Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Life Support on Survival?

(PSN)youngweezy345

DE what is the sole purpose or use for a life support bar on a survival mission? Why do we need a life support bar in a survival? Isn't the main objective in a survival is to survive therefore why does there need to be a life support bar? Also in order to drop life support capsules you need to kill enemies but the thing is not enough life support capsules drop to maintain the life support bar? So why is there a life support bar in survival if your objective is to survive.

It would be too easy if you just had to survive, you could hide in unreachable places, you could make yourself invisible for 20 hours, please, I think you knew the answer and were to afraid of acknowledging it. It wouldn't be fun if you didn't had a knife on your throat the whole time.

Edited by GDSK-NXS

I'm sorry I can't understand if you are making an argument or asking a question.

To maintain life support you have to make kills to get life support capsules, I believe DE uses a formula for average kills per minute gives so much life support. and this is also augmented by how many squad mates you have. So if you or your squad are not getting enough kills you are not getting enough life support.

The lore behind the mission is just as the Lotus says a Tenno operative is searching for info and you are a distraction, the enemy has turned off life support and the drops you get are their personal life support.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)youngweezy345 said:

DE what is the sole purpose or use for a life support bar on a survival mission? Why do we need a life support bar in a survival? Isn't the main objective in a survival is to survive therefore why does there need to be a life support bar? Also in order to drop life support capsules you need to kill enemies but the thing is not enough life support capsules drop to maintain the life support bar? So why is there a life support bar in survival if your objective is to survive.

The other players explained you the lore, which is correct and all that.

But the true reason for you needing Life Support is to make sure you are out there killing enemies. Otherwise, you can just hide in a hole for the next 10 hours and just suck up the rewards.

Edited by -BM-Leonhart

1 minute ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

The other players explained you the lore, which is nice and all and also true.

But the true reason for you needing Life Support is to make sure you are out there killing enemies. Otherwise, you can just hide in a hole for the next 10 hours and just suck up the rewards.

Agreed.

Now if only enemies dropped ENOUGH life support for the mission to carry on, that would've been great.

4 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

Agreed.

Now if only enemies dropped ENOUGH life support for the mission to carry on, that would've been great.

It's very decent now though. I mean, even since they buffed the drops like 1 year ago, it has been very easy. It is around 5% per capsule, instead of like 3% on how it used to be, to the point Nekros was obsolete in survivals. 

Oh wow if they didnt have it we would hide blah blah blah is that all you guys have to say pfff do any of you do +3 hours on mot this forum was based on that you see if you were to endless survival (something 95% of the is community is to weak to do nor can get there) the very small percentage of the community who enjoy endless would to go farther without a stupid life support bar holding them back i don't care about the lore your doing a survival mission your objective to survive i can guarantee you other games that had a survival type game mode you can do whatever you want without being held back by a stupid life support bar because your objective is to survive 

Edited by (PS4)youngweezy345

a simple fix for survival is to remove life support and add in no respawn penalty. you survive until you are defeated. the mission fails if 1. you/squad are defeated before extracting at extraction intervals. 2. you/squad are defeated during play. a kill counter should be added to make it wave based so no one just goes and hides (0/????). faction transmissions should be added something like "???? is our primary target forces focus on this tenno scum" and change the AI to sprint run jog whatever towards that player from all directions. the survival we have is completely unintresting imo it could be much much better.

EDIT: when playing solo no enemy transmissions.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

On 2/10/2016 at 9:43 PM, (PS4)youngweezy345 said:

maybe instead of life support,we can have only to survive but in a little space and the enemies continue to attack you. Often in a survival mission, you have to distract the enemies, this could be good for me

Edited by Matt89Connor
fix

Simple solution. If the enemies aren't being "engaged" for a certain amount of time (i.e. they need to be able to see you and attack you), the timer stops until you make yourself available once again. If you want the mission to be finished ASAP, be sure to entertain your audience.

5 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

Simple solution. If the enemies aren't being "engaged" for a certain amount of time (i.e. they need to be able to see you and attack you), the timer stops until you make yourself available once again. If you want the mission to be finished ASAP, be sure to entertain your audience.

so, a timer you can recharge when you restart to kill enemies?

