Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question or curiosity about some weapon augments

(PSN)Phoenix32778

Okay so I have noticed in many instances the weapon augment mods can be places on other versions of the same weapon as long as it shared the name type. The mod for Burston, Dual Cleavers , Skana, etc. However there is one I am really questioning especially with the Wraith version out in the sortie as a reward set now. Wraith Twin Vipers .. So Tell me why the Stinging Truth can't be used on them?  I mean seriously it doesn't do much but add the syndicate proc and some ammo . Seems kinda petty to have weapons like Burston Prime getting 80% fire rate boost and the proc. OR The Dual Cleavers which includes prisma dual Cleavers and it adds 100% melee Damage and the syndicate proc .. There is one other question about another gun as well. The Vaykor Hek, it seems like you should def being able to use Scattered Justice on it, as well - yes no? I am hoping that these can be adjusted so we could use them on all versions of the weapons not just 1.

Well I am just wonder is all. But to be fair you kinda invite these questions when some weapons clearly have double standards is all. 

Not a huge deal just wishful thinking is all.

Edited by Yaerion
Cut an unnecessary part of the title.

I edited your title. Please do not beg attention from the developers. All members of the forums want to be noticed by DE, and such attitude will bring their hostility upon you.

The Community Managers and devs do their best to read through everything and pick the best feedbacks they see. It's the quality that matters to them. Make a clear title, a constructive and well-presented post, that's all ;)

As for your questions/suggestions (note that I am not an employee of DE, i'm speaking here as a plain player ^^) :

1) Dual Weapons are considered totally different weapons from the Single one. The mod that work on one, won't apply to the family of the other.

2) The Vaykor Hek is a Syndicate Weapon, it is built with already "enhanced engineering" by them, that's why it can't use the Syndicate mod. At least, that's my guess of the lore. Being able to use the mod would be overpowercreep.

Thread Switch Teleported from Feedback]XB1&PS4 to Feedback]Weapons

3 hours ago, (PS4)Phoenix32778 said:

The Vaykor Hek, it seems like you should def being able to use Scattered Justice on it, as well - yes no? I am hoping that these can be adjusted so we could use them on all versions of the weapons not just 1.

I hope this happens aswell, kinda... I do like that the Hek can compete with the Vaykor Hek because it can use the augment, but at the same time I don't like that this is the ONLY reason the Vaykor Hek is not just another upgrade, because of an arbitrary limitation set by DE that isn't even consistent anymore.

Also yes I agree the Burston Primes augment should just be the Burston augment instead. About the Vipers, it's a different weapon, you can make the same case with the Furis augment (that's the only thing keeping the Furis alive atm) which can't be used with the AFuris or Dex Furis (which I barely see used anyways).

@Yaerion

With the release of the Rakta Dark Dagger that CAN use the syndicate augment, it shows that syndicate versions can use augments of weapons that they offer.

Edited by Madway7

6 hours ago, Madway7 said:

With the release of the Rakta Dark Dagger that CAN use the syndicate augment, it shows that syndicate versions can use augments of weapons that they offer.

I guess its because the Syndicate melee's don't get the syndicate burst effect the primary and secondaries do, maybe weapon augments will come for the other syndicate melee's, I don't know.

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

I guess its because the Syndicate melee's don't get the syndicate burst effect the primary and secondaries do, maybe weapon augments will come for the other syndicate melee's, I don't know.

hmm, it might be so that the bursts don't stack or something then. I mainly want them to release more augments for other non melee weapons atm, hopefully breathe life into stuff that barely gets used for one reason or another.

1. Technically speaking, I'm 99% sure that either augment mods are set to white-list individual weapons or the weapons are set to white-list individual mods. There shouldn't be anything in the game code that explicitly says, "yes, this weapon counts as a Hek," or "no, this weapon doesn't count as a Hek." The game should only say, "yes, this weapon can equip Scattered Justice," or "no, this weapon cannot equip Scattered Justice."
  2. Judging by the mod description (e.g. "+1 Justice"), if, by some chance, you managed to equip Scattered Justice on the Vaykor Hek, the game would most likely treat it as having 2 Justice (where the Vaykor Hek has 1 Justice innately), meaning your Justice meter would fill twice as fast.

OK so what do the Syndicate melee weapons do if they dont have the syndicate burst proc like the other weapons? Seems like a waste .. Why would you even want them if that is the case? I mean that was what I was kinda looking forward to. several regular melee weapons with the syndicate augment mod have that burst proc so why wouldnt the syndicate melee itself. IDK being on console sucks for the updates..

10 hours ago, (PS4)Phoenix32778 said:

OK so what do the Syndicate melee weapons do if they dont have the syndicate burst proc like the other weapons? Seems like a waste .. Why would you even want them if that is the case? I mean that was what I was kinda looking forward to. several regular melee weapons with the syndicate augment mod have that burst proc so why wouldnt the syndicate melee itself. IDK being on console sucks for the updates..

Spoiler

Represent your favorite Syndicate with these unique entry of weapons. Each weapon is charged with a unique bonus (brainstormed by your Design Council!) and reflect the Syndicates they represent. These weapons have stat changes and a unique passive, but there is no Syndicate burst associated with them. Diversity! All weapons must be equipped in melee mode to benefit from the bonus (save for the Telos Boltace). 

ARBITERS OF HEXIS
Telos Boltace - Push the limits of Tenno lethality with violent spinning attacks that damage all enemies in range. Increased mobility when equipped in melee mode. (Weapon Bonus by TunaMayo) 

CEPHALON SUDA
Synoid Heliocor - This intelligent hammer takes an enemy killed by a channeled attack and recomposes them as an ally if their Codex entry is complete. Any fatal strike with this weapon also performs a codex scan. (Weapon Bonus by Design Council collaboration) 

NEW LOKA
Sancti Magistar - Each charged attack turns the enemy’s pain into a healing pulse that washes over allies. Also, creates resistance to status effects when held. (Weapon Bonus by (PS4)Sreza and Design Council collaboration) 

PERRIN SEQUENCE
Secura Lecta - Whip the enemy out of their ill-gotten gains; double credit drops on kills. (Weapon Bonus by Oranji) 

RED VEIL
Rakta Dark Dagger - Infiltrate undetected; reduced visibility when held. Then strike with confidence; hits to irradiated targets restores shields and creates overshields. (Weapon Bonus by Design Council collaboration) 

STEEL MERIDIAN
Vaykor Sydon - Justice blinds. Each blocked hit charges a Radial Blind, when fully charged drop block to unleash it. (Weapon Bonus by Tourach and taiiat)

Obtain these weapons through Syndicate Offerings. You must reach the top Syndicate Rank to purchase the pertaining weapon.

From: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/699623-the-silver-grove-u2/