Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building My First Prime Warframe- Nova Prime

(XBOX)GeckoGenesis

Question

9 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Saddler01 said:

Nova is your first? Mine was Frost. I believe the higher your strength the slower enemies move after being hit with Molecular Prime, and vice versa.

How was Frost Prime compared to Frost? 

Thanks.  I heard of how her fourth ability slows/quickens enemies, but I didn't understand how it worked

Also, I got Nova Prime and not normal Nova because I figured Molecular Prime should be used by a Prime. 

With Nova, there a few key details.

Overextended and no other Power Strength boosts makes enemies run faster, which can speed up Infested missions.

The Max Power Strength to go for is 45% from mods, so Intensify and Power Drift, or a mid ranked Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage is recommended.

Aside from that, the two main attributes to boost are Duration and Range for Molecular Prime.

As always, Quick Thinking and Rage can boost survivability with Energy Siphon and Zenurik.

Outside of that you can build to how you play in terms of increased survivability or power use, since Worm Hole is nice for zipping through maps, and if clever for messing with enemies (like dropping them into abysses), Antimatter Drop can be used on bosses for great effect and use of Null Star for a different type of fun self defense.

hope that helps!

Her 4th ability Slows enemies but it's caped in how much it can slow. In general you don't require more than +45% Power Strength on Nova. A Transient Fortitude will do the trick.

I Forma my Nova to allow for 3 different specs, sadly one is kinda dead. Generally you want to be able to go with Slow Nova or Speed Nova depending on the mission and level range. You'll mostly be using Nova's 4 and 2. Her 3 has spotty uses but for the most part you can do without.

Slow Nova:

0swi3fT.jpg

You can swap Redirection for Quick Thinking if you run Zenurik otherwise keeping enough energy for a consistent pulse of Mprime is top priority. The amount of duration you have affects the spread range of Mprime. Certain mission types like Excavation will work better with Long duration like this pic others will work better with less duration like some Survival maps.

Speed Nova:

RroaPTH.jpg

This was a 2 part build when her Anti-Matter Absorb could be held in place by Simulor Vortex. That no longer works but it's still kinda handy to run with as a shield.

In general with either Nova spec there's one mod slot open. You can use Stretch, Constitution, one of her augments or another defensive mod. None of the choices for that last slot are cornerstone mods and won't make a big difference in performance.

1 minute ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

With Nova, there a few key details.

Overextended and no other Power Strength boosts makes enemies run faster, which can speed up Infested missions.

The Max Power Strength to go for is 45% from mods, so Intensify and Power Drift, or a mid ranked Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage is recommended.

Aside from that, the two main attributes to boost are Duration and Range for Molecular Prime.

As always, Quick Thinking and Rage can boost survivability with Energy Siphon and Zenurik.

Outside of that you can build to how you play in terms of increased survivability or power use, since Worm Hole is nice for zipping through maps, and if clever for messing with enemies (like dropping them into abysses), Antimatter Drop can be used on bosses for great effect and use of Null Star for a different type of fun self defense.

hope that helps!

It does help a lot, thanks! 

Your idea of using Worm Hole to drop enemies into the abyss is brilliant.  I've never heard of it used that way until now. 

27 minutes ago, (PS4)joshw1400 said:

I don't think worm hole affects the enemies.

It does, which is fun and occasionally useful.  In a pinch you can use wormhole to defend hallways and choke points by teleporting them backwards, or use it to keep them away from interception consoles for a while.

Aside from the usual Slow Nova and Speed Nova, my third just for fun build is balanced around power and range and her Antimatter Drop augment, still one of the most satisfying ways of clearing a room.

Quick thinking with primed flow should be enough survivability if you are playing properly (ie avoiding damage with movement and cover, mpriming when needed, etc).  Rage is a waste of a mod slot since there is too small of a window where enemy damage is small enough to not kill Nova any way.

Intensify + power drift OR a rank 8 transient fortitude are the optimal ways to get to the power strength cap on mprime.  Range for that power is absolutely not needed.

One common mistake players make with her is a duration that is too long.  In LOR and interceptions you want max duration on slowing but in survival or defense you do not.  With speed you always want max duration.  Be a good slow nova and tailor your duration properly to what you are doing.