Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

High level excavations

(XBOX)zorroporro

Mainly talking about the likes of Hieracon. The few times I've run it this week, it's been full of people just getting the credits and getting the hell out after the first excavator. When sometimes someone wants to stay, they can even get insulted for it. Is Hieracon mainly used for this now? To each his own, and there's always the chat recruitment (which I'd rather not use but it sure looks like I have to). But how about having THREE excavators as a mission requirement before you can leave? As it is, it is quite short and over before it began. Three excavators wouldn't even take long, but it would add even some sense of a real mission to it. Even in defense, you have to at least spend some time with it before you can extract.

38 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Thats a bit sad since that mission is great for relic farming.

Yes, that's why I want to run it in the first place.

Don't mean to *@##$ too much about it, not going to tell people how they should play their game or that my way should be the only way, but it got me thinking that extraction missions can be too short and some of the design might encourage certain behaviors.

Can't dark sector mission credits be increased to have proportionally the same amount of credits as x short missions the longer you stay, like 20 waves def missions credits = 4x5 waves mission credits? That shouldn't break anything since in the end we would get the same amount of credits and maybe people would stay longer instead of spamming the matchmaking servers with less than 5min missions.

The way it work atm is pretty silly or maybe i'm missing something.

Edited by Gilmaesh

2 minutes ago, Gilmaesh said:

Can't dark sector mission credits be increased to have proportionally the same amount of credits as x short missions the longer you stay, like 20 waves def missions credits = 4x5 waves mission credits? That shouldn't break anything since in the end we would get the same amount of credits and maybe people would stay longer instead of spamming the matchmaking servers with less than 5min missions.

The way it work atm is pretty silly or maybe i'm missing something.

that is great idea i was think about something like that..that is only fix

46 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Fun?

OH wait, I'm sorry. I thought we were playing a game, my bad.

Well i personally dont like facing above level 50 enemies. Not because its hard but becausd 1) awful enemy scaling require cheese to counter to cheese, hardly any real challenge 2) completely lore breaking when mook grineer has far higher durability than a rhino.

Edited by ninjacat2015

20 hours ago, ninjacat2015 said:

Well i personally dont like facing above level 50 enemies. Not because its hard but becausd 1) awful enemy scaling require cheese to counter to cheese, hardly any real challenge 2) completely lore breaking when mook grineer has far higher durability than a rhino.

hierachon can be done to 1k cryo easily without the enemies becoming to bullet spongy. the standard should be 1k like a full rotation (AABC). its just like when people do Def to wave 15 and leave it makes no sense.

The problem, that OP brings up, ties nicely to another thread, in which people are asking DE to share its design philosophy. Right now Excavation is designed in such a way, that allows abuse, on which DE just replies - stop abusing the mission and play the game the way you're supposed to.

As to what you're proposing - it would just be a band-aid. However, it can be a semi-permanent one, if the minimum amount of excavators required to complete the mission would be connected to amount of people in the squad; let's say 1 excavator per Tenno.

2 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

hierachon can be done to 1k cryo easily without the enemies becoming to bullet spongy. the standard should be 1k like a full rotation (AABC). its just like when people do Def to wave 15 and leave it makes no sense.

Is not 400 cryo the full rotation ?

6 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i was merely saying 1k should be the full rotation because it is so easily gotten to while being much more rewarding.

For a pub team 1K is too much expectation though. As a good player with good selection of equipment I am sure you can reach it. The typical pub team can't reliably do it however. Rotation needs to made with the average player experience in mind.

That and 1K would severely increase the already lengthy grind.

Edited by ninjacat2015

1 hour ago, ninjacat2015 said:

For a pub team 1K is too much expectation though. As a good player with good selection of equipment I am sure you can reach it. The typical pub team can't reliably do it however. Rotation needs to made with the average player experience in mind.

That and 1K would severely increase the already lengthy grind.

the bad thing is people want things so quick and when they run out of things to do they complain there is nothing. i can name numerous games whose grind dwarfs the grind found in warframe. while i agree you cannot expect pugs to last as long as 1k. if people want to farm credits doing one extractor they should put their game in solo and do it. DE has not given us a way to boost spawns that you see in a full squad for solo so our only resolution is to play in a squad. imo DS should have been disabled when they removed contribution.

someone in a different thread suggested they allow people to leave when they want to also allowing those who want to stay to also be able to do so. those who want to farm credits would leave on the first extractor and then enemies spawn would auto adjust but i would imagine coding that kind of system would be a nightmare but a worthy endeavor.

Edited by EinheriarJudith