Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bladestorm feedback and schadenfreude

Insizer

3 minutes ago, Retequizzle said:

So basically, Ember and Equinox will be the new map clearing frames.  Big whoop.

what do you mean new? At least with Ember she doesn't always kill enemies at first, her damage falls off fast.

Edited by Insizer

Well, personally for me I am looking for a solution that will help Ash not be a generic spam 4 warframe, but something that actually require interactive playing that rewards the player for skilful play. The current iteration of Blade Storm is.. a fair change, but it doesn't promote interactivity and makes him more cumbersome to play.

Just now, Retequizzle said:

So basically, Ember and Equinox will be the new map clearing frames.  Big whoop.

*Sigh* Okay here we go again. Their damage falls off at higher levels. Equinox needs to build maims damage first, and Ember needs to use accelerant and even then it's better off with the augment. They're not all that impressive.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

*Sigh* Okay here we go again. Their damage falls off at higher levels. Equinox needs to build maims damage first, and Ember needs to use accelerant and even then it's better off with the augment. They're not all that impressive.

Define "higher levels" in Warframe, because even going into 3+ hour survivals, you're barely scraping the surface edge of higher levels at 200+, and a properly built World on Fire can still clear Grineer/Corpus tilesets well into that.  The argument "oh you have to use accelerant too so it's not good" means literally nothing here, given that I'm referring to all of Ember's kit and not just one ability.

I don't know how this will work for Consoles. It would require ninja controller skills to make this happen on console. Other than that, it looks like Ash is going to be even more OP than he was before. Covert Lethality will be a thing again. Ash remains Solo king because he can just hold the ult button until there are a ton of enemies around him. Yeah, that's gonna completely change Ash.

10 minutes ago, Retequizzle said:

Define "higher levels" in Warframe, because even going into 3+ hour survivals, you're barely scraping the surface edge of higher levels at 200+, and a properly built World on Fire can still clear Grineer/Corpus tilesets well into that.  The argument "oh you have to use accelerant too so it's not good" means literally nothing here, given that I'm referring to all of Ember's kit and not just one ability.

I meant you need to put more work in than simply turning on WoF and watching everything die which was what was seemingly implied. Ember being useful past lvl 80 is news to me as well since she almost has no survivability. And people use fireball and fire blast? They felt very samey to me.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Tactless_Ninja said:

I meant you need to put more work in than simply turning on WoF and watching everything die which was what was seemingly implied. Ember being useful past lvl 80 is news to me as well since she almost has no survivability. And people use fireball and fire blast? They felt very samey to me.

Ember gets overlooked more often than she should be, given the circumstances.  This is one potential build I would refer to for using Ember for map-clearing:

Spoiler

0effa1802cba38738a6b9800192fbb46.jpg 

Stats are underwhelming on paper, but a ~255% Power Strength WoF (Growing Power + Energy Conversion) with an Accelerant buffing fire damage by anywhere between 360%-600+% (if my math is right, I'm getting ready for work so my numbers on that percentage are estimates) amps it up rather high, even on Sortie tilesets where Armor and Shields can be troublesome at best and downright stupid to overcome at worst.  Energy Drain is a non-issue to the point that Primed Flow is pretty redundant unless you're throwing Accelerant very often, so to that end it actually does remarkably well on Survivals.

You could realistically get away with doing this build using 2-3 forma as opposed to 5-6 if you opt for non-Primed mods and keep the Aura polarity as a V instead of swapping it, so even for the investment on it, it's not a huge chunk of time or Forma BPs that need to be farmed to make it work.  But at this point we're getting off-topic so I apologize.

On topic, I've only seen a few threads about the Ash "rework" if you want to call it that.  I'll probably just rehash him to be an armor-stripping single-target DPS machine instead of letting him sit in my inventory doing nothing.  Good for captures, I guess?

1 minute ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

That's because Ash is mostly a solo frame. Most people play him solo. Now, he's pretty much the same it's just that now you have to press one more buttton. 

Then OP getting giddy over Ash's coming "rework"(Read: nerf) makes no sense since the infamous kill-stealing Ashhole is pretty much a non-issue.

9 minutes ago, Retequizzle said:

Ember gets overlooked more often than she should be, given the circumstances.

Seems I've been neglecting her for too long. I completely forgot about those mods. ._. Alright I'll have to try that out. This is the sound of me eating my own shoe.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)godlysparta said:

That's because Ash is mostly a solo frame.

Ash is an incredible team player that's been overshadowed for too long by his ult. Teleport can instantly get you across the entire map, and his smoke screen augment can covers allies while they're down/reviving.

Edited by (PS4)Tactless_Ninja

Honestly I think it's kind of weak in terms of player involvement, granted it is better than the current version in that regard, but still pretty boring.

See Marksman Hunters in WoW, I don't think I know a single person who finds the current style of MM Hunter fun in comparison to the previous batman version of the spec.

Mark things, deal damage to marked enemies, wew.

1 hour ago, Insizer said:

Is anyone else relishing the Bladestorm rework feedback? I myself am loving seeing people complain about how Bladestorm will be useless and allow squads to steal kills from Ash.

It's time for our revenge on bladestorm spammers :D
I will enjoy "stealing" their kills as much as they enjoyed "stealing kills" from us and making dangerous enemies immortal for at least 20 seconds.

why the hell do we need to hold 4 to tag enemy when you can just hold fire and kill them in the first place, here is the scenario

Ash: hi corpus, mind if i tag you

Corpus: wt... *start shooting*

Ash *running around dodging and screaming like a lady* .... i ma need more tagging, tagging some more ... then *boom* ... will some1 revvvv meeeee

48 minutes ago, g4yb4ll said:

why the hell do we need to hold 4 to tag enemy when you can just hold fire and kill them in the first place, here is the scenario

Ash: hi corpus, mind if i tag you

Corpus: wt... *start shooting*

Ash *running around dodging and screaming like a lady* .... i ma need more tagging, tagging some more ... then *boom* ... will some1 revvvv meeeee

That's cute how you think he's all impotent and helpless now. :3 I see it more like going to the local pet shop and picking out fish. You see the one with the puffy cheeks, and the one with the colorful stripe, and that other neat one that just ate it's own poop. Then they all die. :awkward:

13 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

How to play Ash:

step one: get a trinity.

Step two: spam 4.

Get 89% of kills in 4 man squad...

To be fair, having Trinity in your squad makes everything a complete cakewalk and will make basically any frame capable of getting 89% of the kills.