no grinding other bosses in between.

You got it very much easier than I did when I did it before SOTR, so b!tching about wanting it to be even more time-consuming really makes no sense. It was 24h minimum to craft a single part before you could advance the quest. On top of that, you had to grind bosses for specific frame parts (Frost chassis, Saryn systems, and Ember helmet. Volt helm is needed from the Tenno Lab in the dojo), so it was honestly the most time-consuming quests before the change. 

20 hours ago, Barrrkley said:

That's helpful. I'm just not one of the players happily gorging on all the changes that silently screw people over as a whole if they don't have 60 hours a week to play. Sorry.

Then buy Chroma?

I don't understand something here. You don't need Chroma, you simply, at some stage, want Chroma. If you don't want to buy him and you think getting him via playing is too much effort, then don't. Your game play is not effected in any way, other then the fact you are missing one object out of many.

What exactly is the big problem?

20 hours ago, Barrrkley said:

I'm not understanding the point of the Chroma mission since you don't get any of the warframe parts now. It was disappointing to learn this since i started it before the map/junction/fissure update but due to work could never find time to complete it. Now i finally do and i have to grind junctions to get the parts anyway?? Scammed.

It's not even a frame mission, it's a "run around scanning a bunch of things for no reason" mission. Disappointing and a waste of the little time i had. Please re-think this mission.

Chroma's quest was modified for ease of progression as, previously you'd have to wait 12 to 24 hours for ANOTHER FRAME PART to be complete before you could build that Chroma part that requires resources you didn't consider gathering enough of. Now the parts have been moved to the Junctions that can be done, the Quest Progression is dealt with by building Beacons.

You still get the blueprint of Chroma, and on top of this, if you were thinking about building him before the quest, you COULD'VE dealt with the junctions and built the ENTIRE SET before you even began the quest!

But no, you're here complaining that the company who made a game, that was rejected by every single publisher, into this miracle of a game which is free to play, scammed you on something that is, in and of itself, free.

If you want an actual Warframe Quest, do Atlas' questline, or Inaros' while Baro is here dishing out his quest (he leaves in 8 hours).

You all entirely missed the point, but thank-you for trying. The point was, the quest that was once rewarded with his parts in each step, now rewards just a bp. Junctions reward the rest of the parts so the quest is pointless and dis-jointed. i have all my planets open, i have done most of the things they require everyone to do again and so i feel scammed yes, because i'm repeating things i had already done to get parts that used to come from a quest i was part-way through doing. i have bought plenty of things and have no problem supporting development so if you say that to get a rise out of people it won't work here.

This is a feedback forum, my feedback is this *quest* now feels dis-jointed and pointless, and the fact people have to redo/regrind things for junctions that they had done previously, for parts that used to come from this quest only adds to that feeling. i'm disappointed in a change that makes no sense considering quest lines involving frames usually end in a frame, you're the ones moaning about how it *used to take 24 hours for one piece*, not me, i have no problem making an effort.