Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Akbronco link...AGAIN?!

(PSN)brksboom

Question

So I'm a player that has 180 hours but no prime gear (I play solo a lot and am not very good as I only have gotten to Pluto thus far) and I'm one piece, Nova Prime Chassis from Nova P but almost every single time I run the relic my Lith N1 relic, I get the link WHICH IS ONE ABOVE THE CHASSIS. So my question, I looked on the wiki but could not find any PERCENTAGES on the part drips for relics. Does this exist? I'm starting to get frustrated as I have run this almost 12 times now and all I have to show for it are a bunch of akbronco links. The game has also refused to give me a legit Continuity in 180 hours of play....but that's another meltdown for another day. Anyway, anybody know the percentages so I can do actual numbers??

10 answers to this question

Farming prime parts is supposed to be done in a group...

2 minutes ago, (PS4)brksboom said:

Anyway, anybody know the percentages so I can do actual numbers??

Wiki says the rare part of any relic has a chance of about 2%.. at radiant its already 8%. So with a full group where everyone has a radiant relic you have  a chance of 32% to get the rare part in one of the relics...

Warframe is not a solo game, so think about recruiting a group for farming prime parts^^

15 minutes ago, --Q--UmadcausebaD said:

Farming prime parts is supposed to be done in a group...

Wiki says the rare part of any relic has a chance of about 2%.. at radiant its already 8%. So with a full group where everyone has a radiant relic you have  a chance of 32% to get the rare part in one of the relics...

Warframe is not a solo game, so think about recruiting a group for farming prime parts^^

It's actually 10% for Radiant. Running an all Radiant group has a 34% chance to drop the rare.

Thank you all for your answers. I know it's best to farm for prime gear in squads, I just always feel so rushed by other players when I do that. And a lot of times people will just all head to extraction whether I have my reactant or not making the whole run void, pun fully intended. And thank y'all for not explicitly saying I'm dumb, evidently the numbers ARE in the wiki...

: /

I feel your pain, funnily enough I've had the same issue with nova prime chassis on pc too... I haven't been able to complete a single prime warframe yet, I'm now at 4 warframes that are missing just one part...

I wouldn't mind the poor rng if I could get hold of the relics I need but I keep getting relics I've completed and have all the parts from instead of the ones I need, theres some relics I haven't even had drop for me...let alone the parts on them.

5 hours ago, (PS4)brksboom said:

So I'm a player that has 180 hours but no prime gear

180 hours is really just getting started in a game like Warframe.  Just for a little perspective I have just under 3000 hours logged.

but almost every single time I run the relic my Lith N1 relic, I get the link

I know you want the chassis, but the link is not a bad thing to be getting a lot of.  It sells to the void trader for 45 ducats and the mods and weapons he sells cost any where from 300 to 600 (mods on the low end, weapons on the high).   You need those ducats.

The game has also refused to give me a legit Continuity in 180 hours of play

Do you know where to get a continuity?  That's always step #1.  It is a reward for spy missions, defense missions (at 20 waves), from void containers that produce random mods, and from the boss Sargus Ruk.

For defense the easier missions have a higher drop chance for that mod than higher level ones.  Anything from Phobos and down.

You should be running lots of spy regardless because it has lots of really good rewards.  Run all levels as the rewards change.  Go to the wiki for all the details.

Void containers - they are a really good source for mods and there are a couple of mods that ONLY come out of containers.  But you have to learn which containers might produce a mod because it is not all of them.  A good rule of thumb is if the container is hidden / hard to get then it might have a mod.  If it is just sitting in the open then it won't.  Of course the treasure rooms are filled with mod containers.  Thief's wit / loot detector / animal instinct are highly recommended in finding these things. Carrier too (until we get universal vacuum) since it can suck mods out through closed walls after you break open the container with AOE or punch through.

For Ruk, I hate running bosses for mods personally.  YMMV.

5 hours ago, --Q--UmadcausebaD said:

The problem with that is unless the part is very new (ie the latest Prime access) you'll spend an entire day in recruiting chat waiting to get three other players that want the same thing.  A squad with 4x radiant relics for a nova chassis is a pipe dream at this point.

It's fine to run your relic in a PUG.  Sometimes you give your rare to others and sometimes you grab one off someone else.  It evens out over time.

The important thing to do is ALWAYS TAKE THE RARE.  It amazes me how many people take a common reward when there is a rare in the pool.  DE color coded the names so please just take the rare  people.

2 hours ago, --Q--UmadcausebaD said:

that makes no sense

Why not? You don't just add the chances, rather, you multiply them.
[Otherwise, e.g. rolling a die exactly 6 times would guarantee you each side to appear exactly once. Yeah no.]

A 10% chance for the Rare reward means a 90% chance to not get it,
thus, with a full Squad of 4x Radiant, it's 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 = 0.66 (rounded up),
i.e. a 66% failure chance or, if you're a glass half full kinda dood, 34% chance for success :D

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Why not? You don't just add the chances, rather, you multiply them.
[Otherwise, e.g. rolling a die exactly 6 times would guarantee you each side to appear exactly once. Yeah no.]

A 10% chance for the Rare reward means a 90% chance to not get it,
thus, with a full Squad of 4x Radiant, it's 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 = 0.66 (rounded up),
i.e. a 66% failure chance or, if you're a glass half full kinda dood, 34% chance for success :D

ok ok you won. Please stop with the maths now xD