On 10/2/2016 at 9:00 PM, (PS4)youngweezy345 said:

Oh wow if they didnt have it we would hide blah blah blah is that all you guys have to say pfff do any of you do +3 hours on mot this forum was based on that you see if you were to endless survival (something 95% of the is community is to weak to do nor can get there) the very small percentage of the community who enjoy endless would to go farther without a stupid life support bar holding them back i don't care about the lore your doing a survival mission your objective to survive i can guarantee you other games that had a survival type game mode you can do whatever you want without being held back by a stupid life support bar because your objective is to survive 

lolwut?

So people give legitimate answers to your question and you turn to being a Catch U Next Tuesday. Way to go. Have a gold star. You win.

/sarcasm.

The answers given are legitimate. Even DE would tell you the same thing. This is a FREE TO PLAY game. Meaning they have to make it grindy. If it's such an issue for you, and you guarantee other games do it differently, go play another game and take your elitism with you. Most of us DO give a S#&$ about lore. And even with a life support bar, I went 2+ hours into a survival mission because I had the time and I was farming for a mod. I personally enjoy the life support thing BECAUSE of the reasoning AND because it makes me have to pay attention, instead of hack+slash+benefit. It prevents it from being mindless.

You want the mindless hack and slash, go play dynasty Warriors.

11 hours ago, Matt89Connor said:

so, a timer you can recharge when you restart to kill enemies?

Yeah, the timer would only pause until the enemies are engaged again (this doesn't necessarily mean killing them, but at the very least hitting them). When the timer gets going, it'll pick up from where it stopped. You won't need to worry about failing the mission; the only punishment is taking longer overall to get rewards if enemies aren't engaged.

12 hours ago, KirukaChan said:

Yeah, the timer would only pause until the enemies are engaged again (this doesn't necessarily mean killing them, but at the very least hitting them). When the timer gets going, it'll pick up from where it stopped. You won't need to worry about failing the mission; the only punishment is taking longer overall to get rewards if enemies aren't engaged.

will be good but need to increase the number of enemies in battle?

@Nocam So just i'm better than you and stating facts about a flawed survival system im an elitist and should leave this game pfff first off no i don't have to learn thank you very much second off those weren't legit those were half-asrsed simple responses any moron can come up with i would've preferred a more advanced response about the game's mechanic's on why the survival system is flawed on why do we need a life support bar holding us back in a survival game-type that's pretty self-explanatory which is a game type made for going against tough enemies and surviving until you can't and why the one thing to keep up life support which is kill a lot of enemies still not helping but all you idiots told me was simple bs which is "oh it's part of the lore" "the dev's will tell you the same thing" "your just an elitist" also ive done a 1 hour and 42 min survival in mot i 've stopped at that time because of the one thing i'm talking about i personally wanna do 3 three hours and longer but i can't because of this stupid thing holding me back which you morons are defending very hard and also i can guarantee almost every game i've previously played that had a survival game type wasn't as flawed as warframe because like i said you main objective is to survive that is a fact that is the truth there is nothing you can say to change the fact that warframe surivial system is flawed and implentation of a life support bar is unneeded but you people can't fact's or the truth you just believe in what you wanna believe and say what you want and create topics outside my question did i ask was it lore related no did i ask its de game and it has to be grindy no did i ask am i being a elitist and should play other games no i've simply asked why is that mechanic implemented in this game-type which yet you people have to answer i probably should've been more specific and asked hey why is there a life support bar holding me back in a game-type called survival even tho your main objective in a survival a game-type in so many with the one objective which is too survive without having anything holding you back why is a life support bar needed mechanically wise but whatever i expected too much im just an soo called elitist that need's to leave and that the answer to my question is "oh its the lore thats why" hmph pathetic

1 minute ago, (PS4)youngweezy345 said:

Proved my point you have nothing logical or advanced to say 

No, literally just stopped caring. You're too much of an &#! to pay attention, so there's really no point.

Now go ahead and leave some comeback and have the last word, because I really don't care.

pay attention to what that you so poorly presented me you stopped caring cause you lost a battle that you lack knowledge in ah the failure to understand to each other's knowledge/words are the world's greatest downfall are you so blinded by your pathetic bravado to even learn the knowledge or are you just like the rest of the imbeciles @Nocam your only further proving my point