Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crossplatform PS4-PC ?

(PSN)Junsennnm

Question

14 answers to this question

I believe they have mentioned it a couple of times that it would not be possible. Probably too much of corporate hassle with Microsoft and Sony would be my guess. Also in case you were wondering about migrating to play together with your friend: PS4->PC=NO / XBOX->PC=NO / PC->XBOX/PS4=YES (but they only do it in small windows and i don't remember them mentioning doing it in the near future.)

With the initial release of Warframe on PS4, DE had intended for this to happen "when the builds (updates) synced up."  Unfortunately, because Sony requires that they okay every update on PS4 (a process that takes around one to two weeks) before it is released the builds will never sync because DE isn't willing to hold back PC updates for some idiotic and unnecessary reason like they are forced to on PS4.

51 minutes ago, xXRampantXx said:

With the initial release of Warframe on PS4, DE had intended for this to happen "when the builds (updates) synced up."  Unfortunately, because Sony requires that they okay every update on PS4 (a process that takes around one to two weeks) before it is released the builds will never sync because DE isn't willing to hold back PC updates for some idiotic and unnecessary reason like they are forced to on PS4.

I dont mind the wait to be honest, cause it means the issues on PC get ironed out so when the update hits console there are little to no problems or glitches.

1 hour ago, xXRampantXx said:

Its not just delaying updates, but rather that on PC its part of the development process to be able to continually drop patches and bugfixes when they need to. If they could only update things when consoles can, it could take forever to tweak and patch things as it would take at least two weeks to test out every little change. This could potentially hold back the development cycle much further than simply delaying an update.

Currently consoles get the fully tweaked, patched and bugfixed version a month or so later, while the PC version changed several times during that month. Had the PC had to submit each change and wait a fortnight each time it would have taken much longer than a month for consoles to get the same build, as the PC guys would still be fixing stuff.

In an ideal world it could happen, and sony/microsoft would just let them update as they like..but then in an ideal world I would be playing on a gaming PC anyway..

3 hours ago, (PS4)Junsennnm said:

I have tried searching a bit on google etc. , i wouldn't say i did a very extensive research but yeah . Is cross platform already available or still in progress? Cause I'm on PS4 and my friend plays on PC so I'm wondering if we will ever get to play together . But yeahh thanks for reading ! 

Never, ever will happen unless DE stops updating Warframe so that al platforms have same update. Xbox - ps4 is way higher chance but that wont be happening either im sure

On 9/27/2016 at 0:18 PM, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

Its not just delaying updates, but rather that on PC its part of the development process to be able to continually drop patches and bugfixes when they need to. If they could only update things when consoles can, it could take forever to tweak and patch things as it would take at least two weeks to test out every little change. This could potentially hold back the development cycle much further than simply delaying an update.

I was just giving the reason that DE gave, but this is also a major point too.  The ability to quickly make changes and fixes is essential to early releases of new builds, and that isn't possible on consoles.