Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does dmg types work in PvP?

RistN

Question

13 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, TheJadrimian said:

Edit: Also, there is no status chance in Conclave. Most physical damage weapons do not inflict procs (with the possible exception of the Dread? Can't confirm personally) but many elemental damage weapons always proc on hit (with the exception of toxic damage).

Status proc can occur when inflicted by Warframe abilities as well, like Ember's Fireball. 

There is no crit in pvp neither. Generally all random factors are excluded in PVP, such as crit and random status proc.

In Conclave, as I understand it, warframes have Flesh as their health type, Ferrite armour and normal Shields. The upshot of this is that Puncture is the most effective damage type against unshielded targets but the worst against shields, whilst Impact damage is the opposite. Slash is somewhere in the middle.

Edit: Also, there is no status chance in Conclave. Most physical damage weapons do not inflict procs (with the possible exception of the Dread? Can't confirm personally) but many elemental damage weapons always proc on hit (with the exception of toxic damage).

Edited by TheJadrimian

8 minutes ago, CatalystD said:

I recall being told that, in PVP the dmg dealt by weapons is EXACTLY the number listed in loadout screen to prevent confusion of any form. I assume it means dmg type is entirely disregarded.

As I recall, this was indeed the case when Conclave was initially released. Nowadays, however, there are most definitely differences between damage types.

Edited by TheJadrimian

I believe this should help a bit

Spoiler
Surface: Flesh Ferrite Alloy Shield P. Shield Status
Physical
Damage
Impact b Impact -25%     +50% +25% 1)Stagger
Puncture b Puncture   +50% +15% -20% -50% -Damage
Slash b Slash +25% -15% -50%     Bleed
Finishing   2)N/A   2)N/A   2)N/A   2)N/A   -
Elemental
Damage
Cold b Cold     +25% +50%   Slowdown
Electricity b Electricity     -50%     Chain Attack
Heat b Heat         -50% Fire DoT
Toxin b Toxin +50% +25%   2)N/A   2)N/A   Health DoT
Combined
Elements
Blast b Blast Heat b Heat + Cold b Cold   -25%       1)Knockdown
Corrosive b Corrosive Electricity b Electricity + Toxin b Toxin   +75%     -50% -Armor
Gas b Gas Heat b Heat + Toxin b Toxin -25%         Toxin AoE
Magnetic b Magnetic Cold b Cold + Electricity b Electricity     -50% +75% +75% -Max Shields
1)Energy Drain
Radiation b Radiation Heat b Heat + Electricity b Electricity     +75% -25%   -Accuracy
1)Friendly Fire
Viral b Viral Cold b Cold + Toxin b Toxin +50%         -Max Health
  • Flesh: Applies to all Warframes, Specter (Tenno), Specter (Enemy), and the Stalker.
  • Ferrite Armor: Applies to all Warframes in PvP and PvE modes, Rhino's Iron Skin, and Specters (Tenno and Enemy).
  • Alloy Armor: Exclusive to the Stalker.
  • Shield: Applies to all Warframes, Specters (Tenno and Enemy).
  • Proto Shield: Exclusive to the Stalker.

1) Does not affect the Stalker. | 2) The damage associated bypasses these secondary protections.

Incase you are wondering, it shows how each damage type affects Tenno (and off-topic to this thread also Stalker)

But for the love of Lotus, PLEASE do not use the Sibear in Conclave. Torture the PvE enamies with it, NOT YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS!

On 3.10.2016 at 0:34 PM, Rawbeard said:

Ferrite armor in conclave? urgh, god forbid we have consistency.

It looks a lot like Warframes have Ferrite armour in PvE now, too. But I don't know when that got changed (if it did, what I tested wasn't entirely conclusive).

On 3.10.2016 at 11:18 AM, TheJadrimian said:

As I recall, this was indeed the case when Conclave was initially released. Nowadays, however, there are most definitely differences between damage types.

Damage types were in from the start, just not shown in the UI. They fixed that eventually, but some UI numbers are still off (explosives), and a lot of weapons have slightly wrong numbers (it's complicated), but that's not noticable most of the time.

Here's how the elemental damage types compare to each other against a hypothetical Warframe with average stats:

fvrYxTR.png

*) Toxin ignores shields.

Edited by Kontrollo

On 3.10.2016. at 11:19 AM, CatalystD said:

Status proc can occur when inflicted by Warframe abilities as well, like Ember's Fireball. 

There is no crit in pvp neither. Generally all random factors are excluded in PVP, such as crit and random status proc.

^This is all true^

I have been doing some research and testing.The best physical dmg types are impact for shields,puncture for health and slash is kind of balanced dmg type.So it is the best to have high impact or puncture weapon.You mod it with those mods that convert dmg types in next order:

#High puncture dmg on weapon-mod it for impact

#High impact-mod it for puncture

#High Slash-mod it for puncture

I don't know much about elemental dmg but it should be that magnetic is best against shields and toxin is best against health.Weapons that deal this kind of dmg are nerfed and deal small amounts of it.