The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyway to turn off chat?

kyori

Question

Is there anyway to turn off the random chat whenever we returned from a mission or during mission etc?

I don't know why it is implemented as auto pop-up without us activating it. It is annoying to see the random chat(which looks like a hooking channel lol) always there and blocking stuffs on the lower left of the screen. I wonder what is DE thinking or who in DE suggested that...

11 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, kyori said:

Is there anyway to turn off the random chat whenever we returned from a mission or during mission etc?

I don't know why it is implemented as auto pop-up without us activating it. It is annoying to see the random chat(which looks like a hooking channel lol) always there and blocking stuffs on the lower left of the screen. I wonder what is DE thinking or who in DE suggested that...

During mission the only chat you see is from squadmates, so you typically DONT want to block that since doing so typically means you are ignoring your squad.

Even if you disable region/recruitl/trade chat, Your clan/alliance will always be present.

For when I need to take screenshots with the HUD intact outside of missions, those clan chat keep popping up.
Select a random clan member and open a chat window with them, you don't have to type anything. Just keep that PM window as the active one and once it disappears after a few seconds you no longer have any form of chat text appearing anymore.

BTW, the mission chat tab does not always show up for me when playing solo, it seems to do so randomly. So the method I described above is why I use it all the time. You don't even have to disable the general chat channels, just open a chat window with one of the [DE] bots works just fine.

Edited by MystMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MystMan said:

Select a random clan member and open a chat window with them, you don't have to type anything. Just keep that PM window as the active one and once it disappears after a few seconds you no longer have any form of chat text appearing anymore.

Ok I'll try that!

Edited by kyori

3 hours ago, MystMan said:

There is no permanent solution if you're in a clan since the clan chat cannot be turned off.

I don't think it is the clan chat, because it was there even before I joined a clan. It's like a global chat or something that is always there. 

Very annoying as it disturb the screen.Really don't know why they make it like that.

There really should be a way to turn off squad chat. I do not care if it is considered ignoring them. I am tired of doing bounties and whether it's me or another squad mate leaving because we had to go, there is always that one player that insists on making a big scene out of it. Happened to me yesterday actually. Some username I can't remember that started with a k called me a noob for wanting to extract all because I had to leave to make dinner and he insisted on continuing the immature behavior via private chat. Mind you I don't mind being called a noob, that is not the problem, the problem is that this player was hoping to make a scene for no reason and I did not give him the chance. So I ignored him and just closed the tab without reading what he said in the private chat assuming he wanted to continue his antics. Please DE make it where we can close the chat during mission.

Make your own 1 person clan and use clan chat :)

I sometimes do that in squads depending on the kind of "information" I am forced to read until then.

But yes, there should be a different way.