Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Attempt at not-Chronos!

Matariel

Okay, so I've been sitting on making a time based Warframe for a while now. I know everyone and their mother have thrown their thoughts into the mix and i figured I'd do the same. So a friend (so_many_watermelons) and I threw around some ideas and this is what we came up with:

Name: Epoch (Chronos is too unoriginal)

Passive: ________: Nearby allies have increased casting speed.

1st Ability:

Backtrack: Epoch warps backwards in time, able to reshape the future.

Effect: Activating this ability teleports Epoch backwards along his path of travel to where he was 5 seconds ago.

Possible Augment: Probability Manipulation: Teleporting back leaves behind a specter of yourself from a probable future. (Basically a minion summon.)

2nd Ability:

Discontinuity: Epoch forcibly brings another timeline in line with ours, producing a double to confuse enemies.

Effect: Creates a specter that duplicates your actions exactly with a 1.5 second delay. Drains energy per second.

3rd Ability:

Dilation: Epoch causes time to grind to a near halt within an area, slowing both enemy and ally fire.

Effect: Lays down* a bubble around Epoch that slows hitscan fire into projectiles, projectile fire to bombard rocket speed, and rockets are slowed to a near stop. (note: everything still hurts). This effect is halved on allied fire. Slow amount is affected by power strength.

4th Ability:

Breach: Epoch forces open an unstable tear in time, creating a singularity.

Effect: Activating creates a black hole that pulls all nearby enemies and enemy fire into orbit around it, damaging and trapping enemies.

Possible Augment: Idiosyncrasy: Any damage an ally takes while inside the field is negated when they leave the field.

*changed due to a good idea in the responses.

A/N: Numbers subject to change, because balancing can be a *@##$.

A/N #2: Eck, i posted this wrong, don't know how to move to fan concepts

Edited by Matariel
better ideas.

27 minutes ago, Matariel said:

1st Ability:

Effect: Activating this ability teleports Epoch backwards along his path of travel to where he was 5 seconds ago.

Interesting, though I'm having trouble thinking of a scenario where this'd be useful

28 minutes ago, Matariel said:

2nd Ability:

Discontinuity: Epoch forcibly brings another timeline in line with ours, producing a double to confuse enemies.

Effect: Creates a specter that duplicates your actions exactly with a 1.5 second delay. Drains energy per second.

Excellent idea, however it has potential to be incredibly powerful, perhaps the spectre deals 55% less damage or something?

29 minutes ago, Matariel said:

3rd Ability:

Dilation: Epoch causes time to grind to a near halt within an area, slowing both enemy and ally fire.

Effect: Creates a bubble around Epoch that slows hitscan fire into projectiles, projectile fire to bombard rocket speed, and rockets are slowed to a near stop. (note: everything still hurts). This effect is halved on allied fire.

Sounds invaluably useful however I feel it'd slow the pace of gameplay too much and would render a lot of weapons unusable and force players to use melee, which isn't a bad thing but you wont have a melee equipped in every situation, plus, it has potential to troll team mates, perhaps if it was a field that could be placed down similar to frost's snowglobe and had a much lesser effect on ally weapons?

32 minutes ago, Matariel said:

4th Ability:

Effect: Activating creates a black hole that pulls all nearby enemies and enemy fire into orbit around it, damaging and trapping enemies.

Possible Augment: Idiosyncrasy: Any damage an ally takes while inside the field is negated when they leave the field.

Needs a bit of tweaking, sounds like a more powerful magnetise.

