Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shuriki - powerful thrown primary concept

(PSN)MrDemigod81

Here's my thrown primary weapon concept since we have a throwing spear in the primary. Here's my concept for  four pointed shuriken Primary concept. (Art work in development or looking for good weapons designer) since we are space shinobi more Ninja stars wouldn't hurt.

Shuriki

latest?cb=20140318025322
Weapon Slot    Primary
Weapon Type    Thrown 
Trigger Type    Charge

Utility
Flight Speed
80m/s (95m/s Charged)
Noise Level
0.0m (Silent)
Fire Rate
1.00 rounds/sec
Accuracy
16.7 (100.0 Aimed)
Max Ammo
72.0 rounds
Reload Time
0.7s

Normal Attacks
Physical Damage
 Impact
 Puncture
 Slash
Crit Chance
45.0%
Crit Multiplier
2.0x
Status Chance
20.0%

Charge Attacks
Physical Damage
 Impact
 Puncture
 Slash
Charge Time
0.25 sec/charge
Crit Chance
45.0%
Crit Multiplier
2.5x
Status Chance
10.0%
Punch Through
1.5m

The Shuriki is the Tenno’s most powerful throwing weapon This four pointed star was crafted to travel far distances with sonic  propulsion blades that is on a par with rifles, and bows when aimed steady at it's enemies. 

(NOTE: not to be confused with the hikou/prime the Shuriki is a CHARGED throwing weapon 1.00 round per second Vs. Hikou/prime secondary 5.4 rounds per sound.) 

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

44 minutes ago, Xardis said:

Either ninja or Eldar fanboy. No, I dont think that throwing weapons should be EVER primary.

It will work I'm going by the theme of warframe "ninjas play for free" shinobi didn't have shot guns, laser weapons, and rifles. The Tenno mimic ancient earth weapons. The Shuriki is a CHARGED thrown Shuriken. Just like bows how can this not work when the shuriken was the shinobi main primary in history. We have throwing Spear for a Primary I'm sure a charged thrown Shuriken can work for NINJA themed. Game give it a chance before you say it doesn’t work.

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

3 minutes ago, Matt89Connor said:

ok, but is only 1 so he has to return to you like the trow melee? or are more?

It has ammo just like your normal charged weapon it has 72 rounds. It's 1 Shuriken per second. Its very fast it hits like  sniper rifle that's why I added the sonic propulsion to give it that speed LORE  ?

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

8 minutes ago, Matt89Connor said:

mmh, we has a secondary of throw shuriken, what is the difference beetween the 2?

You throw multiple  blade weapons with a secondary this is a single sniper like weapon the hikou, despair, kunair, and spira have a mid range distance. The Shuriki has a very long range travel and a bow/rifle base damage. I hope this fix the confusion. Shuriken actually take precision to aim to do damage I've thrown one in real life and it takes real skill and eye coordination I wanted a realistic throwing weapon.

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

So it's like a giant shuriken? i don't remember how it's called. Fuuma?

I like the concept. Like arrows, it would be a single powerful blow with a charge. Still, does it has something so it doesn't feel like a bow with a shuriken skin? does it have a boomerang-like movement? if that's the case we'll have something like glaives in the primary slot, and would be kinda redundant

Edited by Arandabido

7 minutes ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

You throw multiple  blade weapons with a secondary this is a single sniper like weapon the hikou, despair, kunair, and spira have a mid range distance. The Shuriki has a very long range travel and a bow/rifle base damage. I hope this fix the confusion. Shuriken actually take precision to aim to do damage I've thrown one in real life and it takes real skill and eye coordination I wanted a realistic throwing weapon.

ook, now i understand  ;)...and i approved very good idea :)

3 hours ago, (PS4)BIGHEBREW said:

It will work I'm going by the theme of warframe "ninjas play for free" shinobi didn't have shot guns, laser weapons, and rifles. The Tenno mimic ancient earth weapons. The Shuriki is a CHARGED thrown Shuriken. Just like bows how can this not work when the shuriken was the shinobi main primary in history. We have throwing Spear for a Primary I'm sure a charged thrown Shuriken can work for NINJA themed. Game give it a chance before you say it doesn’t work.

Let mi specify - shurikens are small, they are too small to ever be primary weapon. If you make them bigger and perpelled with supersonic speeds - how is it a weapon with silent kill in mind? Yes, make something like this, just not in primary slot and not with "sonic propulsion".

13 hours ago, Xardis said:

Let mi specify - shurikens are small, they are too small to ever be primary weapon. If you make them bigger and perpelled with supersonic speeds - how is it a weapon with silent kill in mind? Yes, make something like this, just not in primary slot and not with "sonic propulsion".

still a weak argument but you are in title to your on opinion. 

Edited by (PS4)BIGHEBREW

I like this.

This could go one of two ways, I think.

It could work just like bows as mentioned which would be fine with me.

Or it could gain a new class of stances for thrown primaries. There's another thrown primary idea that I'm waiting to see @Gamer_Jay release when he's ready (predates the Lunaro ball), but I think this and Jay's idea could fit into the same category of thrown primaries.

Stances would give you unique combos that would be variations on different pitches and trickshots, making it a utility tool.

• Combo A: After a windup animation and some flips or twists, the Shuriki is thrown and disarms the enemy by knocking the weapon out of their hand/out of commission (for MOAs, etc), or slicing off their hand, forcing them to drop the weapon. (I prefer the latter. ^_^)
  • Combo B: After a windup animation and some flips or twists, the Shuriki is thrown and performs a ricochet combo, striking and stunning/blinding several enemies (by catching light at just the right angles...or slicing out the enemy's eyes/visual receptors...)
  • Combo C: After a windup animation and some flips or twists, the Shuriki is thrown in a straight line but deals 3X punch through on a line of targets.

Simply pressing the fire button or charging it would launch the Shuriki as normal.

On 9/30/2016 at 2:38 AM, Max7238 said:

I'm confused. I've never heard of a throwing spear primary in Warframe. I would definitely hunt it down if it existed.
That aside, cool idea. I'm game. If the Daikyu is a thing, why not this?

They're still not live yet, but they've been discussed a couple of times (probably during your break).

Try here and here.