Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Ammo Mutation now obsolete?

Ifeno

Question

It seems like the new carrier exclusive mod (that replaced Vacuum) is just an omni-ammo mutation.  Does that mean all the ammo mutation mods are now completely obsolete?  They already saw little use to begin with as far as I can tell.  The only weapon I myself used one on was the Twin Grakatas but it seems now that this new carrier mod exists I don't even need the Ammo Mut Prime anymore.  What are your thoughts and experiences with the new carrier mod?

7 answers to this question

I haven't tested this personally but I'd immagine it stacks with other ammo mutations to the extent that you'd end up getting more ammo for the wrong ammo types than the right one, it might be useful for making pure inefficient builds that would normally be impossible to run.

Think of it this way. There are now 3 ways to deal with terrible ammo economy weapons. the first two existed before; Ammo mutty and ammo restore pads. Carrier can now carry that burden. It doesn't make the other options obsolete, it simply gives you a new choice with how to deal with it.

Yes and No.

It's obsolete for ammo efficient weapons like before

It's not obsolete for ammo shredders like Kohm, Twin vipers, glaxion, the ammo still gets shredded too fast, but you can use it for weapons like launchers/secondary explosives and have infinite ammo now (which is great)

and the effect stacks with ammo mutation so you can make ammo shredders like Kohm and Glaxion sustainable as the only weapon you use (if you combo it with a primed mutation)

Edited by Noobverest