Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Oberon any good?

(XBOX)AndrewNerd

Question

9 answers to this question

1 minute ago, GinKenshin said:

he's good, just build for an well rounded build with vitality and you're good to go. is he the best at what he does? nope. is he fun? yes 

I know that his health is good, I mean hey, he is a tank at higher levels. I really want to know if he is a good attacker as he is a defender.

While he may lack in power, he makes up for by being able to Heal and Crowd Control. And believe it or not, but his Reckoning is more powerful than Rhino's Rhino Stomp, although where Rhino gives Stasis CC, Oberon has Radiation CC, plus the potential to drop Health Orbs upon an enemy's death.

Overall, I think Oberon is an amazing Frame. Sure, he's lackluster compared to lots of other Frames, but it's because he's able to do what other Frames can do that makes him an amazing Frame. The CC of a Nyx, the healing of a Trinity, the damage of a Rhino... sure, he's not able to CC or Heal as well as a Nyx or Trinity but if you were to use Nyx, you couldn't heal, whereas if you were to use Trinity, you couldn't CC. Oberon is able to do both and that is where he really shines.

Just now, PickleMonster21 said:

While he may lack in power, he makes up for by being able to Heal and Crowd Control. And believe it or not, but his Reckoning is more powerful than Rhino's Rhino Stomp, although where Rhino gives Stasis CC, Oberon has Radiation CC, plus the potential to drop Health Orbs upon an enemy's death.

Overall, I think Oberon is an amazing Frame. Sure, he's lackluster compared to lots of other Frames, but it's because he's able to do what other Frames can do that makes him an amazing Frame. The CC of a Nyx, the healing of a Trinity, the damage of a Rhino... sure, he's not able to CC or Heal as well as a Nyx or Trinity but if you were to use Nyx, you couldn't heal, whereas if you were to use Trinity, you couldn't CC. Oberon is able to do both and that is where he really shines.

Thank you! That was what I needed, surprisingly. His first two abilities are a little underpowered, but I can see where you are coming from.

Oberon suffers from Hybrid Syndrome.

Majority of the time specializing heavily will get you more in this game.

Specializing a Hybrid however ends with less than what you'd get using another frame.

It doesn't help that the roles Oberon puts together are not ideal in the current state of the game. Healing is not very useful as an ability, we all have multiple ways to heal, Ability damage that doesn't scale with mods falls off quickly, Radiation as a form of CC is also somewhat bottom of the barrel.

1 minute ago, (XB1)AndrewNerd said:

Thank you! That was what I needed, surprisingly. His first two abilities are a little underpowered, but I can see where you are coming from.

Don't look at him as a Damage Dealer. Think more along the lines of CC. His first Ability, Smite, is AMAZING at single target CC with the benefit of the scattering Orbs hitting other enemies. Is there a Bombard giving you trouble? Use Smite and now he's distracted by his own allies.
I personally have him done up for Damage and Range, so my Hollowed Ground doesn't last long, and isn't effective for CCing long hallways, but it is good enough to remove Status Procs like Slash, Puncture, Fire, any Status Proc inflicted upon you. Now, add Duration to the mix and you can make effective use of it to lower enemy health before they can get to you, making them easier to pick off, if it doesn't kill them before hand.

Oberon's kit is actually well rounded. People just don't like him because another Frame does X better, and this other one does Y better. But what people don't seem to understand is that you combine the abilities of X Frame and Y Frame, and give watered down versions to Oberon. While they MAY be watered down versions, you still have the abilities of a few Frames in one. I think that's worth the trade off. Otherwise, why would we need X or Y Frames when we can just use Oberon?

Oberon, in short, is the Jack of all Trades, Master of none.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)AndrewNerd said:

I know that his health is good, I mean hey, he is a tank at higher levels. I really want to know if he is a good attacker as he is a defender.

he's a CC and healing frame. you shouldn't consider him as an dmg frame. his 1st can be a good cheap CC for the heavy units. his 2nd is....well, it has it's uses, like if you're running against grineer or infested with their slash and toxin procs, or a radiation sortie, you can use it to clear all of these procs

his 3rd and 4th are his 'main' abilities. his 4th is good when you find yourself surrounded, it gives you health, CC, and can kill some enemies along the way 

2 hours ago, (XB1)AndrewNerd said:

I want to know if Oberon is a half decent Warframe. I just made him and he seems a little underpowered, minus his healing potential. Any thoughts on him?

Even if you don't like Oberon, you need to level it up to 30 for the sake of your XP points.

Now said that, it is not bad to play Oberon in low or medium level, and its passive power can be an asset for you if you are still new in this game.

He can occasionally be useful, but generally he is not a decent DPS frame, if that's what you asking.

-His magic carpet gives status immunity, including knockdown, staggering, radiation, can come in handy when doing a elemental enhancement sortie;

-He can heal all companions (sentinels, kubrows, kavats) in your team;

-His passive is extremely useful when you're scanning for kavats genetic codes as it will make feral kavats friendly to you and you can do no damage to them, allowing easy scans;

-Reckoning can be a fair CC if build for range and efficiency, a good DPS too if playing low level missions but it works the best as a CC in my opinion;

-Smite is a decent ability, offering quick CC and 100% radiation proc.