Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does location affect Ayatan drop chances.

Luther848

Question

I've been farming for Ayatan in the Void for a while at Teshub because at I heard Void drops more Ayatan stuff but it doesn't seem like there are many appearing. Does Ayatan drop more on higher leveled missions? Is there any way to increase my chances of finding them? Is there any planet better for finding them? Does opening lockers have a chance to drop stars? Does having people help because when I was farming traces I found like 1 every mission without even trying but I'm opening every box with Mirage+Sonicor? 

Edit: has anyone seen Ayatan stars falling through the floor cause I've seen what like stars appear then just disappear.

Edited by Luther848

13 answers to this question

For farming you definitely want to go to the Void because the Void's tilesets has the highest concentration of caches and lockers. I haven't really noticed any difference in the star's drop rates in high level missions, though. The only way having more people in an Ayatan Star farm could help is just clearing the tileset quicker.

Edited by PhrozenPhyr

they drop from any planet but you need a planet with lots of lockers and containers. The bigger the mission the more chances of getting stars. Jupiter and eris are good spots, the void have not found one since the update came out, uranus has a lot of statues that spawn in dead ends but there extremely huge maps that is the only down side. you have mercury that almost guarantee 1 to 2 stars per run.

If you have a scavenger kubrow that can open lockers it brings up the odds of getting stars, the more lockers you open the more changes you have for the stars to drop.

Edited by TrueHawkEye

16 minutes ago, Luther848 said:

Edit: has anyone seen Ayatan stars falling through the floor cause I've seen what like stars appear then just disappear.

I've seen things that give off a similar glow drop (They have a beam but no base) but those are ammo drops you can clearly see where a star is even if you've picked it up.

Lockers can only drop Amber stars but they can still drop them.

If you're farming for stars and you have a Smeeta Kavat you can get double drops on the stars so that's a good thing to try

1 minute ago, -Amaterasu- said:

I've seen things that give off a similar glow drop (They have a beam but no base) but those are ammo drops you can clearly see where a star is even if you've picked it up.

Lockers can only drop Amber stars but they can still drop them.

If you're farming for stars and you have a Smeeta Kavat you can get double drops on the stars so that's a good thing to try

I've seen several things which looks like Cyan stars appear but then disappear and I've even seen a star that was waypointed by another Tenno fall through the floor. I could tell it was falling through the floor because the waypoint showed it getting father away by like 100m per second. It ended up being 1900 meters away. They can fall through the floor but I can't tell what causes it.

21 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

Carrier doesn't effect stars but weapons like the simulor will.

The user above said that Carrier can make Stars drop through the floor of maps or at the very least they only seem to phase through the floor when a carrier is around.

5 minutes ago, Luther848 said:

The user above said that Carrier can make Stars drop through the floor of maps or at the very least they only seem to phase through the floor when a carrier is around.

If it does happen it's probably a bug, I've been using carrier the entire time while I hunt and the only time a star has moved at all (outside its initial momentum) was when someone used something capable of moving drops.

15 hours ago, -Amaterasu- said:

If it does happen it's probably a bug, I've been using carrier the entire time while I hunt and the only time a star has moved at all (outside its initial momentum) was when someone used something capable of moving drops.

That's exactly what causes them to phase through walls and floors, and I have seen it happen with carrier. It tries to pull it in and then it drops and is gone forever. However, if you break containers from outside vaccum's range, the stars remain on the floor.