All in all, solid concept. +1

About the second ability couldnt it be made like....

you control the futur Epoch and its the one who take damage

the specter have 3 sec delay and dont take damages

if you cancel the skill the Epoch you control desepear along the last 3 sec damages taken

and you start playing as the Past Epoch making it the Present one

Would Fuse skill 1 and 2 and allow you to have a new skill as 1

:D

Edited by Tsoe

1 hour ago, Matariel said:

Okay, so I've been sitting on making a time based Warframe for a while now. I know everyone and their mother have thrown their thoughts into the mix and i figured I'd do the same. So a friend (so_many_watermelons) and I threw around some ideas and this is what we came up with:

Name: Epoch (Chronos is too unoriginal)

1st Ability:

Possible Augment: Probability Manipulation: Teleporting back leaves behind a specter of yourself from a probable future. (Basically a minion summon.)

2nd Ability:

3rd Ability:

Effect: Creates a bubble around Epoch that slows hitscan fire into projectiles, projectile fire to bombard rocket speed, and rockets are slowed to a near stop. (note: everything still hurts). This effect is halved on allied fire.

4th Ability:

*A/N: Numbers subject to change, because balancing can be a *@##$.

**A/N #2: Eck, i posted this wrong, don't know how to move to fan concepts

a time master is difficolt to create but you have a good idea with his powers :)

5 hours ago, Matariel said:

Epoch

Originality, something that many new frames are lacking ^^ Nice work.

Let's see...

Backtrack, nice ability, might also be dubbed Recall (wink wink...). Not overly powerful, but definitely an 'oh crap!' cast that would work in a fast-paced game like this, forcing a re-target on enemies is always a good bit of evasion.

Good choice for the augment too, minions are good cannon fodder.

Discontinuity sounds good, I think it would have to bring in the 'clone' with a little more delay, and a free-aiming function though, as the delay would mean that (unless you're against very high level enemies) you'll have killed the enemy too quickly for the clone's damage to have any effect. Movement, yes, but free targeting. And it would then make it distinct from Hall of Mirrors too.

Dilation... hmm... the problem I see with this is how annoying it would be to your allies if their fire were slowed too. The almost Turbulence like bullet slow would be great, as we've already got a function that can do that (Mag's Magnetise, the way it turns all damage into projectiles drawn into the centre) as long as we ensure that when the field moves on, the projectiles are destroyed rather than just carry on slowly or speeding back up, because that's a lot of calculations... But a shield of 'bullet time' that centres on the player? Definitely a good idea, encourages constant movement, and the combo with Discontinuity means that you wouldn't often overlap your double, while the recall of Backtrack would get you out of the range of explosives nice and quickly should you become surrounded.

Very, very good combo there, actually, I do like it.

Breach, though, is actually too familiar. It's a kind of hybrid between Vortex and Cataclysm that might not work in practice, or if it did the result would be a better version of Vortex, which we would want to avoid.

Why not a complete time stop? Breach makes all enemies and projectiles inside it completely stop, movement speed 0.0000, meaning that it's a temporary shield from outside projectiles like Cataclysm, and a bit of a stronger Chilling Globe. The function could then be that because enemies are Stopped, they don't initially take damage. You still have to shoot them, hit them, ability-damage them, but it doesn't take effect until the end of the ability (like Nyx's Mind Control targets).

In other words, it would be very powerful, but in some situations not so much, like on Defense, very good, but on Interception a badly placed Breach could mean that an enemy is stopped on the point, contesting it to prevent players from capturing the node until the ability is cancelled. It would, in theory, be great for high level, except you would have to take it down again before your damage actually killed anything, so the tactics of how to apply it would require active thought and timing.

Overall, I love the creativity and the synergy between the first three abilities, this would be a great frame to run-and-gun as, but also a very powerful tactical asset if used correctly.

11 hours ago, Glitch_Kitten said:

perhaps if it was a field that could be placed down similar to frost's snowglobe and had a much lesser effect on ally weapons?

That's what I had originally envisioned, I didn't communicate that part effectively. My bad. I guess the wording might have been off but when I said effect on allies is halved, i meant that it does 1/2 of the slow effect to allied fire, so like, say the bubble slows enemy projectiles to 1/4th speed, the bubble would only slow allied projectiles by 1/2 or so.

Edited by Matariel