Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With damage 3.0 could we get rid of reskins?

Unholy_Ghost

But then you have instances like the latron prime and wraith, I have them both, I wouldn't consider either of them objectively better than the other but they have different stats.

This is really just more of a matter of progression, its not bad to have a certain level of balance between weapons and I'd love to have more endgame viable stuff, but in the end something is going to be obsoleted.

edit: to clarify, there's nothing wrong with having step stones, so long as the more 'elite' versions are harder to obtain, a person might get the weaker but easier to get weapons first then work their way up.

Edited by NoXHeart

Seeing as we have Prisma and a Wraith Gorgon that have different stats, I am gonna say "No."

Some weapons should be beginner like, while other should be stronger. It gives the game a sense of progress. 

I think the real issue is that the pyramid of power is too narrow at the top and the summit needs to be widened.

The Wraith & Vandal weapons aren't added in because the original weapons needed buffs, they're added in as bonuses / rewards for people who put the effort into gaining them. From events and sorties cause those things are best with tangible rewards. 

Another thing to think about is that it is item based progression. Its not unreasonable for a game to have weaker weapons at the start and as that player plays more they gain access to better weapons such as upgraded versions of the old weapons and new weapons. New player picks up a Braton, then a Grakata, then when they're at a stage when they can start collecting ducats, they're rewarded for the time and progress they've made by accessing an upgraded version with a unique look. 

You pick up a Wraith / Vandal / Prisma / Prime weapon over the original the same way you'd switch from an Iron Sword to a Steel Sword. 

I agree with the ones talking about game progression. You don't just pick up a game, demand to be an op god with the best gear, kill the final boss in one hit, and be done. Games don't work like that. They would not be fun. The reason some weapons are weaker is for progression.

You come in new. You start out with an MK1-Braton. Dirt cheap, but it gets the job done. You like the Braton? Move up the line. Standard Braton and then finally Braton Prime. 
Don't like the Braton? Try out a different, weaker weapon to see if it fits your playstyle. Like the Strun.
Suddenly you like the Strun a lot. And then they tell you for a limited time, you can get an upgraded version of it. Doesn't that make you want it more? Do you not feel the energy of striving for something greater?

Yes, you will be letting go of the gun that got you there for another gun that looks the same but has better stats. But that is what it means to move on to the next level. To progress. Was I a bit angry when, after putting two forma into the Tigris, they unveiled the Sancti Tigris? Yes. But at the same time I also had something to strive for. The next tier of the gun I love so much. Was I literally spitting fire when they revealed the Tigris Prime? Yes, [though it was because it SHOULD have been Strun Prime, but w/e] but I am still farming it to make the gun. The next step up. 

Now man up and step up to the next level.

On 10/7/2016 at 0:25 PM, Xekrin said:

^^LOL Wut!? Its forcing a quote window in here? Im not quoting anyone....

Anyway, I kinda wish each of the guns had an "upgrade" stage.  Maybe after you have it polaritied the way you want it, you put in another forma, that you then ask it to upgrade the gun itself.  This basically gives it a boost equal to a Wraith upgrade.  Then you can do it again to Prisma level upgrades.  Then finally, a last upgrade to "Prime" status.  Each time it applies "Wraith" and "Prisma" to the gun, allowing you to get the 3000 mastery XP for the upgrade. 

As for "Prime guns", like the Soma Prime, I guess there could be a "Legendary" Prime status or something, where the same applies, its a boost in stats to the next level. 

Maybe 5% for Wraith, 5% more for Prisma, 10% for Prime and a final 10% for Legendary Prime status....30% increase in weapon stats at the end, to match the 30 lvls of the gun, cuz why not. 

Either way, more upgrade variants and more stuff to upgrade guns and reasons to keep them around.  Seems like a way to make junker guns more viable, and just more then Mastery Fodder. 

It really seems derpy that despite all the guns we have in game, only a select 10 are worth anything more then MR fodder.  WOuld be a way for us to boost guns to match the power creep of the upper tier mobs to.  I get to a point with my weapons that no matter how I spec them, I cant kill Lv45+ mobs with any kind of consistency, despite using the proper elemental setups, and having all max rank mods.  Its like, really, if I cant make it work now, how am I supposed ot kill hordes of lvl 200!?

I took a Supra modded for Corrosive vs Grineer and it wasnt doing anything more then my Heat specced Supra, or Soma Prime.