Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

War Vs Galatine Prime

(PSN)KwGeek77

So I just a short while ago finished the second dream Quest and I as we all know got a Broken War as a reward for doing the quest.

Now I have noticed that in the past before that many players would run high level missions with a war as their Melee seeing that it has one of the highest Base damage in the game, (Well that was before the introduction of the Galatine Prime)

Now I'm just wondering if  War is now worth getting or  Upgrading My broken War to war if I ever happen to get the War BP in a stalker drop, Or should I not bother and wait  and grind for the parts for the Galatine-P.

Now My big problem is that I'm Master rank 10, (An I just can't seem to be able to complete the master rank 10 Test) An seeing that the Galatine-P requires a master rank of 13 before  any one can use it, for me the War seem like a good choice for now, (I just have to wait for the War BP to drop that's all)

But I have some reservations on upgrading My broken war to War, mainly because I know that the Broken war comes with a Catalyst already insulted, while War if built does not have a  Catalyst, an I don't like the idea of sacrificing a Catalyst (even a free one) just to for  weapon that may not be all that good (comparably to the Galatine-P)

Now I read some places that War is maybe one of the Sortie rewards, which is cool in my books. So it many ways a person can own both a War and a broken war, But I don't know if that is true or just internet gossip.

What are your Thoughts on War and the Galatine-P?   I love to hear them,  

2 minutes ago, ashrah said:

war is pretty impresive i played t4 void with only war 2h run... very good wepon... u will not regret... same as gelatine

I Own a Normal Galatine and I'm Super happy with it, it was one of my early  weapons that I built, it get more usage than other any other weapon.

Also War largely a Impact weapon, an while high impact is great against Shields and Machinery, it suck against flesh. 

An since Both the Galatines are slash damage, they do pretty well against almost every one.  

14 minutes ago, (PS4)KwGeek77 said:

I Own a Normal Galatine and I'm Super happy with it, it was one of my early  weapons that I built, it get more usage than other any other weapon.

Also War largely a Impact weapon, an while high impact is great against Shields and Machinery, it suck against flesh. 

An since Both the Galatines are slash damage, they do pretty well against almost every one.  

Pretty much this.

I've used the Galatine for, I think a few years now actually and it's never really let me down, I even went down and bought the Hunhow's Gift pack so I could keep War and Broken War (Also because Stalker is scared of me and never shows up. ever. I'm marked from literally everyone, even bosses that no longer exist) and even THEN outside of leveling up War I stuck with my Galatine simply because I didn't feel that the Impact damage had enough behind it, being really only good against Shields while Slash is almost never a bad choice.

Galatine Prime was just gravy

15 minutes ago, (PS4)KwGeek77 said:

once u mod war... with element crits.... u will do pretty well vs infested to dont worry  cz it has pretty high dmg...but if u can choice beetwen war and gelatine p i would go for gelatine cz its faster...

Galatine Prime > War

War was the strongest weapon before Galatine Prime. It didn't somehow become less powerful because Galatine P came out. So ultimately, it's up to you. I can tell you, though, I spent my plat on the Hunhow's Gift bundle (before the price got lowered, mind you) and I have used War quite a lot. I still use War even though Galatine is flat-out better. 

IMO, it's not a waste because if you lose Broken-War, what's the big deal? You would trade it for one of the strongest melee weapons in the game, while there are many weapons stronger than Broken-War, even outside the heavy blade category. Like Nikana Prime or Atterax. 

There's quite a few thoughts about War and Galatine Prime here which might be of interest

Should War be buffed, now that the Galatine Prime is out?

As for my opinion on this, I have War, Broken-war, 2 Galatines (different polarities) and the Galatine Prime.

And I will say that I'd rather have Broken-war & a Galatine* than War. 
*as both are very fine weapons.

For me the only purpose War serves is a visual one, and now that Galatine Prime is around even more so.

And if I want an Impact weapon I'll more likely use the Jat Kittag.

I guess another way to say it is-
 War is a fine choice from a group of weapons filled with fine choices,
 but Broken-war is the best "single sword" in the game currently.

Cheers
~R~