Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crazy Speculation But...

Could be a number of things to be honest. Zephyr skin + rework, Focus tweaks, Shield Gate, customization of separate armor pieces, more Tenno customization, and ETC. DE could be working on a lot of things to ship with the update. They probably have to play through the quest every time when they fix a bug, just to make sure that fix didn't break something else in the quest too.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I've got an even crazier proposal.

What if the delay was due to DE attempting to match builds across all platforms?

/me - watches the forums burst into flames.

giphy.gif

The comunity will go insanely crazy and ANGRY if thats is the case ;) 

My opinion is we will have full Orbiter with all it its systems nad this is whythey delay i so much 

6 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Just a question, because I think that fits here:

Does Dmg3.0 include the removal of all dmg+ mods and also multishot mods? Or is this wrong information?

Yes, kind of. Multi shot was supposed to increase ammo consumption, but was bugged and didn't. They're going implement this to make them optional mods, remove base damage increase mods and make them scale with ranks, and hopefully do something about elemental mods because they will become the new required mods.

1 minute ago, Fugana said:

The comunity will go insanely crazy and ANGRY if thats is the case ;) 

My opinion is we will have full Orbiter with all it its systems nad this is whythey delay i so much 

They confirmed that the infested door is going to come after The War Within, so I don't know about that. They could have been lying to surprise us?

Just now, silkygoodness said:

Yes, kind of. Multi shot was supposed to increase ammo consumption, but was bugged and didn't. They're going implement this to make them optional mods, remove base damage increase mods and make them scale with ranks, and hopefully do something about elemental mods because they will become the new required mods.

Okay, Thanks for explaining this to me.

But in that case I think that DMg 3.0 might be... -maybe- far away. After all the release of primed point blank was not so long ago. Or maybe it was... I got the mod and I haven't played for 1/2 year lol. However, I think they wouldn't have released it if dmg 3.0 was to come soon. And afaik they already talked about the hypothetically removal of dmg mods back then.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

I've got an even crazier proposal.

What if the delay was due to DE attempting to match builds across all platforms?

/me - watches the forums burst into flames.

snip

I would welcome this... I feel sorry for the console players. Srsly... I wouldn't have the patience... I'd trade my console (if I had one) for a PC just because of warframe.

DE (Scott more specifically) stated that DMG 3.0 is still in the works -as of Devstream 80-. They say that it keeps getting brought up, but because they're looking to make it the 'last' damage rework, they're having difficulty finding a proper balance in line with enemy scaling and game flow. On the other side of Console build progression, the coding from PC to console is different, and both Sony and Microsoft require builds to be submitted, THEN reviewed by an internal team before publishing it to public build on consoles. 

Edited by SquireAngel

1 minute ago, (PS4)Magician_NG said:

Bah, don't be.

I'm not.

Those times when content runs dry are the times I'm able to get back to other games.  ESO and DQVII demand my attention these days.

Heh, okay... But...

There is a lot of complaining coming from console players... especially recently. And while I don't approve of ranting, I can still really understand  their point.

It's gotta be horrible- especially if warframe is your... main thing - your favourite thing, and you always see the Pc players enjoying that content you have to wait for. I for example just can't get myself to switch to another online game while waiting... it feels like adultery lol

13 minutes ago, WEREsandrock said:

Heh, okay... But...

There is a lot of complaining coming from console players... especially recently. And while I don't approve of ranting, I can still really understand  their point.

It's gotta be horrible- especially if warframe is your... main thing - your favourite thing, and you always see the Pc players enjoying that content you have to wait for. I for example just can't get myself to switch to another online game while waiting... it feels like adultery lol

I can relate to their pain as well. Many other things could disappoint you if you only have consoles; such as maybe the update that came in, the one you've been all hyped up for feels even more saddening when it's not the change you desired.

This is pretty much my main game, so if I weren't blessed with this laptop, I'd have a lot of trouble trying to wait for updates.

And, if you see a new video from their Youtube channel, you're just there to hype yourself up even more instead of getting to try whatever is shown, immediately.

"O_O Acolytes are back?! Oh.. only on PC's side. Damn."

41 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

DE (Scott more specifically) stated that DMG 3.0 is still in the works -as of Devstream 80-. They say that it keeps getting brought up, but because they're looking to make it the 'last' damage rework, they're having difficulty finding a proper balance in line with enemy scaling and game flow. On the other side of Console build progression, the coding from PC to console is different, and both Sony and Microsoft require builds to be submitted, THEN reviewed by an internal team before publishing it to public build on consoles. 

Yeah but a similar thing was said about focus. They said they kept cannibalizing it and redoing it and were just completely back to the drawing board with it, and then out of nowhere it showed up in the Second Dream.

57 minutes ago, silkygoodness said:

Yeah but a similar thing was said about focus. They said they kept cannibalizing it and redoing it and were just completely back to the drawing board with it, and then out of nowhere it showed up in the Second Dream.

Eh...a good example, but also a not so great example. Focus was a completely new system, and was slightly pivotal to be included with Second dream, as Operators are the focus system, essentially. DMG 3.0 could very well come out at any point, however, it's not really tied to anything, so there's no real reason to tether it to something before it's as smooth as internal QA can make it before shipping it. DE has stated that Focus came out a little rushed. It's pretty decent, but it still needs work, and it something they're continue to work on in the future, or so they say.

55 minutes ago, SquireAngel said:

Eh...a good example, but also a not so great example. Focus was a completely new system, and was slightly pivotal to be included with Second dream, as Operators are the focus system, essentially. DMG 3.0 could very well come out at any point, however, it's not really tied to anything, so there's no real reason to tether it to something before it's as smooth as internal QA can make it before shipping it. DE has stated that Focus came out a little rushed. It's pretty decent, but it still needs work, and it something they're continue to work on in the future, or so they say.

Well hence why this is taking so long.

Honestly I don't know why I am arguing for this when I just wanted to create a thread of fun wild speculation. It doesn't matter if they do or don't whip it with damage 3.0, but they could and that's the fun part.

1 hour ago, EmptyDevil said:

It was a bug. I remember a time when i was semi-new and i didn't like it on my bow because it made me run out of ammo faster.

wasnt nova also bugged with negative power effects and was left it as is o. o ?

or am i thinking of something else? 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

I very much doubt that The War Within will ship with anything other then itself. Keep in mind that TWW started off as so massive an update, it overreached and had to be broken up. Even in the broken up state of Lunaro, Specters of the Rail, The Silver Grove, and The War Within (pending) it's still rather massively unwieldy.

Damage 3.0 by itself will likely be so massive a change that it will shake up Warframe's play state for months following. As both players and DE work their way through the changes and get things stable again. Unless Damage 3.0 ends up being horrible, it would likely have the same draw as a major "event" driven update just by virtue of people needing to figure things out again. Same thing happened with Damage 2.0.

We need to clear The War Within (parts Lunaro through TWW) hurdle (more like sand-trap at this point) first. Then would the time to start looking at a possible Damage 3.0.

Edited by Brasten

30 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

wasnt nova also bugged with negative power effects and was left it as is o. o ?

or am i thinking of something else? 

Yes, so if you put a mod like over extended on her that decreases her power strength under 100% she will actually make enemies move faster instead of slower with her molecular prime ability. This was unintentional, but was kept because it was super useful in some situations.

Edited by silkygoodness