Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur helmet Talon

arch111

This is for the Excalibur users out there, I don't have him myself yet.

The idea was to make a bit more wild-looking excal with the horn looking more like a real curved weapon. 

Since this was a speedsculpt, I am gladly taking suggestions if there are any. If not Ill continue anyways. 

excalibur_custom_helmet_talon_by_gaber111-daj3plh.jpg

7 hours ago, Kyotra said:

I actually really like this one. Like, it could totally make it if you complete it by the next selection cycle.

Thanks :) Since this is pretty straight forward, I actually think I can get it done.

1 hour ago, Senketsu_ said:

not bad. If I may interject my opinion. I personally think you should make the front skinnier or more V shaped. Currently the front of the face looks alot like a Predator.

I had it narrower at first. Then as I placed it on the body and compared size and angle and so on, with the default helmet, I saw I needed to add mass to it. As I did that it looked more at home to me.

I will take a second look at it though.

4 minutes ago, Jamescell said:

This looks great! A lot more in line with the modeling style of warframes than past stuff. I suggest making the head shape a bit more dynamic, though. Right now it's just a bumpy oval from the front view. 

Thanks,  yes Some siluette work is not a bad idea at this point.

5 hours ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

I like it, but personally there's already a lot of Excalibur stuff and I would prefer an alt helm for a different frame honestly.

What's your favourites? There are alot of talent around here, and this last batch got some awesome designs you know.

1 hour ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

Ash could use a new one. I am perfectly fine witht the style of the default helmet for him, but colours can be a problem.

Hmm. I WAS going to say Hitsusan just did a full Ashskin, and there us at least one helmet up on Steam. They are all reworks and pretty far from the default.

But they are great works! 

7 hours ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

I like it, but personally there's already a lot of Excalibur stuff and I would prefer an alt helm for a different frame honestly.

True. But then,  is there really a thing that we can have too much of in this game? 

Except nerfs and nullies, but that's a given ;)

7 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

how about between the grooves , the thicker lines that are extruding from sides 

Possibly, a bit TRONESQUE perhaps? I have half a mind turning this into an Ash-helmet for Excalibur the way Hitsusan did with his Excalibur skin.

He basically said screw what it is SUPPOSED to look like and did something else.

In fact that seem to be his design strategy, and prolly why we all like them so much :)

8 hours ago, arch111 said:

Possibly, a bit TRONESQUE perhaps? I have half a mind turning this into an Ash-helmet for Excalibur the way Hitsusan did with his Excalibur skin.

He basically said screw what it is SUPPOSED to look like and did something else.

In fact that seem to be his design strategy, and prolly why we all like them so much :)

yep 

and im a tron fan so ....*shrugs* 

you could try interweaving the glow into the horn